test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People afking in Arena still.

kevbazzzkevbazzz Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Doesnt help trying to patch an afk detector when people can just put on 'auto run' and face the rear wall/corner.

-.-
Post edited by kevbazzz on

Comments

• Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Genius!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    bump bump -.-
  • Options
    l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    I wait till the very end of the match and boot them. Leader can boot from party... That way they waste the time and get no credit
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • Options
    jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah. I do not know what determines leadership for a group, but I almost always get it. I report anyone I see afk and then I wait until there are about 5 secs in the match left before I kick them. May as well make them waste as much time as possible.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • Options
    theenigma7theenigma7 Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Its ok guys this recent patch fixed... the gateway! So now you can log in to the inter webs to update your crafting on the broken/bug/exploit filled game!
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevbazzz wrote: »
    Doesnt help trying to patch an afk detector when people can just put on 'auto run' and face the rear wall/corner.

Now I ask you. Developers, gentle souls who have placed your egos in harms way, do you still think I have too swift to judge your work? Do you still think I am too harsh a critic? Or when I say that you have steadfastly and continuously failed to ask even the most basic questions about how to provide a decent experience for the players, does it seem now a just statement? Is there even the slightest embarrassment in having ones coding demolished by the very next thing conceived by some distracted youth?

Let’s try this again ladies and gents, and this time lets think about it first. Perhaps the good people of this very thread would be so kind as to offer ways to beat the afk detector, so we don’t miss any other entirely simple outs. Or perhaps there is a plan B brewing over there in the dark recesses of the hive.

Round 2!
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    theenigma7 wrote: »
    Its ok guys this recent patch fixed... the gateway! So now you can log in to the inter webs to update your crafting on the broken/bug/exploit filled game!

there is noone holding a gun to your head to post or continue to play...
  • Options
    the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    this is kind of a problem for them in every game, they are working on it tho even in other titles like STO. People are able to just let others do the work and get credits. They are working on ways of cutting off those credits if people just stand there while the matches are complete, it's complicated but they'll succeed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Don't like my opinion? To bad then shut up and skip my posts.

I have the freedom to express my opinions and do what I please, and I will continue to do so, so that 3rd partys possibly reading these forums for opinions on the game can get arguments from both sides of the coin.
  • Options
    maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    there is noone holding a gun to your head to post or continue to play...
    You realize that most people that "whine" about this game do so because they LIKE it.
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    maho4200 wrote: »
    You realize that most people that "whine" about this game do so because they LIKE it.

What?! Unsatisfied consumers can be listened to to have positive things done regarding a product?

I thought the only thing to do was either be completely silent in outrage or throw blind adoration!

Sarcasm off. Finally some one understands.
  • Options
    tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is kind of a problem for them in every game

Yep. Some of the bots for games like WoW have gotten really sophisticated, they follow random people around if they are healers, if not they have certain behaviors that mimic average players. Watching them, you'd just assume they aren't great pvpers. Some even have scripted things to say.

People will always find ways to exploit, all devs can do is try and stem the tide.
  • Options
    cautionfcautionf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    win = more points
  • Options
    usagi2697usagi2697 Member Posts: 61
    edited May 2013
    auto-detector afkers: you are disconnected during screen loading (mostly because patching on demand, server is not responsive) => you are a afker, I'll kick you as soon as you are logged back :)
  • Options
    jbrewergamerjbrewergamer Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kevbazzz wrote: »

-.-

Yea I see people spamming in the zone chat "forming group for losing pvp, fast xp!!! pst." all the time. Bit ridiculous imo.
  • Options
    dourhelmdourhelm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't like my opinion? To bad then shut up and skip my posts.

I have the freedom to express my opinions and do what I please, and I will continue to do so, so that 3rd partys possibly reading these forums for opinions on the game can get arguments from both sides of the coin.

If you have the right to post your thoughts, I daresay so does he. Hypocrite much?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Being leader doesnt mean anything, if your leader is the one AFKing, you should have a vote system so it requires 3/5 or 4/5 people to pass the vote. Atleast that way if they have friends refusing to kick them, you can report them all for griefing the game and giving you an intentional loss cause they want quick easy exp. 'AFK detection' due to movement is exploited like I stated in my OP.
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i fine its best to form a group before the pvp. more fun this way. if the other team is afk its a simple matter of reporting. after the patch i notice less afk players in the level 60 pvp matches then before when people where trying to farm glory.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    bman1978bman1978 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    i am not sure what your opinion is but i most likely don't agree with it. feel free to skip over this post if you get your feelings hurt.
    valor.png
    Moonshadow Drow Cleric, Mr. Pickles Human Control Wizard, Ogre Hafling Guardian Fighter
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    now that i think about it if you can take away how easy it is to get the awards that will get rid of most afk players.
    valor.png
    On Dragon Shard @bman78
  • Options
    kloonikekloonike Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    usagi2697 wrote: »
    auto-detector afkers: you are disconnected during screen loading (mostly because patching on demand, server is not responsive) => you are a afker, I'll kick you as soon as you are logged back :)

Happened to me today! I queued again and wasn't TP-d to the arena next time. What a load of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • Options
    imivoimivo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,682 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Its ok guys this recent patch fixed... the gateway!

Which made me a lot happier than any PvP fixes could have, because I actually use the gateway and those changes were awesome. :)

PvP is a complete mess and a gib fest at the moment, and to me it is understandable why people go AFK when it's yet another completely imbalanced match. I do that too when I end up on a team that runs around as one big group or fights brainlessly somewhere on the way, making no attempt to actually win. I like a good match, but if one can't be had, I just stay for the daily. I don't afk, I just stop to participate and ride around on the map. I usually have the crown, but don't really kick people in PvP unless they are in the Enclave. Or if they whine and moan or get verbally abusive.
    Unsure about skills and feats? Check the Master List of Class Builds!
  • Options
    drennasdrennas Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was marked afk because the **** patcher in between zones took so long to finish. Before I was done, i was already marked idle and booted. -_-
  • Options
    morningtide13morningtide13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    drennas wrote: »
    I was marked afk because the **** patcher in between zones took so long to finish. Before I was done, i was already marked idle and booted. -_-

Same issue for me trying to queue for PVP today. I hope no one reported me due to the stupid patcher issues. :\
  • Options
    kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yep, the patcher is going so slowly today that I am having trouble even getting the daily PvP quest done.