test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please look up the Zen/AD exchange rates before trying to sell Zen shop items

lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I always facepalm when people try to sell greater bags of holding for 400,000 AD, and similar other offers..

EDIT: yeah typo. My bad.
Post edited by lyokira on

Comments

• Options
    braxzanabraxzana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Caveat Emptor.

I confess I made a boneheaded move - I paid like tens of thousands of AD to pull a rank 5 mod out of a weapon so I could put it in my new, shiny, better weapon... and then it occurred to me to check the auction house and sure enough there are a boatload of rank 5 mods for sale, starting around 1,000 AD or so, sometimes.

Definitely pays to pay attention and think before you buy ANYTHING.
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Iyokira 400,000 AD for greater bags was about right only a few days ago, you sure some of those are not still the same listings? Now they should be around 370-379k each.

The other thing is, your statement should say please look up exchange rates before you buy zen shop items, if the player could have gotten it cheaper by converting to zen and buying it themselves, well thats their own bonehead fault.

Another thing on top of that, you do realize 400k - listing fee - auction house cut you only get about 350k diamonds out of it so you are actually losing diamonds or maybe you missed that math section.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    feargxfeargx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 65
    edited May 2013
    If anything the 1m AD Mount is undervalue, considering the minimum epic quality mount for Zen is 3000.
    Profile name / Ingame handle: @FearGXxD
    Shard: Mindflayer
    Characters: Grim, Rune, Holy, Ruin - If the name isn't the @FearGXxD handle, it's not me! =)
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Guys, are you serious about the cost being 400,000 ZEN? I think you mean AD. Some players who aren't comfortable with the currencies yet may be seriously confused by this! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    he means AD, he just nerd rage typod
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Only the exploiters have 400,000 Zen. hehe
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Only the exploiters have 400,000 Zen. hehe

The truth....it burns!
  • Options
    deurkier1deurkier1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 70
    edited May 2013
    forumalter wrote: »
    The truth....it burns!

it doesn't burn they are happy as can be
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh your just jelly you didn't exploit it before they fixed it. I know I am (jokes)
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I want to add that the ADEx chances often enough but the 5 day bid only auctions however....
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    daschladaschla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 240 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I saw a fellow trying to sell a stone of allure for 1.5 million AD earlier. I would hate to think there are people out there who do not realize they can buy it for about 650-700k AD if they convert.
    Sister Vanity knows if you've been naughty or nice...and heals accordingly.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't forget keys ! 49,000 AD even with the auction house fees and a posting min of 35,000 is still just over 360 AD to zen exchange rate . Since AD to zen has been around 350 all week , why buy keys off the auction house ?
    Keys still listed at 55,000 AD ?
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The one that gets me is the guy who was advertising in chat, his "lower than the AH!" sale of.... a Jeweled Idol. ._.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    Don't forget keys ! 49,000 AD even with the auction house fees and a posting min of 35,000 is still just over 360 AD to zen exchange rate . Since AD to zen has been around 350 all week , why buy keys off the auction house ?
    Keys still listed at 55,000 AD ?

With the current exchange rate of approx 370 ad per zen, 125 zen yeilds 46,250AD, and you are complaining someone made 35k off a key...is your math wrong or whats up.
  • Options
    milan83bgfmilan83bgf Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    "Chinese farmers" and their baggz and stuffz xD
  • Options
    am0nr3xam0nr3x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Same advice can be given to the Developers.

~2.8 Million AD to upgrade one (1) character's mount to 110%.

At 500 AD/Zen, 2 Million AD to buy a 110% mount for all characters on your account.
  • Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the Bag of holes on the AH for 10kAD :)
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    With the current exchange rate of approx 370 ad per zen, 125 zen yeilds 46,250AD, and you are complaining someone made 35k off a key...is your math wrong or whats up.

Maybe I explained wrong . 35000 is the min placed on them so they don't get ninja'd if I forget them . Everyone else sells them for 55K I place them for 49K and still make enough to slowly keep adding 1 more to my listings. What server you on ? Mindflayer has been at 350 since Monday , heck I got some for 340 but that was a spike .
  • Options
    xdementiaxdementia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    am0nr3x wrote: »

At 500 AD/Zen, 2 Million AD to buy a 110% mount for all characters on your account.

So much this.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    What server you on ? Mindflayer has been at 350 since Monday , heck I got some for 340 but that was a spike .

Dragon's been low 360's for a few days, was a brief spike into the 350's yesterday.
  • Options
    fullmetalpopefullmetalpope Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    narathkor wrote: »
    Oh your just jelly you didn't exploit it before they fixed it. I know I am (jokes)

No, I am not jealous one bit. I have to much money invested into this game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    Dragon's been low 360's for a few days, was a brief spike into the 350's yesterday.

...and is up into the mid 370's this evening. Yeesh.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    am0nr3x wrote: »

To be fair, that's not really accurate..

1) Founder's pack isn't Zen or AD, meaning you can never get it without actually spending money, period.
    2) It's supposed to be a limited time offer.

(I assume you're referring to the founder's pack, are you?)