test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Two weeks of farming Tier 2's...

gressikgressik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
It is all starting to finally pay off

*Rubs hands together in an evil wizard fashion*

zEIiZm4.jpg

Personally these days I like the Magelord a bit more for my current build (CC Heavy)

Which sets are you folks running / aiming for and why?
Post edited by gressik on

Comments

• m0ltres23m0ltres23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For PvE you prefer Magelord over Shadow? Have you tried High Vizier yet??
  • gressikgressik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    m0ltres23 wrote: »
    For PvE you prefer Magelord over Shadow? Have you tried High Vizier yet??

I did try the Vizier set out, just not to 4/4...So far my preference is Magelord as I am stacking power / recovery at present, its not a crit build at all.

[Edit]
    One of the reasons being I prefer the defense on Magelord over the deflection on High Vizier.
    edited May 2013
    gressik wrote: »
    I did try the Vizier set out, just not to 4/4...So far my preference is Magelord as I am stacking power / recovery at present, its not a crit build at all.

[Edit]
    One of the reasons being I prefer the defense on Magelord over the deflection on High Vizier.

Yea i think Shadow is better for PvP and the weakest for PvE. And for defense on High Vizier, you get 400 when you have the complete set. And i know it's not on the topic but which dungeon do you think is the best for farming T2?
  • gressikgressik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea i think Shadow is better for PvP and the weakest for PvE. And for defense on High Vizier, you get 400 when you have the complete set. And i know it's not on the topic but which dungeon do you think is the best for farming T2?

For farming...Well, it depends on how good of a group you have...Spellplague will take the longest hands done doesn't matter how good of a group its the largest sized of the dungeons.

Pirate King is the fastest and easiest by far but the worst drops.

Spider Temple is pretty simple and quick to run, definitely easy to farm if your group does not take a long time on Syndreth.

Frozen Heart is fairly easy as well, but the final boss takes a better coordinated group.

Karrundax takes longer than the other two but the final boss difficulty depends entirely on the Wizard/Cleric in the group in my opinion/experience.

If its profit you are after I tend to find that Chest pieces are up all the time, helmets and boots (Spell plague & Frozen Heart) seem to sell the best at least on Beholder.
  • zellistazellista Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

[Edit]
    I am curious though, did you ever consider/try out combining 2 sets? Like 2/4 fatebender + 2/4 magelord for maximum power, or magelord + high vizier for power + recovery. The 4 piece bonuses seems pretty meh atm.
    edited May 2013
    zellista wrote: »
    I am curious though, did you ever consider/try out combining 2 sets? Like 2/4 fatebender + 2/4 magelord for maximum power, or magelord + high vizier for power + recovery. The 4 piece bonuses seems pretty meh atm.

I did consider and try several combinations between the following as 2/4's
    Magelord / Shadow Weaver / High Vizier / Archmage / Fatebender / Focal Magi

But in the end I settled on the 4/4...I am quite fond of both Shadow Weaver / Magelord 4/4 and think it makes a bigger difference than padding my power/crit a little bit more, sure it also raises GS but that is more or less meaningless past 9.2k

Between a full set of Tier 2 and the Castle Never 2/2 set regardless of which stat you have chosen as your primary you should be set on power or critical and plenty of recovery on the side, and then some if you go with a stat buffing companion.
  • violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Planning on trying 2 Shadow Weaver + 2 Focal Magi (I just need the Shadow Weaver helm). All the 4 piece bonuses look really bad to me, which is even more depressing when the GWF I play with is already beating me in damage and just picked up all 4 of his Avatar of War pieces which gives him +1350 power AND recovery when he uses 3 encounter powers.
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like a good build, and yes at times the set bonuses can be a fair bit lame... But with the Shadow Weaver set 4/4 you can look at it as more of a party benefit than just yourself which is by far a lot better than +1350 power / recovery...The lifedrain, sure thats <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. But the Crit severity is amazing if you are running a debuff build with some rogues in the group. Throw a plague fire on and some ray of enfeeblement (Which get MASSIVE ticks) in spell mastery and you will be seeing a difference in how fast bosses drop for sure.
  • violated87violated87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, I'm reconsidering going the 2-2 setup because I think crit is diminishing way too fast. If I got to full Shadow Weaver's I'll gain 52 recovery, 36 power, and 10% crit severity for just 348 crit rating. Already up to close to 200 crit rating per 1% crit, so losing 1.5% crit but gaining 10% more damage on crits seems like a nice trade, especially since I'm averaging about a 45% crit rate overall due to Eye of the Storm. I only have the chest though, and I bought that piece to get it, so hopefully my luck will change. So far the only t2 pieces I've actually looted myself are the Orb of the Arcane Overseer (drop) and Magelord's Cap (delve chest). Everything else I had to purchased on the AH (or through drake seals).
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, for me when I was running my Shadow Weaver's set in PvE crit stopped being worth stacking in the 4,000 range, then I went full recovery and you can just melt things left and right with fast CD's and high crit.

