test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

120 levels my thoughts

genymenegenymene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
1. Runestones need their own inventory tab like profession ingredients.

2. Far too often all the loot I get while leveling is above my level range by 2 or 3 which is very frustrating.

3. PVP needs some sort of ladder or ranking system

4. Fix the pathing in Mt. Hotenow for the love of god.

5. Professions make me want to slit my wrists.

Thats all I can think of for now, Neverwinter has one thing going for it and that is its combat system which I really love and I think is pretty unique. The rest of the game seems to be in a state of disarray, I hope things continue to improve.
Post edited by genymene on

Comments

• feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    It's the first week or two, and it is still in beta.

You can always return later :)
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    genymene wrote: »

2. Far too often all the loot I get while leveling is above my level range by 2 or 3 which is very frustrating.

Thats all I can think of for now, Neverwinter has one thing going for it and that is its combat system which I really love and I think is pretty unique. The rest of the game seems to be in a state of disarray, I hope things continue to improve.

first time I've seen the idea for the enhancements and runestones having their own inventory tab and I think that's a brilliant idea!
  • genymenegenymene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    feargx wrote: »

I'm not leaving, I like the game.
  • neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Separate inventory for runestones, agree thats a great idea.
  • plexs7plexs7 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    feargx wrote: »

When you can use your RL money then it is no longer open beta, don't be fooled.
  • kartosathentia1kartosathentia1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    plexs7 wrote: »
    All Open Betas you can use RL money...
  • muceasmuceas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Runestones are 60% of my inventory. During longer instances with lots of crappy loot I have to discard all the runestones level 1 and 2 just to keep the items that bring me more silver. Should runestones have their own inventory tab? Absolutely YES!
  • judgemonroejudgemonroe Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2013

People keep saying this like it's some Great Truth. Well, congratulations on repeating a meme, but tell me, what is it you think that means?
  • zefsgrzefsgr Member Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Agree that this has to be done for runestones, great suggestion.
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

LOL. You do understand that PWE is trying to sell bags for $10 a pop, yes? In other words, never gonna happen. Inventory pressure will stay.

Of all the things in life that could be frustrating… I don't wanna know what kind of sad life you have if that frustrates you.

Don't let me stop you…
  • lhyeuzelhyeuze Member Posts: 71
    edited May 2013
    All Open Betas you can use RL money...

Then there is no real OPEN BETA anymore, no wipe = no beta
  • unknown1456unknown1456 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yeah they seriously need to do something about the runestones/enchants I mean theres what 8 different ones with 7 ranks each? That 56 different ones you can have which would eat up most of your space if not all, if you didn't spend money for more bank slots or another bag.
  • fractur3d20fractur3d20 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Not gonna happen. This is PWE's main way of pissing you off enough to buy bags.
  • elyrielleelyrielle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What I've started doing with the levelling issue is make sure I'm at the same level as the quests I have in my log. This means doing some foundry/skirmishes/whatever but it makes for a smoother levelling/gearing experience.
  • l3uck3tl3uck3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    LOL. You do understand that PWE is trying to sell bags for $10 a pop, yes? In other words, never gonna happen. Inventory pressure will stay.

Of all the things in life that could be frustrating… I don't wanna know what kind of sad life you have if that frustrates you.

Don't let me stop you…

You have issues
    ReignesLegacy_zpsb47e1102.png
  • qaeroqaero Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    muceas wrote: »
    Runestones are 60% of my inventory. During longer instances with lots of crappy loot I have to discard all the runestones level 1 and 2 just to keep the items that bring me more silver. Should runestones have their own inventory tab? Absolutely YES!

Don't discard level 1 and 2 runestones, right click and fuse 4 of them into a higher level runestone.
  • roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have 2 of those blue bags just for all of the enchants.
    so ya they need a separate tab like crafting mats because you get so many over the course of the game.
  • lilura138lilura138 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I like this idea a lot.

That is something I noticed and not sure if its intentional or something that needs tweaked.

I also like this idea. This way you are grouped with similar ranked players and not getting facerolled all the time.

Agreed.

Not quite sure what you mean? Its pretty straight forward. Are you upset not more options?
  • uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    If enchantments had their own tab it would be great.

You can always mail stuff to yourself. I use this as extra storage.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • jorealjoreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Don't be fooled by what? That the game can and will change. Just because you can spend money on it doesn't mean they are trying to fool you. It is nothing more than a warning label that says that things can and will change. You could say the same thing about release, but the difference is whether gaming sites review your product. Whether you are actively advertising it.

Not sure why people are having such a problem with them using the term open beta and not wiping at the end of it all. Beta is the status of code, not a state of existence.
  • smartdogssmartdogs Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is not a "beta"
  • genymenegenymene Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lilura138 wrote: »
    I like this idea a lot.

That is something I noticed and not sure if its intentional or something that needs tweaked.

I also like this idea. This way you are grouped with similar ranked players and not getting facerolled all the time.

Agreed.

Not quite sure what you mean? Its pretty straight forward. Are you upset not more options?

I mean the professions are just boring and tedious, they are like that in most games I guess.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    2) its based on the mobs your killing , obviously your killing stuff higher then you .
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Eh, they are the only reason you really need more than the bags you get from questing, if they got their own tab, there would be fewer bag sales.

Better than lower level loot really

Top 100 spots rogues. yay. Maybe if pvp was more than a side thing to do, but as it is, it would be pointelss. Plus, there are tons of games with those.

Yeah, that pathing is borked, but a dev said it was going off of a previous version of the zone, along with the map, so it was impossible to follow or something to that effect. So it will get fixed i'm sure.

Really? I could see thinking they are boring, but slit your wrists? Click things, get free stuff basically.
  • daiquiri0daiquiri0 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure. Let's do that, ok.
  • kinada350kinada350 Member Posts: 47
    edited May 2013

For 1 and 5, you are intended to pay real money for those and are built to encourage you to do so rather than to be fun or convenient.

2. The leveling curve is fine you are just skipping dungeons, skrimishes, pvp and foundry is my guess.