test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Letter to the Classes

supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Dear other classes,

First of all, I'm glad you all do insane amounts of damage and healing. This is your job and you do it well. However, my job is to help keep the group alive through threat, agro, and positioning. These 3 things you seem to not understand at all. And I need to state some general dungeon rules so that all of our raiding experiences can be better.

Rule #1
DO NOT INITIATE FIGHTS PLEASE! This helps me keeps agro and pull only certain amounts of mobs. this makes our dungeon experience go much better and you won't have to use as many potions or worry about being swarmed by mobs. reasons this is a rule: EVERY SINGLE DAY i run a dungeon, there is a GWF or a DC that runs ahead, pull 10-20 enemies, gets one-shotted or down to 15% health, then runs back to the group with it and expects me to just destroy all the threat you generated and agro them all. NOT HAPPENING.
note:
We usually end up killing the mob anyways but that's because our group adjusts and nukes them down at the cost of potions and frantic targeting. But if we mess up at all this way, it's a wipe.

Rule #2
DO NOT STAND IN THE FIRE! aka stop standing there while the mobs hit you or you see the red circle of death about to land. I understand that some mechanics don't hit hard enough to warrant an avoid (assassin's cone dagger throw, don't worry about it), but the triple phase spiders about to eat you should cause frantic shift pressing instead of sitting there staring at me like i can just rope them up and tank them.

which leads to next rule

Rule #3
ALMOST EVERY ENEMY HITS EVERYTHING IN FRONT OF IT WITH STANDARD ATTACKS! I say almost cuz there is probably at least one enemy that doesn’t. but that means if I have agro and they are hitting me, it is not smart to stand on top of me, right behind me, or right beside me because the mob will hit you AND me. I have loads of armor and health; you are a squishy rogue. If you do this, prepare to use a lot of potions and/or die.

Rule #4
HELP THE TANK KEEP THREAT INSTEAD OF RUNNING AWAY! Basically, run/dodge with a purpose. If you have a mob on you that you know is too much, don't just run away from the group. Run towards me! I can then see you have a mob and use enforced threat, threating strike, or just start cleaving them to help you and (hopefully, if they ever fix the threat mechanics to where they should be) pull the agro off of you.

Rule #5 (THIS ONE IS FOR FELLOW GF)
DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE OTHER COMPANIONS! It is so ok (at least till they fix all the bugs with feats/powers/threats/etc) that the companions pull threat. They are an instant revive at the end of combat that you don't have to spend potions, injury kits, or really anything on at all. They are free meat shields. if it helps keep the mobs off of your cleric, then right now I’m good with that.

I'm being sincere here and want pugs and organized groups alike to better understand the game and have fun. Nobody likes paying through their nose because they ran a dungeon with a terrible group. I'm a level 60 GF with a Gear Score (according to the game) of 13,900. But without the power buff, my gear score is 11,000. I have spent at most 2-3 gold total on pots and kits because I try to stay alive and keep everyone else alive.

Sincerely,
A Guardian Fighter who is frustrated with threat and hates he had to post this

posting on GF/GWF first cuz i want to know if you guys agree with me or not on this.

note: none of the applies to GWF as an off tank. havent seen any really do it and heard it's bugged? all GWF can tank with constant healing, but they die instantly otherwise. GF can tank without heals in short controlled bursts. based on how healing works, i dont see how GWF are supposed to tank right now.
MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
Post edited by supp1sh on

Comments

• knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Oh shush, get out of the way we're trying to find another cleric.
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    Oh shush, get out of the way we're trying to find another cleric.

lol :D sadly, i know this to be true
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • terhixterhix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 242 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    supp1sh wrote: »
    note: none of the applies to GWF as an off tank. havent seen any really do it and heard it's bugged? all GWF can tank with constant healing, but they die instantly otherwise. GF can tank without heals in short controlled bursts. based on how healing works, i dont see how GWF are supposed to tank right now.

PvP or vigilant warlord's T2 set, lots of stacked dps, optionally life steal, sentinel build that makes sense, use daring shout followed by regular aoe dps and you do peel adds of the cleric. It's quite impossible to pull agro from a rogue, but aoe threat to get stuff off the cleric works just fine (until you have a CW that, whenever you manage to gather the adds and start dpsing them, runs in and send them all flying and scattered with a knockback, then you are ****ed).
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    to be honest i don't get the whole "it's impossible to get aggro off the rogue", i think the cruelty reward feat must be bugged or something because they always seem to care about me last in groups.
    edited May 2013
    terhix wrote: »
    PvP or vigilant warlord's T2 set, lots of stacked dps, optionally life steal, sentinel build that makes sense, use daring shout followed by regular aoe dps and you do peel adds of the cleric. It's quite impossible to pull agro from a rogue, but aoe threat to get stuff off the cleric works just fine (until you have a CW that, whenever you manage to gather the adds and start dpsing them, runs in and send them all flying and scattered with a knockback, then you are ****ed).

in other words, i've been playing with scrub GWFs
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • ryftlordryftlord Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I seriously agree on the DPS, it applies to both GWF and GF. I've been kicked from teams for this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> -.-
    Ja'kreen - "The Laughing Vulcan"
    Mirror Ja'kreen
    X'Tem
    Active RPer
    edited May 2013
    to add to this. anyone who says "hey this isn't wow. it's not tank and spank" i agree. but when threat is so based on healing and damage that my marks and powers dont pull hard enough so i am forced to become a tanky style dps class, that is broken. EVERY GF IS RUNNING CONQUEROR SPEC. why? because we are forced to in order to matter at all at high level play. that is why this system is currently broken.

there is no point to being all tanky with protector (which is bugged anyways) or controlling with tactician because the mobs dont care about you anyways. so you have to smack them hard enough to make them think you're a disguised rogue in shiny armor
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I run in first as a GWF because I just assume the GF will use his mark on anything big enough to be a danger to me.

I feel bad for GF though, targeting in this game is kind of a joke. Glad Unstoppable doesn't require a target or anything.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
    edited May 2013
    spacejew wrote: »
    I run in first as a GWF because I just assume the GF will use his mark on anything big enough to be a danger to me.

I feel bad for GF though, targeting in this game is kind of a joke. Glad Unstoppable doesn't require a target or anything.

if they would just make our mark hit the target on all those around him (aka a ranged threatening rush) and change the rush to a 2 sec taunt with mark. that would pretty much fix our threat. and then remove healing threat. threat/aggro fixed. done.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.
  • maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    until we are actually NEEDED in PVE (or pvp in that manner) I do not agree :)

right now we're the fat kid nobody wants to take to the prom :'(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]