test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Class Specific Need Rolls

alchemydevilalchemydevil Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am frustrated because everyone can NEED roll on EVERYTHING. This system is NOT fair and has no place in a mainstream mmorpg. A Cleric should not be able to roll NEED on a Rogue's dagger, a Control Wizard should not be able to roll NEED on Plate Armor etc... this system is unfair and is already being exploited by players dual boxing with different classes to gain gear.

Perfect World will not change this system unless we the community make a fuss about it... so let's begin here...

All those in favor of changing this ridiculous system please post your frustrations in this thread, and maybe, just maybe we can convince PW to make the loot system fair.
Post edited by alchemydevil on

Comments

• lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • f3ral0nef3ral0ne Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    I'm sure they have something in the works. They are listening to us. Some awesome fixes commin these past few days.
  • necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There's been multiple threads on this but I think in one of them someone said they were looking into improving the loot system
  • killadelphzkilladelphz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    absolutely the worst system i've ever dealt with. It happens way too often. Not only is the community absolutely terrible and full of teenage WoW players, but the fact that they actually give the option for them to be greedy and roll need on anything and everything. I actually had to log off and stop playing because i was so pissed off that a rare 1 handed sword was taken from me by a control wizard when i was the only person in the group that could use it. If this isnt fixed soon i truly dont know how long i can play this game. This issue occurs EVERY DAY and im sure its alot more common than even I can see.
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Mainstream mmo? Really? Mainstream? I must've read that wrong...

What PWE game is "Mainstream"?. Majority of their games are pretty much unheard of. They just scored lucky with a couple of companies who wanted to find a good publisher, but no one wanted their sh_tty games, so, they had to settle with a money-sink of a company.

Bad decision for Cryptic to allow being bought out by PWE, they're probably seeing like %15 profits from Neverwinter, and the rest is going right into the pockets of a greedy publisher.

Or, that's what I read anyways.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You mean the exact same system that existed in THE mainstream MMO for nearly 8 years has no place in a mainstream MMO?
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Current system where everyone can roll NEED for everything is like invitation to greedy and unsocial behaviours. It is so unfair and so easy to fix I'm very impressed it wasn't dealt with already.

Bind on equip mechanic (easy to sell items) + free NEED on everything = lots of drama.

EDIT: The only good side of the current system is that all greedy sobs are easily recognizable so we can add them to our blacklist and never run with them again.
  • jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2013
    The current "state of the art" in MMOs is to only allow classes that can use an item to roll "need". This has become common - it can't be that hard to implement.
  • voodoogrovesvoodoogroves Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    And see, I think they should remove class-restricted gear. I want my cleric to have a shield, and my wizard to carry a weapon.
  • aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm a cleric and after about three times telling people "Don't roll on cleric only or I'm bailing on the group" I give one final warning. Then I leave if no-one listens. I've pissed off a lot of groups that way, but... Teach some people some manners.
  • ronniesavronniesav Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Consolidate into one post, a dev has already responded to this so at least they are paying attention to the thread and issue.

http://bit.ly/12GZuXi
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As someone who avoids dice , because somehow I used up all my luck and the dice gods hate me . I like the system the way it is . I can buy the pieces I want of the auction house . I have played SWtOR since pre-launch and still don't get gear . Every time the rest of the guild gets a full set they invite some new agent into the guild to beat me in loot rolls . Shure the guild makes fun of ' Lab dice ' , but they still roll against me for items . I have more gear in this game already and I'm not even level 60 yet .
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, once again showing that players don't have a good handle on the concept of fairness...
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    You mean the exact same system that existed in THE mainstream MMO for nearly 8 years has no place in a mainstream MMO?

Just like stone tools existed for thousands of years, we should probably re-implement those too...

Your logic is astounding, I'm guessing you also pound puzzle pieces together to make them fit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
  • sinistrad1sinistrad1 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And see, I think they should remove class-restricted gear. I want my cleric to have a shield, and my wizard to carry a weapon.
    go play d3 lol^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would contend that rolling need on everything is the ONLY system that’s fair. Everyone has exactly the same chance to get any given item.

The loot distribution is not so good, you will get loot for other classes as much as you will get loot for your own. But given what you have to work with here, need on everything is the only fair way to run that show.

And it doesn’t mean you have to be unsociable or a jerk. You are free to trade or give away anything. None of the loot is Bind on Pickup so you can juggle it away however you like.

But if you don’t roll need, you are choosing to pass.
  • solyad1solyad1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The biggest issue with the loot system is having to use those damned ID scrolls to figure out wtf the item is. If the item was already ID-ed, people might not be so quick with the need button. It might also make it simpler for PW to implement a "need before greed" system. Then again, the game "knows" what the item is when it is generated so PW should be able to do implement it now.
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    eidama wrote: »
    Just like stone tools existed for thousands of years, we should probably re-implement those too...

Your logic is astounding, I'm guessing you also pound puzzle pieces together to make them fit.

Nope, just pointing out that this is the standard for most MMOs and that we at least have a choice of need or greed.

Try playing FFXI in a team where you don't get a choice on what to roll and a 5 min waiting time for items to be rolled on.
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's not exactly fair that I have to reroll a cleric as a GWF

So don't get mad when my cleric rolls on GWF gear because it's the only way I could get the chance.
  • eidamaeidama Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Nope, just pointing out that this is the standard for most MMOs and that we at least have a choice of need or greed.

Try playing FFXI in a team where you don't get a choice on what to roll and a 5 min waiting time for items to be rolled on.

Your post that I originally replied to:

According to you it's an 8yr old system & THE mainstream one to boot.

Does that make it bad? Not necessarily.

Does that make it redundant? Probably, considering all the MMO's that do use it or have used it for that last 8yrs. This also doesn't automatically make it the best system, or the worst...just the most used. The same complaints with this system have been stated an untold number of times in the last 8yrs.

IMHO, the OP is posting a valid concern with the loot system in this game concerning loot rolls. I agree with the suggestion to allow rolls for loot based in class. If you're a TR, you can roll on TR gear & the same for any other class. You want GWF gear? Run your GWF. CW gear? Run your CW. Simple & alleviates the "NEED" rolling by so many players on every piece of gear dropped no matter if they can use it or not.

I would be OK with giving the class first roll, and if they all pass...anyone else gets to roll rather than it being discarded. For example: 2 TR's roll on the dropped TR gear & both pass, the other 3 members now can roll on the gear (without the TR's because they already passed...can't roll twice).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

> http://mopp4.net/ <
  • killadelphzkilladelphz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Are you serious? That is exactly why Diablo3 failed. it would be stupid to allow every class to wear whatever they wanted. As a wizard, you dont need to be meleeing anything with a weapon.
  • eycezeycez Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I only need on items I can use but the fairest thing for everyone would be for everyone to need on everything.

So you are the only fighter in the group and a 1 mil fighter weapon drops. Why is that 1 mil more yours than theirs? It is a courtesy to let you have it. They could sell it and buy a class item for themselves.

Now with BoP it makes sense that you should only need on items you can use since there is little to no benefit to others getting the item but massive benefit to you.
    Are you serious? That is exactly why Diablo3 failed. it would be stupid to allow every class to wear whatever they wanted. As a wizard, you dont need to be meleeing anything with a weapon.

This has absolutely nothing to do with why D3 failed. There were very many reasons but this is not one.