test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Damage values change between rounds

mazmarhaunmazmarhaun Member Posts: 20 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
I've just noticed that the damage my abilities do fluctuate. For example:
Waiting in protectors enclave waiting for pvp queue, Chill Strike tool tip says 1,005-1254
Get into PvP, Chill strike says 499-650
Back to Protectors enclave, chill strike says 1005-1254
Back into pvp, Chill Strike says 1005-1254.

I have no idea why the numbers would change. Some rounds my damage is reduced by around half, other rounds they aren't reduced at all.

Does it have to do with how they balance a 10 level difference between players in pvp? Something included in balancing it out when someone queues as a level 30 and someone queues as a 39?

When my damage is reduced, I can't kill anything.
When my damage isn't reduced, I do very well and tend to win more 1v1 fights than not.

Anyone else notice this?
Post edited by mazmarhaun on

Comments

• Options
    vaichanavaichana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 91
    edited May 2013
    I noticed this when I was levelling in pvp. When going Conqueror at 50 with the GF I was doing a lot of damage to people. Despite increasing in level and getting better equipment though, the closer I was getting to 59 the lower my damage inside PvP was compared to that outside. Guess it's some weird, screwed up balancing system?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The strange thing is that the values I listed were taken between two matches of pvp at the same level. Nothing about my character changed. This event has happened several times throughout all my levels.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Tonight it was happening again. Level 38 and my moves were being reduced by 1/3 - 1/2. Then, still 38, my skills do full damage. Strange thing is that my friend, who is level 34, now has his moves reduced by 1/3 - 1/2 while my other friend, level 30, has nothing changed about his moves and they hit harder that my level 34 friend. They two are TRs and I am a CW.