test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian worthless?

zikulozzikuloz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Have we heard anything from pw or cryptic about making the guardian a better tank so they aren't excluded later on?
Post edited by zikuloz on

Comments

• maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They just need to change a few things, nerf Cleric shield and lower healing threat that way GF should be able to fill it's role.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • darkstorn42darkstorn42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have actually seen plenty of GF hold threat, and I manage to hold plenty of threat on my GWF (Yes I speced for it)
  • zikulozzikuloz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So are you guys more of a dps specced guardian to keep threat then a straight tank spec?
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zikuloz wrote: »
    So are you guys more of a dps specced guardian to keep threat then a straight tank spec?

They have to be if they want to hold threat. The other two trees are broken/worthless.
  • ccoulterccoulter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have actually seen plenty of GF hold threat, and I manage to hold plenty of threat on my GWF (Yes I speced for it)

What do you recommend to keep agro?
  • zeldainkneehighszeldainkneehighs Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF are fine man. Don't listen to the baddies who trash the class. When I started playing it was hard to figure out how tanking/aggro was going to work in the game. It really isn't bad. The only people that ***** about GF being "worthless" are baddies who don't know how to play the class and use the tools given. They want to stand still and press TAUNT in between shield bashes and blocking. This game isn't for lazy people. Stay active, keep things marked, ask your group to keep adds concentrated so your cleave hits all if possible(and KEEP THEM MARKED!), use your taunt, keep them marked, keep your heal daily going, keep them marked. It is fairly simple.
  • aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?166451-Envy-s-DPS-Guardian-Fighter-compendium
    great thread on a dps guardian spec that holds aggro.. check it out!!
  • wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    GF are fine man. Don't listen to the baddies who trash the class. When I started playing it was hard to figure out how tanking/aggro was going to work in the game. It really isn't bad. The only people that ***** about GF being "worthless" are baddies who don't know how to play the class and use the tools given. They want to stand still and press TAUNT in between shield bashes and blocking. This game isn't for lazy people. Stay active, keep things marked, ask your group to keep adds concentrated so your cleave hits all if possible(and KEEP THEM MARKED!), use your taunt, keep them marked, keep your heal daily going, keep them marked. It is fairly simple.

and then the control wizard launches everything over the side and you get kicked.
  • supersaiyansonsupersaiyanson Member Posts: 41
    edited May 2013

Yup run around marking the 50 adds that spawn which will still do nothing. You can tell this guy is a pro GF from his choice of daily in PVE.
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    GF are fine man. Don't listen to the baddies who trash the class.
    No the problem is that with the Cleric shields they aren't really needed - I think that is his point.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success