test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My Observation

nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Best gear in the game not BoP. No lock outs on dungeons.

In your own personal opinions what does this mean to you. I have my theory and I wanna know yours.

Discuss.
Post edited by nymesis92 on

Comments

• roadkillaroadkilla Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    means if I have bad luck with drops I can buy the piece I need on the ah.
    and if I have good luck with drops and get more than 1 of an item I can sell it on the ah.
  • hexagarhexagar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited May 2013
    roadkilla wrote: »
    and if I have good luck with drops and get more than 1 of an item I can sell it on the ah.

That's exactly what will kill this game.. BOE for end game gear is the worst idea
    For a gear based game... Its an RPG and gear means everything, if everyone and his aunt
    Wear the end game gear then there is no prestige in wearing that... Think about it,
    even the games longevity is affected by this...

The game is out for like 10 days and the server is full with ppl wearing top gear...
    edited May 2013

That's exactly what will kill this game.. BOE for end game gear is the worst idea
    For a gear based game... Its an RPG and gear means everything, if everyone and his aunt
    Wear the end game gear then there is no prestige in wearing that... Think about it,

The game is out for like 10 days and the server is full with ppl wearing top gear...
    edited May 2013

even the games longetivity will ne affected..

We r like 10 days in the game and most ppl have the top gear... That's just wrong..
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hexagar wrote: »

Uhm lots of people play RPG for the journey and fun not to stroke their e-peen
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Come on guys think deeper. You can do it!!
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    sorry for my ignorance but what does BOE and BOP stand for
  • jn2002dk1jn2002dk1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l4stlife wrote: »
    sorry for my ignorance but what does BOE and BOP stand for
    BOE = Bind on equip - An item is only bound to you once you actually equip it
    BOP = Bind on pickup - An item is bound to you when you loot it
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    wow... ansewred quickly thanks
    edited May 2013
    BOP is the worst, was in a epic dungeon the other day and a ring drop that BOPed, and well it was useless for me as my rings were already better or the drop did not fit my build so what did i do... Disgarded it
    edited May 2013
    Then what's the tiered gear for? Only for for strockers i suppose ...
    edited May 2013
    nymesis92 wrote: »
    Come on guys think deeper. You can do it!!

Well PW wants to make some money right? What more to think ? BoE means that the few hardcore players will get a crapload
    of purples and then sell it to the AH , so many players gona need a chunk of AD to buy them... Guess who profits in the long term..

Isnt 1 zen= 400 AD? :P
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Flood the market with AD millionaires to super inflate the prices....

Make all top end gear BOE, which means it can be bought with Astral Diamonds

Introduce a load of free players with limited Astral Diamond resources.

Offer a real-cash option to buy Astral Diamonds (Zen)

It's probably working as intended.
  • nymesis92nymesis92 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Their ya go...now we are thinking correctly.

What a crock of garbage.....Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of the game but these companies greed is off the charts.
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some of the loot is BOA (Its the more correct term, not all items are "picked up" in this game, some you acquire through other means).

Oddly much of the junk jewlery from the dungeon delve chests in T2 i've looted were all automatically bound on acquire. Though the far more top stats valuable armor and weapons are not.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • steppenkatsteppenkat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Well, it's a Beta and everyone knew that there was a lack of endgame content. So what's the point of rushing it?

I think that BoP only leads to the Kharazan Paradox: I need gear to do lategame dungeons - people want characters that already have that gear - I have to do the dungeon in the first place to get it.

Everyone that has played WoW for some time knows what I mean.
    Characters:
    - Titania Silverblade, the Iron Rose of Myth Drannor (Lvl 60 GWF, Destroyer)
    - Gwyneth, the Cowardly Cat Burglar Drowling (Lvl 60 TR, Saboteur)
    - Lady Rowanne Firehair, Heartwarder of Sune (Lvl 33 DC)
    - Satella, Sensate (LvL 44 CW, Renegade, Non-Active)

Check Steppenkat's Foundry Quest Reviews!
  • axer128axer128 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kimberix wrote: »
    Flood the market with AD millionaires to super inflate the prices....

Make all top end gear BOE, which means it can be bought with Astral Diamonds

Introduce a load of free players with limited Astral Diamond resources.

Offer a real-cash option to buy Astral Diamonds (Zen)

It's probably working as intended.

It is, it's a brilliant model imo because those f2p players can just as easily acquire some gear, sell it and get enough diamonds to get what they want.

Guy in my guild has acquired/spent over 15 million diamonds. He's pure F2P and didnt cheat to get a single one.

