test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When did Sharing go out of style?

ajaka13ajaka13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just a little while ago, I happened to enter one of the fine dungeons that the devs have worked so hard on to make challenging, as well as balanced with the loot drops of both green and blue items. As we, the player base knows, blues are what you would really like to drop for your class.

As an MMO community, I learned long long ago on Ultima Online, that sometimes, the community has to police themselves. That said, I'm putting this out there for the community to read and know about. (Editting name, but keeping it for those that might be interested)) was not just punching the need button on everything that came up, but he was doing such at the end of the dungeon, he was playing a Rogue, and a blue Control Wizard item came in. Do not get me wrong, if a wizard had not been in the party, it would be one thing, but there was one in this case.

I know that when my daughter learned to share with others at the age of two, I was so proud that she had learned to do that with another child. It's sad that sharing seems to have gone out of style. My suggestion fellow players of Neverwinter, put this person on your ignore list, and as well, if you see him doing his antics once again.....kick him from your party if you are group leader.
Post edited by ajaka13 on

Comments

• Options
    reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    probally one of those loot ninjas i rarely need in a dungeon even if its something i could use
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sharing went out of style when some fool decided that everything in this game should be bind on equip. Meaning everything loot-wise is fair game to the younger generations of today who don't understand the concept of selfish, as entitlement is all they know.

Then of course everyone else has to do the same because that's the only chance they have of obtaining loot. Sharing? Game Over man.

btw, edit your post and remove the name. naming and shaming is against the rules ( not that i agree with that. shame them all, the more the merrier )
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    hardway01hardway01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sad part is you'll end up in more trouble for posting his name then he will for taking the items. Kids learned long ago that they can do whatever they want online. Such is life.
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    ajaka13 wrote: »
    Just a little while ago, I happened to enter one of the fine dungeons that the devs have worked so hard on to make challenging, as well as balanced with the loot drops of both green and blue items. As we, the player base knows, blues are what you would really like to drop for your class.

As an MMO community, I learned long long ago on Ultima Online, that sometimes, the community has to police themselves. That said, I'm putting this out there for the community to read and know about. KORZOFKORZ@KORZOFKORZ was not just punching the need button on everything that came up, but he was doing such at the end of the dungeon, he was playing a Rogue, and a blue Control Wizard item came in. Do not get me wrong, if a wizard had not been in the party, it would be one thing, but there was one in this case.

I know that when my daughter learned to share with others at the age of two, I was so proud that she had learned to do that with another child. It's sad that sharing seems to have gone out of style. My suggestion fellow players of Neverwinter, put this person on your ignore list, and as well, if you see him doing his antics once again.....kick him from your party if you are group leader.

This happens in all mmo's these days. There is no fix for it, but one thing that makes it so rampant here is that the coin dropped in dungeons (coppers, silver, gold) is almost useless. However, you need billions of astral diamonds to do anything (yes I am exaggerating). How do you get billions of AD? Ninja loot and sell it in the AH. If that AH paid out in gold instead of AD's this wouldn't be as big of an issue.
  • Options
    anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    As we, the player base knows, blues are what you would really like to drop for your class.

(Editting name)) was not just punching the need button on everything that came up, but he was doing such at the end of the dungeon, he was playing a Rogue, and a blue Control Wizard item came in. Do not get me wrong, if a wizard had not been in the party, it would be one thing, but there was one in this case.
    Part of the solution is, the devs need to remove the option of "Need" whenever the item is unusable by the players class. Either Greed or Pass.

Likewise, the pertinent class, if any are present, needs to get first dibs.

The game itself lacks a good sharing mechanic. My Wizard partied up with another Wizard, Articane. I had alot fun. I was uncertain what to do with the items we go, tho. There were items that I did need. The problem was, I couldnt tell if she needed them too. If I passed on an item, she might have passed too, in which case I wish I took it. Oppositely, I wish she would have gotten a chance on a good item that she needed, especially when I already got good items, that I definitely needed.
  • Options
    anashimanashim Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    What would the ideal sharing mechanic look like?

- Everyone can see what the total items available are.
    - Only the pertinent classes get a first pass at an item.
    - When the needs are done, the rest gets divied up equally, or if odd items are left over, randomly.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    The vast majority have not paid a cent, do you think anything will change?
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

As an MMO community, I learned long long ago on Ultima Online, that sometimes, the community has to police themselves. That said, I'm putting this out there for the community to read and know about. (Editting name, but keeping it for those that might be interested)) was not just punching the need button on everything that came up, but he was doing such at the end of the dungeon, he was playing a Rogue, and a blue Control Wizard item came in. Do not get me wrong, if a wizard had not been in the party, it would be one thing, but there was one in this case.

When the warcraft generation was spawned.... you know.. when broadband reached the trailer parks.. and Walmart started selling PCs.
  • Options
    elwardenfelwardenf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Have played a few games over the years.... ROM, LOTRO and DDO and THIS ONE.

In these other games, if you looted something that was not for your class you were shamed in world chat. Depending on the number of times you did it, you would eventually find nobody to party with.

the community in LOTRO seems more mature (based on the zone chat I read here), and did not take anything they could not use. Maybe I got lucky.

Unless you group with a bunch of guild mates, find that looting rules in parties really sucks here - that is the application of, by people in the party. Now I only need to a guild.

PS. I can post replies, but can't start a thread. WHY?
  • Options
    ajaka13ajaka13 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I love the community of MMO's. We all come together in order to play a game, based on a system that we know and love already, i.e. Star Wars, Star Trek and so forth. This is based on a gaming system that came out in the 70's so it's a massive pool of people. You SHARED the experience, not just the points to advance your character, but shared the fun with friends and making new friends around a table.

It comes down to morals I think. I'm playing a Guardian, I don't wear robes, so it SHOULD go to a wizard. They're doing their job with their end of the dps. Just like I don't go after a dagger if it drops.
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I see this all the time. I hate to "Need" on anything unless it is for my class. Even then I debate whether it is a good upgrade or a minimal upgrade. Usually if it is minimal and there is someone else in the group that can use it I will greed.
    However I have got to the point where I wait for people to roll. If everyone greeds, I do as well. However if I notice a trend of some Dbag needing on everything I will start to go need. Not because I need it necessarily, but more because I don't wan't said a** to get it.

It is unfortunate but the only way to get a fair shot is everyone roll need. Then if you win a class item, be kind enough to give it to the person of that class in your group. Kindness can be contagious.
  • Options
    bringerofreddawnbringerofreddawn Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    There should be a special voting dialogue at the beginning of the dungeon.
    "Are you a ******bag?"
    If a single person votes 'Yes', all Greed rolls become Need rolls.
    If all people vote 'No', the team can temp-ban any team member with a 4-1 vote if he does something stupid.
    Want that item you don't need? Sure thing, buddy, take a week off from the game =)

/not_an_actual_suggestion
  • Options
    dtrain69dtrain69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    s-h-a-r-i-n-g........ ?
  • Options
    mustgofartmustgofart Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013

June 29, 2000

Diablo II, Release date
    20.jpg