test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I wish the temporary celestial coins would hold over a little longer....

grobbebolgrobbebol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
...because twice now I had collected up to 4 of them and then forgot to log in for day (because another game "won" my attention that day) and found them reset to zero. :eek:

Mind you, I think the idea behind them is smart marketing and I like to see a bustling, filled server as much as anyone, but this feature also causes quit a bit of frustration. :) The 7-coin reward (the wards) is very usefull for someone who plans to fuse his own enchantments and runes together so the incentive is certainly there. But so far I have not been able to make a 7-day streak! To be honest, one of the streaks got broken because I simply forgot to do the invocation that day...

Anyone know of a way to make this somewhat less frustrating without undermining the premisse of the feature too much(log in everyday)?

Cheers!
Post edited by grobbebol on

Comments

• foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You get more than a day.

You get 1 day and i think its a 5 hour leeway for timezones.

Basically that timer starts from when you last pray, i think. So, pray at the latest time you can to give you the greatest leeway. (correct me if im wrong somebody)
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foxwater wrote: »
    So, pray at the latest time you can to give you the greatest leeway. (correct me if im wrong somebody)

No, you're right. Sometimes when I go to log off one of my alts (that I've mostly crafted on that day), it'll give a logout warning something like "You will lose your coins in 20hrs 13min". Cancel logout, invoke, and it doesn't say that when I logout again.
  • lanhelinlanhelin Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I lost all 6 coins, because I met some friends in town the seventh evening+night. The 24 hours + 5 hours limit is way too limited for people who can't/do not play every day, especially because the 29-hour-countdown starts, when you ever first did the invocation and there seems to be no reset, so it's an individual countdown. If you invoked the first day at 18.00, the next day you get the next coin only between 18.00 and 23.00 o'clock. This is way too limiting, imho.

If I'd go on a short travel on weekend or do some rl-social stuff, I get punished. I think it'd be fairer to lose only one coin instead of all, because you're able to get only one coin a day.
  • klaw10klaw10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Deleted /10char
    Sig_zpse9729709.png
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lanhelin wrote: »
    I lost all 6 coins, because I met some friends in town the seventh evening+night. The 24 hours + 5 hours limit is way too limited for people who can't/do not play every day, especially because the 29-hour-countdown starts, when you ever first did the invocation and there seems to be no reset, so it's an individual countdown. If you invoked the first day at 18.00, the next day you get the next coin only between 18.00 and 23.00 o'clock. This is way too limiting, imho.

If I'd go on a short travel on weekend or do some rl-social stuff, I get punished. I think it'd be fairer to lose only one coin instead of all, because you're able to get only one coin a day.
    I'm very fairly sure it does reset...
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited May 2013

But here's the thing. It's a daily login bonus. To get it you have to log in daily. For it to work otherwise would completely miss the point.
  • heroicdoseheroicdose Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Right and its only the celestial not the ardent. the Celestial stuff isnt all that big of a deal if you miss out a week. Its a bonus for those that CAN log in everyday, thats the point. Please people stop whining about every lil thing.
  • rictrasrictras Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Travel? Social stuff?

/shakes head sadly

You're no gamer.
    The meaning of life, is to give life meaning.
  • grobbebolgrobbebol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    foxwater wrote: »
    You get more than a day.

You get 1 day and i think its a 5 hour leeway for timezones.

Basically that timer starts from when you last pray, i think. So, pray at the latest time you can to give you the greatest leeway. (correct me if im wrong somebody)

Yes, I like that feature a lot, they have given this a lot of thought and as long as you log in everyday and do not forget to invocate, the system is quit flexible.

I do like the suggestion of lanhelin though, where you lose 1 coin for every day you forget to (or can not) invocate. This way you still keep the incentive of logging in as much as possible, but do not get set back to zero when you can't make it inot the game for 1 or 2 days.
  • bsethbseth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lousy design is lousy design - on par for Cryptic. (implement 'repeat task' in rewardwindow for professions already (pet peeve))
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    But here's the thing. It's a daily login bonus. To get it you have to log in daily. For it to work otherwise would completely miss the point.

