test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why servers is offline?

whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
It says that they should be back in 16-00 utc, but there is already 18-13 in utc+2 zone, so... what's wrong?
Post edited by whisperofthemoon on

Comments

• pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    because downtime estimates are always estimates. And cryptic are never early.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It says that they should be back in 16-00 utc, but there is already 18-13 in utc+2 zone, so... what's wrong?

You aren't in UTC+2, that's what's wrong.

Current UTC time: 15:16
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, 7am Pacific would be 10am Eastern.... and right now where I'm sitting, it's 11:15am Eastern. Which means that it's only 1.25 hours into the estimated 2hr maintenance. /shrug
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so... what's wrong?

Your math.
  • flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    PST right now is 8:17, servers aren't supposed to be up until 9.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hqdefault.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    42 more minutes ... BTW the patch is available .
  • godessevengodesseven Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited May 2013
    Actually we still have 41 minutes left till 9am PST. Just hold your horses and the server will come back up.

Patience is a great thing to have sometimes :)
  • l1d3nl1d3n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 385 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    You are using a COMPUTER! It tells you what time it is in different time zones... no thinking involved! It even tells you what date it is! WOW! Go COMPUTERS!
  • ageoffan123ageoffan123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 36
    edited May 2013
    Do people in this country know how to calculate timezones at all?
  • yospeckyospeck Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    And cryptic are never early.

Cryptic are never early Pressexpose1, nor are they late, they arrive precisely when they mean to.
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do people in this country know how to calculate timezones at all?

Nope , its why I moved to California ...so I wouldn't have to convert .
  • whisperofthemoonwhisperofthemoon Member Posts: 105 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    elessym wrote: »
    You aren't in UTC+2, that's what's wrong.

Current UTC time: 15:16

Try to make (UTC+02:00) Kiev, Riga, Sophia, Helsinki etc time on your pc, and synchronize your time with windows.com.
  • zentucknorzentucknor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I hope they have a daily downtime. My MMO experience has shown that daily server maintenance results in servers that have run smoother than over MMOs that only do maintenance when they desperately need it.
    Ever ask a halfling to watch over your stuff while you visit the privy? Was it there when you returned?
    Friar Kalien of Torm
    10.jpg
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Try to make (UTC+02:00) Kiev, Riga, Sophia, Helsinki etc time on your pc, and synchronize your time with windows.com.

Or… just use your brain?
  • bluntblowing420bluntblowing420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yay! only half an hour to go! xD
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    zentucknor wrote: »
    Personally I hope they have a daily downtime. My MMO experience has shown that daily server maintenance results in servers that have run smoother than over MMOs that only do maintenance when they desperately need it.

They've been doing maintenance 4-5 days a week so far bro. Doesn't exactly look like they have a problem shutting down the servers when they have something to fix, now does it?
  • elessymelessym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No thanks.

Try this:

https://www.google.com/search?q=current+utc+time&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:IE-Address&ie=&oe=
    "Participation in PVP-related activities is so low on an hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly basis that we could in fact just completely take it out of STO and it would not impact the overall number of people [who] log in to the game and play in any significant way." -Gozer, Cryptic PvP Dev
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Do you know what daylight saving time/summer time is? They are currently at UTC+3.
  • wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    calamintha wrote: »
    Your math.

Laughed at this, thanks!
  • errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    And cryptic are never early.

The account server went down 15 min to early today.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Servers are up. Maintenance is completed!

Thread Closed :D
This discussion has been closed.