Don't get me wrong, the game is very pay to win in many ways I dont like. But the equipment acquisition, not really so bad imo. It hits all the marks really:
    - lets players who want to grind it, grind it (though the non-delve grind option is insane imo, semi reasonable if you can hit the delv times)
    - lets players who want to just play whatever dungeons, still advance in gear by getting what they can, and selling it for what they need
    - lets players who want to pay to win, pay to win, funding cryptic, and the games economy.

Worst stuff is the self-rez scrolls on zen shop, and full heal stones. They break the game and are pure p2w.

Though partly thats due to the very buggy/broken anti-rez buff, that sometimes never applies, and sometimes applies forever never going away.

I mean yea i'd love this game to instead be a hardcore subscription mmo with zero pay to win options.. But such days are long dead, I dont know if such a game can even work anymore these days due to the huge difference in income and player attitudes these days.
    -Group tools in dire need of improvement, please read and reply to improve our community.
    -Epic Dread Vault Crushed.
    Characters (Dragon): Axer (60 Guardian, Leader of Crush It!), Controller (60 Wizard), Warlocker (60 Warlock)
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    So according to you... A game that's more or less "Action Based" should be about gear and not skill in the end game? Yeah... that pretty much sums up the entire mmorpg community right there.

"I suck at a game, so I need gear! But you shouldn't be able to be on par with me, or I'll lose! Zomg! make gear BoP!!!"

This is what I honestly think. A game based on skill, and how you build your character shouldn't be solely based on gear. If I'm losing to someone who could stand still, run around in a circle chasing a monkey, while I'm dodging all their attacks, blocking their attacks, predicting what they're next moves are. I should definitely lose to that person, in one hit, because his gear out-weighs my own.

We have a thinker here....
  • thegodporingthegodporing Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    axer128 wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, the game is very pay to win in many ways I dont like.

No, not it's not.
    Pay to Win is the ability to get something you can't get without paying.
    On here you pay to get stuff faster - which is the idea behind any f2p.
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have a level 30 character that's bought half his t2 set off the AH. That's what I make of it. Dumb.
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    So according to you... A game that's more or less "Action Based" should be about gear and not skill in the end game? Yeah... that pretty much sums up the entire mmorpg community right there.

"I suck at a game, so I need gear! But you shouldn't be able to be on par with me, or I'll lose! Zomg! make gear BoP!!!"

This is what I honestly think. A game based on skill, and how you build your character shouldn't be solely based on gear. If I'm losing to someone who could stand still, run around in a circle chasing a monkey, while I'm dodging all their attacks, blocking their attacks, predicting what they're next moves are. I should definitely lose to that person, in one hit, because his gear out-weighs my own.

We have a thinker here....

This game is all about gear.. its not street fighter.. Try to beat someone in
    full purples while u wear a bunch of low lvl greenies... Sadly if u r looking for skill based games
    u should go play a FPS or a MOBA ..

U know actually the game requires from u to have gear in order to progress
    in its dungeon system. Also press C and see the characters stats, even there there is a gearscore number
    which im sure it exists for a reason.
  • ratrailratrail Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 130 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    This game is all about gear.. its not street fighter.. Try to beat someone in
    full purples while u wear a bunch of low lvl greenies... Sadly if u r looking for skill based games
    u should go play a FPS or a MOBA ..

U know actually the game requires from u to have gear in order to progress
    in its dungeon system. Also press C and see the characters stats, even there there is a gearscore number
    which im sure it exists for a reason.

This game is all about gear .... for you. I know it's hard for some people to believe, but some people actually enjoy the process and journey and aren't so obsessed about having the best gear or how this gear is obtained.

As far as your other barely coherent babble, no one said that gear wasn't important. Gear is certainly an important part of character progression. It's just not all about gear, as you try to argue, because many people don't care about gear as much as you do.
  • nyysjannyysjan Member Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
    No, not it's not.
    Pay to Win is the ability to get something you can't get without paying.
    On here you pay to get stuff faster - which is the idea behind any f2p.

There is no one true accepted definition of P2W.
    One of the definitions in use is the ability to buy power not otherwise accessible, another is the ability to simply buy power faster, that could be gained in other ways.
    This game fits one of those definitions, there may be others.
    edited May 2013
    ratrail wrote: »
    This game is all about gear .... for you. I know it's hard for some people to believe, but some people actually enjoy the process and journey and aren't so obsessed about having the best gear or how this gear is obtained.

As far as your other barely coherent babble, no one said that gear wasn't important. Gear is certainly an important part of character progression. It's just not all about gear, as you try to argue, because many people don't care about gear as much as you do.

What are you debating here? Are you saying you don't need gear to do certain things?