test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Excessive fps drop around certain mobs.

neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
I don't know if this is a common problem. Whenever I go to The Pirates Skyhold, near the start of the zone there are mobs that are stealthed. Whenever I approach these my my pc tends to really bog down, I'm not sure if its lag or an fps issue.

This is the only place I really get this problem, my drivers are up to date, using 2 x Gtx580 in Sli, i7 2600k, 8gm ram. Ive never been disconnected from it.

Any ideas?
Post edited by neverhof on

Comments

• Options
    neverhofneverhof Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Turns out that isn't the only place, I get a kind of rapid fps stutter anytime I'm around other rogues when I'm in groups too when they pop their stealth.

I've tried altering various settings but none seem to work. Anyone know which setting would affect this the most? Is stealth particularly heavy on cpu usage?
  • Options
    mawaddah444mawaddah444 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game need to be optimized.. sometimes happens to me on dungeons, skirmishes and somtimes in solo
    Is so annoying
  • Options
    jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally think it's the specific mobs. I have had this problem a few times in CT Elite. I noticed one time the texture skewed from the mob to the lower right corner of my screen (seen this before in other games). as soon as that mob corpse despawned it was over.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I find it's the most annoying in groups when you only have a second or 2 to dodge, someone pops stealth and boom, you get hit by something your trying to dodge.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Shameless bump..

I am playing on an alt now but still having the same problem around rogues in groups, as soon as they pop their stealth I get a noticable severe drop in performance while the ability is active. I don't have this problem when I'm using stealth on my rogue, only when I'm around others players or those npcs using stealth. This is affecting being able to dodge attacks and causes delays on other abilities too.

I'm not sure where to look tbh, I see theres a post about Dx 9 and 11 but I'm only lvl 3 anorak so I don't know much about it and wether its part of the issue.
  • Options
    noezznoezz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try this, it worked really fine for me, had the same problem before and now no problems at all:

Options--Video--Detail--Max physics debris objects: set this value to 0, then you should be fine.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'll give that a shot, thanks for the reply!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That didnt make much difference, but, I was running the game on Dx9, when I switched it to DX11 its pretty much solved the problem, so I'm guessing my pc doesn't like DX9 and stealth.
  • Options
    ebloodzebloodz Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    On either mode, the chest Mimics are the worst. I've been killed many times in Dungeons when my party aggroes them and my game completely freezes.