test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic, c'mon hurry up I want ranger/archer class...

balthezorebalthezore Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So, whats taking so long? Ranger/archer type class is something I always play at mmo's :/. And no I'm not happy with CW it's boring and repetitive class IMO.

Gimme ranger for the love of Talos!
Post edited by balthezore on

Comments

• Options
    xaerostrikexaerostrike Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ranger/Archer is more my play style... cant believe there was no option to roll one, all other MMOs have a Archer/Ranged Class right off the bat...

we really REALLY need this class ASAP......
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really? In D&D, generally a ranger can be 95% replicated by a specifically built fighter with a certain philosophy of life. Monk is another story. To a lesser extent, bard and druid are other stories, but they're still a ways away from any other stock D&D class - far moreso than a Ranger. And don't even get me started on a psionicist...

Boo on the Ranger. Monk is my first pick, druid and bard after that.

Then again, last new version of D&D I actually played was third edition.
  • Options
    xaerostrikexaerostrike Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah... but we all know this game is NOT really D&D anymore rofl..............
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Really? In D&D, generally a ranger can be 95% replicated by a specifically built fighter with a certain philosophy of life. Monk is another story. To a lesser extent, bard and druid are other stories, but they're still a ways away from any other stock D&D class - far moreso than a Ranger. And don't even get me started on a psionicist...

Boo on the Ranger. Monk is my first pick, druid and bard after that.

Then again, last new version of D&D I actually played was third edition.
    You aren't familiar with D&D 4'th edition that this game is based on are you?

You can't replicate anything in 4'th ed since powers are unique to the class, and this game has no general feats either.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    zeldainkneehighszeldainkneehighs Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bro, they can't even release the classes they have without them being full of bugs.
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    You aren't familiar with D&D 4'th edition that this game is based on are you?

You can't replicate anything in 4'th ed since powers are unique to the class, and this game has no general feats either.

You know, all I remember about 4th edition was looking through the PHB and DMG and thinking "was this made to emulate video game skill trees or something?" I guess so, focusing on builds and distinct classes rather than ambiguous grey area characters where a wizard can overlap with a warrior in all sorts of neat ways...

Yeah, I don't know 4th edition. Kind of guessing I'd rather not.
  • Options
    spikespirespikespire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Im sure it will be out soon, right? RIGHT!?
    NWsig_zps2f8df234.png
    ZRcH2.gif .gif .gif
    "You know you wanna fondle my dragons."
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    They need 500 people to become Founders and the Archer class will be unlocked once it goes live....dang this open beta gonna last for yearrsss
  • Options
    kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson is already playing the Archer Ranger. u Jelly?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Did he buy a mount and companion from the Zen shop?!