test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Review and Search system is a fail.

brakkish1brakkish1 Member, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Nothing constructive to add that others haven't said many, many other times.

Devs, dig up the countless old threads on this - as I've grown too weary to write up another elaborate post only to watch it disappear faster than it took to write it.

If there's one single thing I'll need to add to get this post back on the topic then it's:

Add the ability to set your UGC into a category, and let users search by category. Examples would be: Story, Action, Lore, Other, Junk, Waste of Space, etc.

Specific tabs for each would be even better.

And while I'm at it again; what's the point of some of the current tabs? Useless in my opinion when you can select "New" and bring up quests that have 14k reviews and 20k+ plays. How are these "new"?? Honestly.

And the point of redundancy with "featured". Do we really need to see "featured" quests mixed with the "Best". Why then even have a separate tab for "Featured".

I've already posted more than need be said about this. It's been said time and time again, in many other threads, by many other authors.

At least it's good therapy for me to at least get on the soap box for a little bit. I feel better now. Feel free to ignore this post along with the others now. Thank you. ;)
Post edited by brakkish1 on

Comments

• Options
    ashleydusenberyashleydusenbery Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Amen. Hear! Hear! Etc.
    Campaign: "At the End of the Cleft Rock" - NWS-DLV4Q9XLJ
    Ch. 1: "Driven to the Brink" - NW-DRYVJ3YMK

A Lighthearted Dungeon Crawl: "Axes for Everyone" - NW-DBA78LMOK
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You should run for president. Seriously.

I agree 120% with this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    nwaccount55nwaccount55 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I published a quest the other day and have yet to see it. Is there a delay, or is this part of the broken system overall? Are we blocked from running our own content live? I was to make sure it works as expected.
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I published a quest the other day and have yet to see it. Is there a delay, or is this part of the broken system overall? Are we blocked from running our own content live? I was to make sure it works as expected.
    Try searching by the shortcode.
  • Options
    boydzinjboydzinj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    boydzinj wrote: »
    Even though it is published... it may take a few ADDITIONAL days to queue into the foundry board. best way to search for it is the Foundry code... NX-74205 (or what ever the code is... and that is for the USS Defiant - FYI).

NCC-74656 is Voyager's registry.
  • Options
    lunchtimenowlunchtimenow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Maybe separate the published quests by:

- Available as Daily Quest
    - Featured/Spotlight
    - For Review
    - Testing Only

Could give the quest publisher a few button options before quest is published:

- Testing Only (this option would not list the map, but would allow for "live" testing and flag the map as "beta" or something)
    - Standard (For Review and Featured/Spotlight eligable)
    - Send to Cryptic (The ultimate finalize button. Because, when the map is done, it's done.)

Having a publish for testing only would eliminate a lot of false positive quests from appearing on the list.
    Y9KrNPv.jpg4MEPTcf.jpg
    NW-DSEGBOHCC & NW-DKSTDEHFF @lunchtimenow
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And to add to this:

The author can only choose a few tags that best fit the quest. Otherwise, everyone would just check them all so it gets more exposure.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    zovya wrote: »
    And to add to this:

The author can only choose a few tags that best fit the quest. Otherwise, everyone would just check them all so it gets more exposure.

Actually, I would imagine the author could only pick one... and the Featured/Spotlight is a Cryptic only option. However, each foundry should have tags to identify if its hack and slash, roleplay, campaign... comedy... etc...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'd have to agree, allowing to pick only one category. After all that would be +1 more than is currently available.
  • Options
    keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to see this feature. Hope someone up there's listenin'!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.
  • Options
    jordanneffjordanneff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And to add to this: The author can only choose a few tags that best fit the quest. Otherwise, everyone would just check them all so it gets more exposure.

Just having it so they could pick, say two of a total of 6 categories, listing one as the main category and one as a secondary. Basically like "what describes your quest best" and also "what other major part would people enjoy?"

