test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This game sucking yet?

lockeriuslockerius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Don't get me wrong, I haven't played as much as I would like (16 hour days at work), but I finally have some time to play coming up this weekend......

......should I bother? I am hearing a lot of complaining about how broken this game is. Are we not hearing a counter argument because those who would are too busy playing?

My experiences with FTP haven't been that good, so please, help me out.

Cheers.
Post edited by lockerius on

Comments

• Options
    stormdrag0nstormdrag0n Member Posts: 3,222 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's simple, play the game make your own decisions, don't let the interwebs dictate what you should and shouldn't like.
    Always Looking for mature laidback players/rpers for Dungeon Delves!
  • Options
    borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Very solid combat and good visuals, if you like the art style. I would say it is probably the best f2p game for casual play. The end game has a lot of serious issues. I wouldn't recommend it if that is what you are looking for in an MMO.
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lawl........

You're asking a forum if a game is good? Because forums are full of logical and truthful people.
  • Options
    mistriosumistriosu Member Posts: 279 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Personally I'm having tons of fun, thought I can't decide on a second character. It's between TR and GWF right now (screw CW). Was hoping one of the new classes would come soon, but looks like a month or more until then
  • Options
    flayedawgflayedawg Member Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think the actual gameplay is a lot of fun, the graphics are fairly pretty, the solo questing is reasonably engaging, & the dungeons are reasonably challenging.

It has a ton of issues, but they're not preventing me from playing when I can, so like that other guy said, don't let the Interwebz form your opinions for you.
    Fare you well
    Let your life proceed by its own designs
    Nothing to tell
    Let the words be yours, I'm done with mine ...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The game is awesome, enjoyable and in it's own way challenging. If you don't read about the people abusing issues in the game it's extremely fun.

The issues the game has will be fixed. So yes it sucks that some people can ruin the game for the rest of the people but that's a temporary issue and therefore, to me, it's not worth not playing. The exploits and the exploiters will be dealt with in time.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am loving the game. Its loads of fun and that keeps me playing.

Obviously it has a few issues, but none of that currently hinders me much. That said everyone is different. Everyone has to decide for themselves. If you are worried read about the problems with an open mind. Then counter that with how much fun you have playing. Decide what is right for you.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These forums are probably the worst place to ask that question :) The game has it's fair share of issues right now, however, I am really enjoying playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ernest660ernest660 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fix lagg please i hate the servers my Internet is 210Mps i can run battlefield with out any lagg at ALL and this game is the only game thats lagging i tryied terning down graphics did not help and each time i enter new place its patching when its done... its slows down the hole fram rate.. FIX
  • Options
    s3pts3pt Member Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The combat and leveling is fun, the cash shop is terrible.

Best thing you can do is play it yourself and see if you enjoy it.
  • Options
    thugmarthugmar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As long as you either do not care about end game content, or if you do dont roll a GF or GWF, then it has a lot of appealing points to it. Their F2P model is one of the best imo compared to the rest of the western F2P models.

There are certainly some issues with people abusing bugs, but thats not nearly as bad as how poor the class balance is in pve at top end.

TLDR: Roll a Cleric or CW if you want to do topend, or TR if you want to be great at top end but have a ton of competition for spots in groups. DO NOT ROLL A GF OR GWF unless its just to play them leveling up (and GWF sucks leveling)
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    These forums are probably the worst place to ask that question :) The game has it's fair share of issues right now, however, I am really enjoying playing.

This,

Forum image and ingame image are completely different. If i didn't play and only came here to look and get an idea of the game i wouldn't have ever touched it. But i played the game then went to the forums. It's an awesome game with bug, Same as every other new release.
  • Options
    mooseymoosey Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Having a blast.
  • Options
    uvirith1uvirith1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 124
    edited May 2013
    Its a ton of fun until 60.
    Then its AFK in PvP and stealing purples in Dungeons. Otherwise you will never get enough ADs to buy even one thing.
  • Options
    hazl51hazl51 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's simple, play the game make your own decisions, don't let the interwebs dictate what you should and shouldn't like.

Noo, form an opinion of his own, done be silly now :P
  • Options
    klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Is the game worth playing? Absolutely!

Is the game worth playing long term? I don't think so.

Is the game worth spending money on? A big resounding NO! Not in its current form.

My advice, play it until you stop having fun, then move on.
  • Options
    kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing the game is a much better experience than reading about it on these forums...
  • Options
    deathsremnantdeathsremnant Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 185
    edited May 2013
    Mad Dragon makes everyone mad, he is the cause (or she) of all the forum QQ...Down with the Mad Dragon
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,386 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too am thoroughly enjoying the game. Like the others have said. Try it out. Worst to happen would be that you don't like it and you uninstall it. Unless you buy something from the cash shop, it does not cost you a thing.
  • Options
    pepepoepepepoe Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2013
    Having a blast at the moment despite a few bug's and the economy screwed because of all the exploiter's.

Shame about the cash shop that's just a joke if the cost would come down may even try a few class's and but some Zen to upgrade bank and stuff.But not while the price is so high.

Will probably get to 60 then move on.
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    pepepoe wrote: »
    Having a blast at the moment despite a few bug's and the economy screwed because of all the exploiter's.

Shame about the cash shop that's just a joke if the cost would come down may even try a few class's and but some Zen to upgrade bank and stuff.But not while the price is so high.

Will probably get to 60 then move on.

Are you kidding me? Character Slots and Bank Slots are the fairest priced things in the C-Store.
  • Options
    deadnutreapdeadnutreap Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ernest660 wrote: »
    fix lagg please i hate the servers my Internet is 210Mps i can run battlefield with out any lagg at ALL and this game is the only game thats lagging i tryied terning down graphics did not help and each time i enter new place its patching when its done... its slows down the hole fram rate.. FIX
    Read this comment.
    No sense made.
    Graphics settings apparently affects internet speed LOL.
    where are you playing from?
  • Options
    enderlin50enderlin50 Member Posts: 993 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lockerius wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I haven't played as much as I would like (16 hour days at work), but I finally have some time to play coming up this weekend......

......should I bother? I am hearing a lot of complaining about how broken this game is. Are we not hearing a counter argument because those who would are too busy playing?

My experiences with FTP haven't been that good, so please, help me out.

Cheers.

If you avoid "General Discussion" NW Forums and play the game you will be just fine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    floredonfloredon Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the leveling experience is fantastic, one of the best in any mmo i have ever played. pvp is fun and exciting when both teams are trying, and not just afk glory farming. there are things you would expect in a D&D game. there is a goldshire-type RP area called the Moonstone Mask which has an entertaining zone chat. the group finder is well done, something i wished Guild Wars 2 had. the Foundry is awesome, some of the Foundry quests are really well written. you wouldn't be wasting your time if you are a fan of MMOs and D&D.
  • Options
    wolfheartazwolfheartaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The game is awesome, enjoyable and in it's own way challenging. If you don't read about the people abusing issues in the game it's extremely fun.

The issues the game has will be fixed. So yes it sucks that some people can ruin the game for the rest of the people but that's a temporary issue and therefore, to me, it's not worth not playing. The exploits and the exploiters will be dealt with in time.

Yes, dont read about the problem the game has. Do not worry about the bugs, exploits, cheaters, bad game design. (LFG, AH broke, pvp team "leaders" kicking whomever they want).

Just give them money, and in a year from now, everything will be great!