test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the better feat

shaggy73shaggy73 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
The Heroic feat tree is pretty straight forward for me except towards the end where you must choose between Disciple of strength (6% bonus from strength) vs Improved Cunning sneak (Increased 20% stealth duration) I am specced into the executioner tree and focus mainly on pvp I run 24 dex 22 strength so I have quite a bit of strength. From a pvp perspective which do you guys think is more beneficial to me? how much does 20% stealth duration and 6% strength bonus really do for me??

just hit 60 and am new to rogue so any rogue wisdom is appreciated thanks :D
Post edited by shaggy73 on

Comments

• kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    For pvp i think 20% more stealth is mandatory.

rerolling my third rogue at the moment (lev52) and i didnt choose the stealth feat this time and i realy miss it.
    i think im going to respec sometimes to get 20% more stealth even for pve. or 10% at least to be able to use flurry + lashing in one stealth period.
  • solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    5 points in cunning sneak gets you 1 seconds of extra stealth per bar. 3 points in Disciple of strength gets you a flat 6% damage buff.

Also you can do flurry + lashing in one stealth even with 0 points into cunning sneak.
  • thelgowthelgow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    solsol1337 wrote: »
    5 points in cunning sneak gets you 1 seconds of extra stealth per bar. 3 points in Disciple of strength gets you a flat 6% damage buff.

Also you can do flurry + lashing in one stealth even with 0 points into cunning sneak.
    I thought it was shown that Disciple of Strength is 6% of your str bonus. So 22 str, thats +12 str bonus.
    6% of 12 , 72% or some thing like that.
  • kashimaa1kashimaa1 Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2013
    its more than one second for sure. feels more like 2 seconds. maybe a rounding issue.
    and yes, you can but not if you take damage. its 50/50 and not reliable. you should know that?!

with the pvp set you would have 40% more stealth, good for catching up with enemys as long as you take the speed in stealth feat.

do what you want, this is my expierience.
  • solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Disciple of strength is not 6% of your strength bonus like it reads. It is in fact just a 6% damage bonus. It's the same as +6 strength. 6% of 12% would be 0.72%.
  • papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kashimaa1 wrote: »
    its more than one second for sure. feels more like 2 seconds. maybe a rounding issue.
    and yes, you can but not if you take damage. its 50/50 and not reliable. you should know that?!

with the pvp set you would have 40% more stealth, good for catching up with enemys as long as you take the speed in stealth feat.

do what you want, this is my expierience.
    When the stealth bar is full it doesn't drop. 2 wind up hits before flurry and stealth then, easily enough time for an encounter to use..
  • shaggy73shaggy73 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for answers I can usually get off a lashing stike/flurry combo considering i have the pvp set stealth bouness so the 6% damage seems better especially when added to the crit severity from executioner tree