test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug with Gateway error message pasted in

talroltalrol Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Before the update I had no problem logging into the gateway now I just get a black screen and an icon stating that the website loaded but with errors here is a copy of the error report:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; InfoPath.2; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Fri, 17 May 2013 16:24:15 UTC

Line: 1
Char: 300711
Code: 0
URI: http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/js/client.js

Line: 103
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
Post edited by talrol on

Comments

• tarmalentarmalen Member Posts: 1,020 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Since the patch the gateway now has at least two errors that make it useless for me in the current state.

Character selection now has them stacked on top of each other instead of listing them top to bottom.

When you do manage to select a character there is no right menu for professions or mail etc...

I would give you screen shots but I do not have a place to upload the files in order to link to said files to show said image.....

If only I could just cut and paste.....

EDIT: I was using Firefox. I switched back to IE and registered the browser. It works fine in IE.

Firefox was working just fine 10 minutes before the patch...since then....not so much.
  • snowchantsnowchant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tarmalen wrote: »
    Since the patch the gateway now has at least two errors that make it useless for me in the current state.

Character selection now has them stacked on top of each other instead of listing them top to bottom.

When you do manage to select a character there is no right menu for professions or mail etc...

I would give you screen shots but I do not have a place to upload the files in order to link to said files to show said image.....

If only I could just cut and paste.....

EDIT: I was using Firefox. I switched back to IE and registered the browser. It works fine in IE.

Firefox was working just fine 10 minutes before the patch...since then....not so much.

It is broken in chrome as well. I try to avoid using IE at all cost as the security holes in it are too dangerous.
  • talroltalrol Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ok, I've attempted to delete all offline content, cleared cache, deleted all cookies, all internet history etc... and I still receive the same error.

Just prior to the update today I had absolutely no problems logging into the gateway and seeing my characters and using them, since the update I only get the error posted in the original post.
  • totalosertotaloser Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have yet to get into anything but the load screen!
    edited May 2013
    I can login but after login I get that error and a black screen, no headers, no footers, nothing. It's as if the entire page is being created by a script that errors out before it can draw anything on the screen at all other than the bgcolor.
    edited May 2013
    Alright, just got home and used the gateway and it works just fine from home, appears to only be happening on my work computer (browser information for the computer I get an error on is posted in the OP.)

Just trying to provide as much information on the error as I can so that hopefully it can be addressed.
    edited May 2013
    Just wanted to give another update on this, I created a new account and character yesterday got it to level 10 and got through a few levels of leadership to see if I could use that account from my work computer, still no luck. After some research I've come to the conclusion that whatever changes were made to the gateway browser javascript no longer work with my IE browser at work, after checking javascript settings and testing other javascript applications everything was fine and other applications worked brilliantly still.

After several hours of trying to figure out why I can access this at home but not from work (again I had no problem with access prior to the update) I decided to try a portable browser and downloaded Firefox portable, I am now able to access the gateway flawlessly from work using that. I assume the problem has something to do with IE 8 and since my company will not upgrade us to a newer version this will be the best work around.
  • posniewskiposniewski Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    (deleted, redundant)
  • crypticpozcrypticpoz Cryptic Developers Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the reports, we're looking into this right away.
  • mrstinkyweaslemrstinkyweasle Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Exactly the same problem for me as the OP, and only started very recently.

Issue exists for me in IE8 (Blank Screen) after entering username and password, and in Firefox 21.0 (no black screen but the login page just seems to reload).