Trading Reviews

ganker3ganker3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I'm doing a review for a review!

My foundry:

Quest Name: Cult of the Dragons
Short Code: NW-DSTLFFQ5K
Duration: 10-20 minutes.

Important: I'll play and review your foundry after you reviewed mine. Post your review in a game and here in this topic and add a name and a short code (so I will find it faster) of your Foundry.

After I see your post, I'll play and review (here and in a game) your Foundry.
Post edited by ganker3 on

Comments

• zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will give your quest a go, soon as the servers are back online. (I reviewed your quest, 16th May 2013, in game feedback left)

My Quest

Campaign: Resurrection of Xunvrae (4 parts)
    Quest Name: The bones of Xunvrae
    Author: Elimgarak83
    Short Code: NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    Tags: Story, Explore, Combat
    Tested: 14 GWF, 60 CW, 60 DC, 29 CW
    Quest forum post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?235592-Resurrection-of-Xunvrae
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Okay. I'll play it soon. Mine is in signature :) Thanks
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just played your quest.

Not bad left a review / rating in game.

Maybe make the last boss harder, he is weaker than the hulks. Either have add's / make him a multiple part boss.
    Exit: To leave the map you open the door and would expect to run through to exit. Instead your exit is the open door itself. Maybe add an invisible wall behind the door with the exit interaction.
    Undead? The quest says to defeat the cultists and demons. But most of the mobs are undead. Maybe re-skin and rename the undead to demons. So it keeps to your theme.
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • ganker3ganker3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just played your quest.

Not bad left a review / rating in game.

Maybe make the last boss harder, he is weaker than the hulks. Either have add's / make him a multiple part boss.
    Exit: To leave the map you open the door and would expect to run through to exit. Instead your exit is the open door itself. Maybe add an invisible wall behind the door with the exit interaction.
    Undead? The quest says to defeat the cultists and demons. But most of the mobs are undead. Maybe re-skin and rename the undead to demons. So it keeps to your theme.

Just played your foundry and I must say that it's fantastic! All the time you've had to spend on developing this story ...
    Also, zones were great, they were really well designed. Encounters were balanced so it's another good point of your map. Also I liked the idea of bonus zones and all those bonus items which told me a little more of story. Keep up the good work. I'll for sure check your other maps in the future.
  • direblaze1direblaze1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    please play and review my first foundry.

NWDSFMZOODA

im about to play yours now.
  • notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You will find my quest in my signature. There is a copy/paste line at the bottom of the signature. Your review:

In-Game Rating: 4 Stars. True rating: 4.25.

1) I like the opening map.
    2) I would rename the battle wights so your world is your world.
    3) I love the circular rooms with the spiral stair cases.
    4) Not really sure I fought any "demons." I fought zombies and a lot of cultists. You might add mobs with demon costumes.
    5) Final door set to interact before dungeon complete. It is also used to exit quest. Be careful with this as I believe it gives players two options (I opened the door before final fight), and should they choose to interact over exiting, they might lose the option to leave the map. I would just drop opening the door mechanics all together on this door.
    6) Final encounter is fairly easy.

Overall, encounters are well-spaced and reasonable. I would encourage more encounters, and perhaps a couple of near-impossible ones just so you keep players on their toes. Also, the last mob would look better as an elite. I had no trouble taking him down. Consider adding a hard encounter here and use the other minions (outside of the elite ones) as cult support.''

Please don't forget to check out my dungeon below.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • ganker3ganker3 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    notaurious wrote: »
    You will find my quest in my signature. There is a copy/paste line at the bottom of the signature. Your review:

In-Game Rating: 4 Stars. True rating: 4.25.

1) I like the opening map.
    2) I would rename the battle wights so your world is your world.
    3) I love the circular rooms with the spiral stair cases.
    4) Not really sure I fought any "demons." I fought zombies and a lot of cultists. You might add mobs with demon costumes.
    5) Final door set to interact before dungeon complete. It is also used to exit quest. Be careful with this as I believe it gives players two options (I opened the door before final fight), and should they choose to interact over exiting, they might lose the option to leave the map. I would just drop opening the door mechanics all together on this door.
    6) Final encounter is fairly easy.

Overall, encounters are well-spaced and reasonable. I would encourage more encounters, and perhaps a couple of near-impossible ones just so you keep players on their toes. Also, the last mob would look better as an elite. I had no trouble taking him down. Consider adding a hard encounter here and use the other minions (outside of the elite ones) as cult support.''

Please don't forget to check out my dungeon below.

A well designed foundry. The story was interesting and some fights (especially with fire elementals) were challenging. I wish this map was much longer though. You should rebuild this map, add a lot of new store and combat, then it would be fantastic.
    I gave your map 4 out of 5 stars.
  • notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ganker3 wrote: »
    A well designed foundry. The story was interesting and some fights (especially with fire elementals) were challenging. I wish this map was much longer thought. You should rebuild this map, add a lot of new store and combat, then it would be fantastic.
    I gave your map 4 out of 5 stars.

Thank you. I am actually designing more as we speak. This was the entry encounter. From here, there will be a massive dungeon called "Memnon's Mind" (which is where you will teleport to instead of that city scene). You will have to work with Arias to get to the final encounter... of which she will be yet another :)

Thanks for checking it out!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • atiaxiatiaxi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    I also gave this a play - it's pretty straightforward and entertaining :)

- Might want to block off the stairs down in the first chamber, they're somewhat pointless with the portal there

- Scout "You will see by yourself" -> "you will see for yourself"

- Cult leader is kinda hamming it up, isn't he? (HAHAHAHA - it's a bit over the top)

- Someone else mentioned it, but: I see lots of undead but none of the mentioned demons

On the whole, it's decent, but it's lacking in the plot department - this isn't really a problem if you put something like 'combat focused' in the description, though. You might also want to re-word the description as a whole, e.g. "If they will succeed, our world will be in great danger" is kinda awkwardly worded.
    --
    My foundry campaign "In Thrall to the God of Rage":
    Crumorn the Spiked: NW-DCDX6KMED
    Nerisatis the Cold: NW-DNIEWE95D