Try getting a vorpal enchant if it suits you and you will see enfeeblement crit for 3.3k-3.5k if you are a renegade build.
  • elminbanelminban Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I prefer Magelord as well, stacking power and recovery is what seems to work, albeit most of our job in tier 2s is knocking mobs off with shield and repeal but meh, you know what I mean ^ ^
    2.jpg
    edited May 2013
    Now if only you would SOCKET YOUR SET ELMINBAN!

Crit, power, either way sans the 4/4 bonus you'll end up with the same amount of recovery which is more than enough if you throw in 2 silvery enchants though not to mention Ioun and Cat companions.
  • tresdyntresdyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    Ok I have to make my first post in here and just need to say. Shadow Weavers 4 set is so amazingly broken for us. It says 10% total crit severity but I have gotten it up to almost 180% crit severity hit Ice Knifes for over 50k.

And not only do you get this buff, but you whole party as well. It is absurdly broken and everyone should get it... PvP, PvE doesn't matter. Shadow Weavers is the best.

Steal Time and Shield in PvE both critting for 18k is amazing for burning adds....

Don't believe me? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ6clkYzkaI
  • necrodaggernecrodagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    congrats on the drops :)
  • wec0wec0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm switching to Magelord from High Vizier. The 4 piece set bonus on High Vizier is current gimped in my opinion. The only "control" abilities that I could get to set it off are Chill Strike and Entangling Force. Tabbed Chill Strike, however, seems to stack the effect on multiple mobs. Even so, I'd prefer the higher uptime of the Magelord bonus.
  • zelkovahzelkovah Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tresdyn wrote: »
    Ok I have to make my first post in here and just need to say. Shadow Weavers 4 set is so amazingly broken for us. It says 10% total crit severity but I have gotten it up to almost 180% crit severity hit Ice Knifes for over 50k.

And not only do you get this buff, but you whole party as well. It is absurdly broken and everyone should get it... PvP, PvE doesn't matter. Shadow Weavers is the best.

Steal Time and Shield in PvE both critting for 18k is amazing for burning adds....

Don't believe me? - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQ6clkYzkaI

Nice....

This game is so ridiculously buggy. Until they fix this bugs respecs should be free. Sigh.
    edited May 2013
    Honestly I can't see that being a bug with the crit severity, the dummies have 0% mitigation and with the default crit severity it is already possible to hit them for 30k-40k (Usually 36k+ myself) and as you can see there are other people debuffing the target for this guy.

I'll attempt to take some screenies later but with high enough power or crit sev you can shield / steal time for over 17k without the Shadow weaver's set, may be possible to reach 20-23k with it on, I'll attempt both today.

(On mitigation debuffed targets ofc)
    edited May 2013
    wec0 wrote: »
    I'm switching to Magelord from High Vizier. The 4 piece set bonus on High Vizier is current gimped in my opinion. The only "control" abilities that I could get to set it off are Chill Strike and Entangling Force. Tabbed Chill Strike, however, seems to stack the effect on multiple mobs. Even so, I'd prefer the higher uptime of the Magelord bonus.

In a dungeon you are supposed to have 3 controls power. Steal time on Tab, Ray of Efeeblement (some say that mitigation counts as a control power because it's a green word) and Shield that push back.
    edited May 2013
    Steal Time as spell mastery? Sounds like a waste to me. But yes, Wizards are not DPS in dungeons they are the CC class of course.
    edited May 2013
    In a dungeon you are supposed to have 3 controls power. Steal time on Tab, Ray of Efeeblement (some say that mitigation counts as a control power because it's a green word) and Shield that push back.

Thank for reminding me what encounters I'm supposed to roll with :) That being said, the 4 piece set bonus STILL doesn't work with Steal Time (or RoE for that matter). I tried every control power I have, and it only procs off of Chill Strike and Entangling Force. There are a couple of the crappy ice encounters that I didn't purchase, so it might work with those.
    edited May 2013
    Steal Time as spell mastery? Sounds like a waste to me. But yes, Wizards are not DPS in dungeons they are the CC class of course.

I switch out my mastery depending on the fight, but the combat advantage group buff is nice for Steal Time. The speed buff is also great for some kiting fights. When I roll with my premade, I tend to roll with it in master, Ray of Enfeeblement, Entangling Force, and Shield.
    edited May 2013

Yea ofc it won't boost your dmg, but as a group you gonna do way more dmg.
  • tresdyntresdyn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited May 2013
    I have screen shots with my crit severity above 166%, when with this 4 set it shouldn't be above 100% (according to the tool tip and feats spec).

So yes, it is bugged, and the bonus is for the WHOLE party.
  • arktourosxarktourosx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 177 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, for me when I was running my Shadow Weaver's set in PvE crit stopped being worth stacking in the 4,000 range, then I went full recovery and you can just melt things left and right with fast CD's and high crit.

Try getting a vorpal enchant if it suits you and you will see enfeeblement crit for 3.3k-3.5k if you are a renegade build.

This is what I was planning. Going for Crit to 4000 with Focal Magi/Shadow Weaver then spending enchants on either getting Recovery to 3000 and then Power seems like the best route to go that I've seen.

I'm only in Focal Magi at this stage but I already out damage a lot of people by focusing on Crit (3400 Crit) and when I focus more on AOE damage (mainly through slotted Chill and Steal Time which still gives me 2 slots for Shield and Ray).
    nwsignature.jpg