test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ioun Stone of Allure DC best friend?

noxzwotanoxzwota Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Im about to buy it and have some questions :)

1st can anyone confirm that this Stone on L25 gives 160 power/recovery/crit and additionally gives all atributess from items/ench on it to You?

2nd It is better for DC than a AD cat?

3rd Does it dies often during dungeons boss fights?
Post edited by noxzwota on

Comments

• mewbreymewbrey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 517 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    the stone is in fact better than the cat for the simple reason that its item choices are better for an augment pet. Cats have to use belts, belts often contain health and you get no increased health from augment companions, the stone gets gives use of the 3 items it can use.

and it does indeed give 160 of the 3 stats, the stone being an augmented pet cannot die, even though it has health it does not actually use it. The cat however can die out of combat by falling off cliffs, the stone however floats around your head and will not die from falling as it uses your head as its path, this of course does not count if you fall to your death!

Due to the current soft cap where you start to be hit rather badly with diminishing returns the spread on stats is often better than a focus on two i.e critical and recovery this is again from a cleric stand point.

Hope that helps!
    ~*~ Foundry missions: Stronghold Branax : Goblin menace : Forwyn crypts ~*~
  • noxzwotanoxzwota Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thx that helps alot :)

And what would You recomend for Off Off Deff companion slots ?
  • vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    The stone is probably the better choice, but I have never seen my cat die....hmmm

I use the blue belt from one of the early dungeons that has a enchant slot and +350 recovery. It is easy to spread out the rest of the stat points easy enough.
  • neverjuiceneverjuice Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    mewbrey wrote: »
    the stone is in fact better than the cat for the simple reason that its item choices are better for an augment pet. Cats have to use belts, belts often contain health and you get no increased health from augment companions, the stone gets gives use of the 3 items it can use.

and it does indeed give 160 of the 3 stats, the stone being an augmented pet cannot die, even though it has health it does not actually use it. The cat however can die out of combat by falling off cliffs, the stone however floats around your head and will not die from falling as it uses your head as its path, this of course does not count if you fall to your death!

Due to the current soft cap where you start to be hit rather badly with diminishing returns the spread on stats is often better than a focus on two i.e critical and recovery this is again from a cleric stand point.

Hope that helps!

there are belts with 200+ crit and 100+ recover or 200+recovery 100+ crit since power is a lackluster stat I like the cat more.
  • bloodytrailzbloodytrailz Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Depending on server, the Ioun stone is also anywhere from like 240-260K AD cheaper (assuming an AD:Zen ration of 355-370:1 like it is on dragon)
  • unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Ion stone is the better choice generally speaking, it uses an icon instead of a belt. Outside of some niche builds you are better off with the Ion stone over the cat or any other companion.

However, I recently went back to my Cat because I stacked 1,400 regen and needed the belt slot instead.
  • yarrickauyarrickau Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeh I have actually started to consider making cat my offensive stat buffer and stone the defensive stat buffer :)