So maybe your overall quest is one big puzzle but you have a lot of story behind it. Check "Puzzle" as number one and "Story" as number two. That way if someone wants to go into a combat quest that also has a decent bit of puzzles or story to it they can click scroll down and just look at like two icons and be like "oh there's a sword icon and a book icon, that's what kind I want to play!"
  • Options
    watever2watever2 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try searching by the shortcode.
    Great advise, except there is no search option in the Review section, or are you playing a different version to me?
  • Options
    badbotlimitbadbotlimit Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 175 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    I know there are some threads about the need for search improvements but I wanted to let you know that we actively working on them.

We are currently working on improvements to the catalog search that include some pretty cool advanced search options. We are also working on a tag system to help folks find quests that match their interests. The thing is, the changes have to be done at the same time and take the future into account. The old search was not built to handle what we want it to do. It may be only a slight consolation but we are working on it and hope to get it out to you soon.

In the meantime we are considering relaxing the categories in the catalog to allow for needs review and new to show up in the best tab. It will make it easier to find a quest but not solve all the issues with searching.

Hang in there!
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the meantime, expand the best tab to show a just a few more quests. I know you don't want that tab to be laggy, but it's been the same quests there for a while. People looking for new quests (that are also highly rated) can scroll down for a few more options.
  • Options
    iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh really? Since close beta we been asking you to do something on Great Weapon Fighter and GF they are useless class its completely garbage!! Did you guys ever visit the the Barracks furom or you just ignoring us. People crying out there and there about to quit this game. We were always expecting every update but i think it will never come. We were getting tired of this just take our money and your welcome for that!!
  • Options
    iy0tiy0t Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I know there are some threads about the need for search improvements but I wanted to let you know that we actively working on them.

We are currently working on improvements to the catalog search that include some pretty cool advanced search options. We are also working on a tag system to help folks find quests that match their interests. The thing is, the changes have to be done at the same time and take the future into account. The old search was not built to handle what we want it to do. It may be only a slight consolation but we are working on it and hope to get it out to you soon.

In the meantime we are considering relaxing the categories in the catalog to allow for needs review and new to show up in the best tab. It will make it easier to find a quest but not solve all the issues with searching.

Hang in there!

Oh really? Since close beta we been asking you to do something on Great Weapon Fighter and GF its a useless class completely garbage!! Did you guys ever visit the Barracks Furom or you just ignoring us. People crying out there and there about to quit this game. Every update we were expecting some hope but i think it will never come. Just take our money and you very welcome for that!!!!
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In the meantime, expand the best tab to show a just a few more quests. I know you don't want that tab to be laggy, but it's been the same quests there for a while. People looking for new quests (that are also highly rated) can scroll down for a few more options.

Or a random button maybe so we can search 20, then click random and search another 20. But yeah, the lagged out 'for review' is not playable as it is.
  • Options
    slapthathogslapthathog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Right, your dungeon won't appear in search until it has been reviewed 5 times - UNLESS YOU USE THE SHORT CODE. Yes the review tab is a laggy nightmare, so don't use it! Simply copy and paste your Short Code into the searh box and there's your dungeon. If you look at all the trade review threads you quickly see that everyone is using the short codes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Nobody loves me but my mother, and she could be jiving too!"

Dungeon: Power of the Loc-Nar
    Author: @Merryblues
    Short Code: NW-DCPWC4FTI
    Average Duration: 23 min
    Forum Link: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?282392-Power-of-the-Loc-Nar
  • Options
    soulgreaversoulgreaver Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    We seriously need more filtering options. Why the hell can't you filter/search for campaigns specifically? They're already recognized, and quests are recognized as belonging to a campaign.
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why cant you search for SOLO, GROUP, no platform games, no zerg, 15-20mins, over 45mins, Daily eligible, campaign etc...
    Why does the search show nit just UI language missions in some tabs?
    Why doesn't the search show the number of abandons as well as completions?

Why cant a mission that was a daily when you accepted it reward for completion...
    Why is there no scaling for 10K+ gearscore (a lot harder than 60 version)

Why doesn't PWE employ anyone that can do data entry & retrieval tasks?