test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Beware of Hackers Fri 5-17 !!!

bulldoggbulldogg Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seems this morning there has been a rash of people receiving emails saying their emails have been changed blah blah blah having called 3 friend who also got this and none of us can use our passwords ect ect. I dont need the usual <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about how its the users fault I am simply alerting everyone with maintenance this morning you might not check till its too late. I have had same account for 4 years with no issues at all and done all appropriate security on my end so obviously someone out there targeted PWI games today...well they always do anyway..but today it seems they succeeded on many of us...Lets just hope after spending considerable cash on this game this week they handle this promptly..I have seem and heard many say tickets are taking 10-12 days without even an autoreply so lets hope they nip this on the bud promptly this morning and restore accounts to their rightful owners...I urge everyone to check your emails for notifications this morning and act promptly..just because you are logged in as I am now does not mean you arent effected...as long as you are still logged in you will stay logged in and once you log out you wont get back in..so check your email while remaining logged into PWI and THEN see if your hacked..if you log out and try your password and its been changed as they immediately do you wont get back in to even contact support ....
Post edited by bulldogg on

Comments

• Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tl dr

Welcome to the internets
  • Options
    xylithanxylithan Member Posts: 54
    edited May 2013
    Might be better to break your initial post up a bit in to paragraphs.

Thanks for the heads up though.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Well i was typing in a rush hoping to save some friends some agony this morning...and it seems it is very widespread after making a few more contacts and logged into my guilds website and seems at least so far 5 more have seen same emails about changed accounts...and all accounts new emails are hkxxx2013 at hotmail...talk about advertising your stealing lol...no its not funny with so much real cash at stake but you gotta laugh that this pathetic security system that sends the verification to change an account to the NEW email not your registered one its like saying hey come on in and how about verify your stealing while your at it...

So Yes do check your accounts during maintenance..I got a feeling we are gonna see allot about this today from whats happened already..
  • Options
    swineplayerswineplayer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bulldogg wrote: »
    Well i was typing in a rush hoping to save some friends some agony this morning...and it seems it is very widespread after making a few more contacts and logged into my guilds website and seems at least so far 5 more have seen same emails about changed accounts...and all accounts new emails are hkxxx2013 at hotmail...talk about advertising your stealing lol...no its not funny with so much real cash at stake but you gotta laugh that this pathetic security system that sends the verification to change an account to the NEW email not your registered one its like saying hey come on in and how about verify your stealing while your at it...
    So Yes do check your accounts during maintenance..I got a feeling we are gonna see allot about this today from whats happened already..

Add me to the list!
  • Options
    neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just as additional on this, i tried to change my PW, been waiting about 40 mins so far for a confirmation email, still haven't gotten anything and it is going to the right email address. I've Just tried logging into the game with either old or new pw and it says the account service is down.
  • Options
    kaszlakplkaszlakpl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ i want to ask, is this possible that this site is reason why i got ban? or account hacked? coz i got ban and dont know why, no information on my email and cant log in to my account... i didnt use any exploits like fast exp on foundry or something else...plz help
  • Options
    kazen425kazen425 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bulldogg wrote: »

That is one long sentence. :confused: Very hard to read.
  • Options
    lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    syrumsyrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 168 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    neridium wrote: »
    Just as additional on this, i tried to change my PW, been waiting about 40 mins so far for a confirmation email, still haven't gotten anything and it is going to the right email address. I've Just tried logging into the game with either old or new pw and it says the account service is down.

neridium, I think they actually took the login server down early. I have no issues with my account being stolen or emails saying anything was changed.
  • Options
    swineplayerswineplayer Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kaszlakpl wrote: »
    https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/ i want to ask, is this possible that this site is reason why i got ban? or account hacked? coz i got ban and dont know why, no information on my email and cant log in to my account... i didnt use any exploits like fast exp on foundry or something else...plz help

You got banned? Or do you believe you got hacked?
  • Options
    merelanmerelan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am in the same boat this morning...
  • Options
    neridiumneridium Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    syrum wrote: »
    neridium, I think they actually took the login server down early. I have no issues with my account being stolen or emails saying anything was changed.

I figured that might be the case, cheers for the confirmation. I guess once the server comes back then I'll probably get the email for the PW change.
  • Options
    davc123davc123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    Cryptic Account Guard: New Computer Saved‏ ****
  • Options
    werealchemistwerealchemist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

No, that is the official Neverwinter gateway site.
    21.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I apologize for offending the grammar police while trying to save my fellow gamers a weeks worth of headaches over this issue..
  • Options
    narathkornarathkor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here is what is probably going on. Did you use your same email/account/pass as another game that has had huge security leaks. Examples GW2 had a huge leak they blamed on other websites, no it was gw2 lol, also that big playstation network hack. If you did then you should probably be doing some major account security.

It is always advisable anyway to change all of your passwords at least 1x per month. I know it is a pain but having been a senior technician in a few companies I know the reason those memo's go out every couple of weeks.
    Please check out my foundry quests!
    The Sins of the Father NW-DLN6BC8NX
    A Name For Yourself NW-DRBWMCFL4
    Click Here To Visit The Official Thread
  • Options
    kaszlakplkaszlakpl Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got banned? Or do you believe you got hacked?
    I dont know man... it says when i try log in that i have beed banned but i didnt get any information... zero just nothing...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013

No. That is ours.

Thanks for the info though. I'll pass this along but sorry I'm going to close the thread. Any users who lose access to their account should contact support directly and threads like this tend to draw those users in to post their personal details.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    I am not an employee. The technical term is that I am a "representative" of Cryptic/PWE by being an official forum moderator.

My opinions are my own unless I state I have my moderator hat on, which was implied in the last post. :)

Copying this over here for clarity:

Thanks for the info though. I'll pass this along but sorry I'm going to close the thread. Any users who lose access to their account should contact support directly and threads like this tend to draw those users in to post their personal details.
This discussion has been closed.