test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Type of game

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Okay so I just need a little clarification, I read that Neverwinter can be played single player or co-operativly yet it is being developed by a MMO games company?

Will Neverwinter be a MMORPG or a genre similar to a certain zombie apocalypse game developed by valve?

Thanks in advance.
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 5,050,278 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2011
    zun-kai wrote: »
    Okay so I just need a little clarification, I read that Neverwinter can be played single player or co-operativly yet it is being developed by a MMO games company?

Will Neverwinter be a MMORPG or a genre similar to a certain zombie apocalypse game developed by valve?

Thanks in advance.

From what we can read on the game info page, and the legacy of the title, I think it's safe to assume it will be a group-based fantasy RPG.
    Reinforcing this fact is the use of DND 4e, a pen and paper roleplaying system designed around a group of adventurers overcoming problems together. (or crawling dungeons)

With that, I'd compare it to something similar to Dragon age, but then with the possibility of enjoying it in a group.

From what I remember, they called it a Multiplayer RPG, though it is labeled MMORPG here and there.
    edited June 2011
    I think it's akin to Borderlands, but for DnD. And the fact that there will be user-created modules (adventures).

It is not sounding at all like an MMO. They might have a common area for login for all players before going off to adventure (like a server hub), which might be a neat concept. However, that's my conjecture.
    edited June 2011
    I think the idea is for more instanced dungeons than general MMO design.
    edited June 2011
    You should compare it to what it is. Neverwinter nights.

It is a single player game that you can take people with you to help you out. You can create dungeons and towns and worlds to have people go through them but it is NOT an mmo.

The foundry system is like the nwn toolset. You create a tabletop world virtually where you can take your friends through it or place it on the community site and allow people to dl it and play it.

As long as there is not a monthly fee (it is not an mmo so there should not be one) I will get this.
  • zzod1zzod1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its an MMORPG
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013