test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is Ray of Enfeeblement bugged?

zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Library
I finally got around to testing this ability and the results surprised me.

For a single application of it, it increased damage against the target by 50%. I was surprised on this huge amount of extra damage.

The next thing I did was test having two rays up on a target via the mastery slot. There was no statistical difference in damage between having one stack vs. two stacks. The damage was only increased by 50%.

My guess is the first application is only supposed to do 25% because having a 100% seems incredibly strong.

Any opinions?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by zingarbage on

Comments

• Options
    endlesspillowsendlesspillows Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 92
    edited May 2013
    It's bugged in more way than one. But the "Charges" bug is universal between all classes it seems.
  • Options
    freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    When I tested it I got +25% damage for one application and +50% damage for two....and with full Arcane stacks it lasts 8 seconds, which is awesome.
  • Options
    blatterfestblatterfest Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Shhh... dont tell any1 :p
  • Options
    blatterfestblatterfest Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    But seriously, yah I think this ability is helping with the 'CW is OP' chat that we're hearing... I think they need to check this ability as it seems a bit OP right now.
  • Options
    harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    At least in pvp 2 stacks is significantly more damage. No clue in the PvE world but I run dual ray in 30+ matches a day. You can check my guide for more info on it.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?245542-60-CW-pvp-tips-tricks-PRIDE-Dragon&p=3214432
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    freehugs9 wrote: »
    When I tested it I got +25% damage for one application and +50% damage for two....and with full Arcane stacks it lasts 8 seconds, which is awesome.

Odd. I tested it with both ice ray and magic missile over 20 hits. It was near exactly a 50% increase on both with one application and two applications.

Maybe some other mechanic is making it work differently for me? I can't think of what could be doing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I did some more testing this morning with interesting results.

I wanted to confirm it wasn't an issue with at wills so I used chill strike.

On the test dummies, it performed exactly like the at wills did. One or two stacks increased it by 50%.

In PvP it had much better results. I had a limited sample size, but was able to test it on two different targets. One being a rogue, the other a CW.

In both cases with one stack, it was roughly a 50% increase. With two stacks it was nearly a 100% increase in damage.

Surely this isn't supposed to be such a huge increase in damage taken?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wec0wec0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could the discrepancy have to do with the differing amounts of armor between players in PVP and the test dummy?