No, it's a daily pray-the-first-time-bonus. And it should be a daily not-pray penalty instead of a all your daily pray boni are gone malus. The countdown should be like 12+17 hours and not 24+5, so that in my example I could invoke before 18.00 p.m. and get the coin, then meet my friends, come back and login again without being punished to do some rl activities. Or just lose 1 coin each day instead of all.
  • fakatikfakatik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There shall be no reward to heathens.
    Aireina | Ashter | King Baldric | Oranges | Hello | Mikalin
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    No, it's a daily pray-the-first-time-bonus. And it should be a daily not-pray penalty instead of a all your daily pray boni are gone malus. The countdown should be like 12+17 hours and not 24+5, so that in my example I could invoke before 18.00 p.m. and get the coin, then meet my friends, come back and login again without being punished to do some rl activities. Or just lose 1 coin each day instead of all.

Ah, another scrub who just wants everything handed to him. ****ing stupid generation.
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    grobbebol wrote: »
    Yes, I like that feature a lot, they have given this a lot of thought and as long as you log in everyday and do not forget to invocate, the system is quit flexible.

I do like the suggestion of lanhelin though, where you lose 1 coin for every day you forget to (or can not) invocate. This way you still keep the incentive of logging in as much as possible, but do not get set back to zero when you can't make it inot the game for 1 or 2 days.

Well, that's what the other type of coin is for. This specific coin is for consecutive logins.
    edited May 2013
    riven84 wrote: »
    Ah, another scrub who just wants everything handed to him. ****ing stupid generation.

Ah, another whizz who maybe read the posting but didn't understand it. And "because I do not understand it, it must be whine and I have the right to flame." This is stupid.

Another cooldown-mechanic which wouldn't last longer than the actual one, but give players a bigger time slot to let them decide when they get the coin would just be less restrictive. And losing one coin instead of all would be less drakonian.
  • myxlplykmyxlplyk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not even social stuff. My work involves occasional road trips where I don't have access to the game itself for 48-72 hours at a time. I can access the web gateway though. Maybe make it so that you can invoke through http://gateway.playneverwinter.com ?
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ah, another whizz who maybe read the posting but didn't understand it. And "because I do not understand it, it must be whine and I have the right to flame." This is stupid.

Another cooldown-mechanic which wouldn't last longer than the actual one, but give players a bigger time slot to let them decide when they get the coin would just be less restrictive. And losing one coin instead of all would be less drakonian.

LMAO....the other poster you quoted is correct. Just because it is inconvenient for precious lil you doesn't warrant a change.
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the rewards are little anyway. you only get to stack 7 celestial coins before it resets so you have to spend them.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My theory is if I'm not going to log back in within 10 hours , I spend them . This cover down servers ect . Heck I like the 5 coin crafter bag best anyways. And the 3 cost potion is very nice , it was the daily reward in BW2-4 so I'm use to using it .
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    myxlplyk wrote: »
    Not even social stuff. My work involves occasional road trips where I don't have access to the game itself for 48-72 hours at a time. I can access the web gateway though. Maybe make it so that you can invoke through http://gateway.playneverwinter.com ?

i'm away from home and unable to play 4 days a week often twice a month. Welcome to being a grown up. it's just a game. You are not entitled to any rewards. You just get a bonus for ringing the bell that cryptic dangle for you. #pavlovsdog
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • oakenlongbowoakenlongbow Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Truely the Celestrial coins do not give anything that great. there are only 4 things that you can get with them. one, fireworks for one coin. Two,a potion that costs 3 coins(guessing). Three, crafting resources that cost 5 coins, I usually open these and I dont get that great of stuff (yet to get a blue resource). Four, the last item you can get is an enchantment package that isnt that great either.

The coins are there to try to get you to participate in the game daily, but unlike the Ardent coins the Celestrial coins just dont give that great of stuff.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    we have 20h before we get new coins. we have 29h to invoke to keep current number of celestial coins. invoke before going out or when you get home.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »

Key word: BONUS. Not mandatory.

It's meant to draw you back, and keep people logging in daily. People who log in daily are likely more prone to spend money, plus it looks good on the user numbers ("X users log in daily!").
  • riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Thank you, I was hoping someone would post something stupid like you did.

I'll keep it short: you say that it's not about having stuff handed to you (like I claimed), and the you go on to present suggested changes that do exactly that: make it so that failing to meet the criteria still leaves you with goodies.

I'm ashamed to be part of this generation. Bunch of lazy, spoilt brats, for the most part.