test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why the hell was i muted after advertising an item????

gorillajellogorillajello Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
So i opened up a nightmare box, got a profession pack and got lucky with "hero"

shift+clicked it in to the zone chat and named my price

immediately afterwards i was muted for 24 hours

WHAT THE **** ?

:mad:
Post edited by gorillajello on

Comments

• blackfire001blackfire001 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Welcome to PWE
  • khasfacekhasface Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did you submit a ticket, or just go straight to the forums, did not collect ♦200?
  • urdefmadurdefmad Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 145 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    butthurt kids in zone chat didn't like your message so they ignored you

if enough people ignore you, you get muted for 24 hours

lolpwe
  • nazacanazaca Member Posts: 183 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    So i opened up a nightmare box, got a profession pack and got lucky with "hero"

shift+clicked it in to the zone chat and named my price

immediately afterwards i was muted for 24 hours

WHAT THE **** ?

:mad:

Ah. I see you are new to post-CoH Cryptic games. You'll get used to it.

Dollar, dollar, bill, yo. Cash rules everything around you and me.
  • jbrewergamerjbrewergamer Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »

lolpwe

Lol yea, they obviously don't want my money. Good thing I didn't pay for anything yet. And until this system is changed they won't be seeing a dime from me.
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    The chat is not for offers that is what the AH is for, I cant stand all the WTT and WTS posts in the chat
  • oxydumoxydum Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    urdefmad wrote: »

lolpwe

I, for one, welcome this feature.
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    l4stlife wrote: »
    The chat is not for offers that is what the AH is for, I cant stand all the WTT and WTS posts in the chat

Then leave.
  • yzerenmuisyzerenmuis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Then leave.

Nope, if I see a offer being spammed like 5 times within 10 second. You earned your mute from me.
    edited May 2013
    oxydum wrote: »
    I, for one, welcome this feature.

You must be part of one of those griefer guilds that report random AFK players to get them muted for laughs then. Either that or you're a troll, that's the only way anyone would approve of this feature.
  • oxydumoxydum Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You must be part of one of those griefer guilds that report random AFK players to get them muted for laughs then. Either that or you're a troll, that's the only way anyone would approve of this feature.

I'm neither of those. I use to ignore people spaming zone chats repeating the same thing over multiple lines. I didn't know that if enough people ignored them too they were muted. Vox populi, vox dei I guess.
    edited May 2013
    oxydum wrote: »
    I'm neither of those. I use to ignore people spaming zone chats repeating the same thing over multiple lines. I didn't know that if enough people ignored them too they were muted. Vox populi, vox dei I guess.

Yea there are many cases (including me) of AFK players being muted by griefers that reportspammed them.
  • kimberixkimberix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's the law of the masses.

We tried that years ago, and drowned people for being witches, and lynched innocent people who were wrongly accused.

Now, most civilised countries have a policing system and a justice system to deal with this - except that it costs money, and PWE don't want to spend any.

HOWEVER, in it's crudest sense, you were found guilty by your peers, which is all a court aims to do anyway - you're just missing a balanced judgment.
  • l4stlifel4stlife Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited May 2013
    rhoric wrote: »
    Then leave.

Nope, you be muted... haha
    yzerenmuis wrote: »
    Nope, if I see a offer being spammed like 5 times within 10 second. You earned your mute from me.

+1
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    So, be honest. how many times did you repeat the message? Did you do it multiple times in a row? That will get you spam-reported in a flash. If enough people do it your shut down. It's quite effective. Just stop repeating things.
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    Nope, you be muted... haha

+1

And if an AFK player is muted? What do you say to that?
    edited May 2013
    So, be honest. how many times did you repeat the message? Did you do it multiple times in a row? That will get you spam-reported in a flash. If enough people do it your shut down. It's quite effective. Just stop repeating things.

I was muted while AFK. I assume a griefer guild thought it'd be funny to reportspam me and get me muted. The system is broken accept it.
  • robobot13robobot13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its all very well saying "use the AH" (and its possibly the worst AH in any MMO I have played), however you CANNOT sell items for gold in the AH - and as an active T2 Dungeoneer, you need a lot of gold to keep going.

Muting people for spamming 5-10 lines is one thing, but muting people for using a chat channel how it is meant to be used (to communicate in a sensible manner) is just stupid.
    edited May 2013
    robobot13 wrote: »
    Its all very well saying "use the AH" (and its possibly the worst AH in any MMO I have played), however you CANNOT sell items for gold in the AH - and as an active T2 Dungeoneer, you need a lot of gold to keep going.

Muting people for spamming 5-10 lines is one thing, but muting people for using a chat channel how it is meant to be used (to communicate in a sensible manner) is just stupid.

Yea, it's too bad the GMs could care less about their paying customers. They don't want to work so they use automated ****. Pure laziness on their part.
  • czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's ok I gave them twice as much, to make up for you. Oh and I don't believe your story about being AFK either...
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its generally because people are posting items to the zone chat, when they should be using the auction house.

Thus, the zone chat is being spammed with 'WTS WTS WTS' or 'WTT WTTW WTTT'

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't for the fact that anytime people try to carry a conversation (yes this does happen) it gets interrupted by somebody wanting to sell for astral diamonds...thats what the AH is for.

Anyways, I mute anybody that spams. By that i mean, as others have said, 3-4 times within a few seconds. They get ignored and muted, because there is simply no need to spam it.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    robobot13 wrote: »

You are correct, it is. But we have nothing but hearsay to suggest that's what actually happened.

My first comment was directed at the OP. It always is if there is not a direct quote being replied to.
    fs_lastplayed.png
    edited May 2013
    And if an AFK player is muted? What do you say to that?

I say thats abit strange and should not be happeing, submit a support ticket there might be a bug
    edited May 2013
    A trade chat zone should be created by the developers, all trade discusstions and advertisments should happen there
  • grikgidgrikgid Member Posts: 35
    edited May 2013
    A trade chat zone should be created by the developers, all trade discusstions and advertisments should happen there

+1 for a very simple and effective solution suggestion
  • kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I wish they would just add an AH chat channel where the spamming of wares can be spammed. oh btw wts 1 slightly used can of spam pst with offers.