test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fix dazing strike

pzg33pzg33 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
edited May 2013 in PvE Discussion
ok. have seen a lot of other people in pvp moaning about this and it is stupid but here goes, this skill cannot be dodged even if you are WAY out range of it. was just fighting a rogue. i was fair bit away from him and he use dazing strike (hello nightcrawler). i teleport as soon as his feet leave the floor (was waiting for it) and then move a few feet AFTER i have ported away. it still hits. . now this is a melee attack and he is NOWHERE NEAR me. unless he has go go gadget arms then this is poorly designed. i have read some post about how worthless the dodging mechanics are in this game, and they are 100% right. its all good for huge floor aoe, for pretty much anything else no. now im asking for rogues nerfs(thier range dmg flat needs nerfing tho) but this is a super annoying thing. it lowers the skill of pvp (which is already pretty much i hit you harder WIN!!!) even more than it is.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tacc4990tacc4990 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    pzg33 wrote: »
    ok. have seen a lot of other people in pvp moaning about this and it is stupid but here goes, this skill cannot be dodged even if you are WAY out range of it. was just fighting a rogue. i was fair bit away from him and he use dazing strike (hello nightcrawler). i teleport as soon as his feet leave the floor (was waiting for it) and then move a few feet AFTER i have ported away. it still hits. . now this is a melee attack and he is NOWHERE NEAR me. unless he has go go gadget arms then this is poorly designed. i have read some post about how worthless the dodging mechanics are in this game, and they are 100% right. its all good for huge floor aoe, for pretty much anything else no. now im asking for rogues nerfs(thier range dmg flat needs nerfing tho) but this is a super annoying thing. it lowers the skill of pvp (which is already pretty much i hit you harder WIN!!!) even more than it is.
    Somebody got killed by a Rogue now they're on the forums crying. Like we haven't seen this exact same thing happen 5 million times before.

I dodge dazing strike all the time. Rogues are nowhere near the most overpowered class in PvP right now. I'm sorry you got killed. Would you like a hug?
  • jnaathrajnaathra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Ping might have something to do with it. Where you are on your screen, isn't always where the server says you are.
    Scout Tragold - "I haven't lived this long by being brave... it's just another word for stupid."
  • nawdlenawdle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    I have to agree with this problem. I am in Australia, so I'm constantly on 350 ping, but often I predict the attack/am just running away anyway, so have started dodging before he even jumps. Regardless of ping, that's at least time for me to be wayy out of range, but I still get cleaned up. I wouldn't mind so much but bloody rogues dodge my (ranged) daily all the time...
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    is very easy dodge dazing strike but if u have a hight ping(practically everyone except the Americans) for sure u can t evade it.
    If u not live in the USA this game is frustating
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think it also has to do with the clunkiness of Dodge.

Sometimes you can't just dodge IMMEDIATELY, because some animations lock you for a split second.

That and the iFrame on dodge is so incredibly small, stuff will just hit you mid teleport since the iFrame is like, only when you START teleporting.
  • sepheresephere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Really, can't be dodged?!
    I don't know about pvp, but I started a rogue again for pve, and let me tell you,
    if I don't time it right (especially in groups if someone else has the monster's attention),
    they can dodge it quite well, just by moving when I'm in the air,
    and it happens so often (well not all the time, but often enough),
    that it's rather annoying how often monsters can physically 'dodge' it.

So you can 'dodge' it by physically moving away at the right time,
    and getting the timing right may be difficult, but it is possible
  • sotsotzaiisotsotzaii Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 60
    edited May 2013
    It DOESN'T HITS ! I'm a TR myself, and I've been playing PvP for quite sometime, you can easily dodge DS, which is stupid in some ways but I don't whine about it. You can dodge by moving at the correct time, and basically, to put it simple, CW will never get hit by DS, because they can just teleport away all the time. Stop complaining about TR and better still, LEARN TO PLAY.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I'd rather not be alone, because I value friendships more than anything else.
    Proud to be a part of
    Graviora Manent