test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I got tired......

gravethoughtgravethought Member Posts: 31
edited May 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Of people wanting a cleric while trying to farm my t2 offhand, so I man-moded epic pirates lair. Got my offhand and the neck i wanted. Anyone else had any success soloing instances with decoy and shadow strike? I wasn't built for it either so I'm wondering how viable a pure perma stealth build with a ton of recovery would work.

Is is this something we shouldn't talk about.......

Update with video proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hobNr4zPMkE&feature=youtu.be
Post edited by gravethought on

Comments

• papi032papi032 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't see it happening.. 3 elite mobs, and you can't dish out enough damage to compensate. The 100% stealth build is not a 100%, and 2 hits from those 3 elites = dead you
  • braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I solo'd the Cloak Tower at level 17/18 but I went through like fifty health potions and a resurrection scroll (against the final boss) and still had to do a LOT of running around. And that was with the advantage of Hero of the North starter gear, which was WAY better than anything I should have had at that level, including the panther pet I'd been leveling since I got him around level 5/7.

I stuck my nose in the Icespire mountains dungeon when I was level 60, but the first spawn of, I think they were level 49 foes nearly killed me. Granted, I DID survive, but they were entry-way trash foes --- no way I'd have lasted deeper in.

Which is fine - group content is group content. I just wish they had a ~version~ of the dungeon I could run with reduced or entirely eliminated rewards. Just to see it (I hate PUGS).
  • solsol1337solsol1337 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 241 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I know a guy who stacks recovery, intelligence, and all the available stealth bonuses and has soloed most T1 dungeons (or claims to have). So this is potientially doable. It probably isn't easy, but it is possible.

I also leveled using a build like this and if you have enough ap regeneration you can definately stay in stealth 100% of the time.
  • gravethoughtgravethought Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    papi032 wrote: »
    I don't see it happening.. 3 elite mobs, and you can't dish out enough damage to compensate. The 100% stealth build is not a 100%, and 2 hits from those 3 elites = dead you

The basic rotation was stealth, flurry, bat and switch, flurry some more, shadow strike flurry then lurkers and start the whole thing over again. I couldn't always keep it up but when I knew I was coming out of stealth I would get a good distance so I could smoke bomb-> shadow strike back into stealth. The hard hitting mobs would run all the way over to me then just stand there in smoke bomb buying me seconds. This was key when killing the pirate lord, as his ship is extremely wide offering alot of space. I had to potion for the arrows hitting me from time to time though. My comp isn't very good but I'll see if I can handle making some short fraps demonstrating.

Oh yea and you pretty much have to die after killing any of the bosses, since he spawns like 20 billion adds that you would much rather despawn than kill.
  • timothykenrocktimothykenrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I for one would love to see how this is done as well.
    edited May 2013
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Epic sir. Can you please give a few pointers on your build?
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
    edited May 2013
    My "Build" is a joke and far from optimized. I kinda refuse to pay the outrageous price for a respec though (Even though i have the AD to buy a respec token through buying zen). Basically if I wanted to go full on with this, I would have rolled a high int base and invested points in it, picked up all the AP and stealth bonuses (The only ones that matter in the paragon trees would be the more ap gen during stealth and cheaper dodge roll, I think action rush would be too unreliable.)

I wore the pvp set, have the 20% longer stealth feats, and dodge gives 10% of stealth bar, but that's all I have going for me. I didn't even take tactics for a power. Like I said far from optimized, my recovery is sub 700.
    edited May 2013
    Also, In b4 this gets plastered all over the general forums saying "NERF TR'S DEY CAN SOLO ZE BOZZES!!!"
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I have a similar build too (stealthy stealthy, sneaky sneaky) but there is more running around for me. Also, don't know whether its just me or what but did you use movement bonus equipment too?
    My "Build" is a joke and far from optimized
    inb4 somebody says, "SEE, EVEN JOKE BUILDS CAN SOLO BOSSES!!! NERF EM!!!"
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
    edited May 2013
    Just boots and a dark enchantment. I use Skillful infultrator for 15% base speed.
  • yabseyyabsey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    How do you enter the Dungeons solo in epic mode anyway?
    edited May 2013
    You either get friends to que you in or you join like normal, wait for the group to rage because a cleric isn't there, then eventually the group stops filling up and you go about your business.