test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Socket Unbinding Costs Need To Change

knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The way it works now pretty much harshly punishes any sort of enchant progression.

Taking like 180k AD just to remove an Enchant is silly. I could understand for "RECOVERING" said enchant, but it should be free to just override the current socketed enchant with a new one, destroying it. For the most part it's way cheaper to just buy a whole new piece of gear than to unbind a socket.

edit : nm, you can override apparently. =p

I think the costs should scale correctly though, it's never worth retrieving anything other than super expensive enchants.
Post edited by knoteskad on

Comments

• vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    With the cost of enchants already high, this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> needs to be free.
  • speedstersonicspeedstersonic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lol it's cheaper to rebuy it off the AH most of the time than to unsocket which is pathetic.
  • iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Lol it's cheaper to rebuy it off the AH most of the time than to unsocket which is pathetic.
    i was thinking about this the other day, the system is a joke and i don't know why they fee is ridiculousy high. i know they need money sinks(AD sink) but a little common sense in pricing wouldn't hurt.
    Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
  • quorforgedquorforged Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »
    The way it works now pretty much harshly punishes any sort of enchant progression.

Taking like 180k AD just to remove an Enchant is silly. I could understand for "RECOVERING" said enchant, but it should be free to just override the current socketed enchant with a new one, destroying it. For the most part it's way cheaper to just buy a whole new piece of gear than to unbind a socket.

You can overwrite it. Just open the Enchant Item box, and drag the new one over on top of it.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    remove enchant and keep enchant = AD cost
    put one enchant over another enchant = free (requires drag n drop of new enchant)

The popup stated the AD cost was to remove the enchant thus saving it for AD cost.

replace Rune with Enchant for pets.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    The costs is the main reason I don't use the sockets while levelling as its just too expensive as items have a short life before being replaced.
  • fr0gurtfr0gurt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I think there is some confusion here because the Enchant button only gives you the Unbind option when an enchantment is already slotted, with no indication of a destroy-and-replace option. That should be regarded as an interface error.

While leveling up, I just put in "junk" enchantments and don't bother retrieving them.
  • jetahjetah Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You have to drag the new enchant over the old one. the unbind is only for removing the enchant.
    it works the UI sucks.
    Open the Launcher. Click Options near the top. Check Disable on-demand patching. This will download another couple of gigs.

Ability Scores || All Attribute Roll Combinations || My Cleric Stream \o/
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited May 2013
    Oh, ****. I didn't know you could just drag and drop over. Good to know.
  • robertthebardrobertthebard Member Posts: 543 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    fr0gurt wrote: »
    I think there is some confusion here because the Enchant button only gives you the Unbind option when an enchantment is already slotted, with no indication of a destroy-and-replace option. That should be regarded as an interface error.

While leveling up, I just put in "junk" enchantments and don't bother retrieving them.

That's what I do, and then just vendor the replaced gear. I just get an extra prompt about selling it.
    Reading comprehension is essential in a medium that requires reading for communication.
  • thelgowthelgow Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    Yea these costs.
    I was thinking about renaming my Companion.
    Or unequipping. Much cheaper to just buy another cleric either gold or on AH.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    You have to drag the new enchant over the old one. the unbind is only for removing the enchant.
    it works the UI sucks.

I was actually wondering about this. Good to know you can. Thanks.
  • knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    quorforged wrote: »
    You can overwrite it. Just open the Enchant Item box, and drag the new one over on top of it.

Oh well thank god for that then lol.

Thank you.

Last time I tried it didn't seem to work, so maybe I just screwed up.
  • deathyddeathyd Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    jetah wrote: »
    remove enchant and keep enchant = AD cost
    put one enchant over another enchant = free (requires drag n drop of new enchant)

The popup stated the AD cost was to remove the enchant thus saving it for AD cost.

replace Rune with Enchant for pets.
    You sir, are a god among men. I can't believe I never knew this.
  • cetra07cetra07 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    knoteskad wrote: »

edit : nm, you can override apparently. =p

I think the costs should scale correctly though, it's never worth retrieving anything other than super expensive enchants.

agreed. 250k just to remove a green weapon enchant. what the hell. Dont get fooled by the F2P of Neverwinter. You will pay more in the first 1 month or even 1-2 wks than any other mmo you have played for years. Its a money sucking game.
  • smkymtndudesmkymtndude Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I agree, I usually just destroy em or sell the piece with them still in it, if I were to try to remove and save them all I'd never have any AD!
  • thewobeythewobey Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    startux wrote: »
    The costs is the main reason I don't use the sockets while levelling as its just too expensive as items have a short life before being replaced.

That seems silly the bonus you get is pretty good, plus enchants drop like candy everywhere.. I put enchants in all my stuff as leveling because having every gear sloted with an echant is a good chunk of stats makes leveling even easier/faster
  • vaelosvaelos Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's fantastic but the problem is not overwriting enchants on gear you are going to trash, it's getting good enchants that already cost several Coalescents to create off of gear you want to replace.
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    /signed , thi system suck
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • startuxstartux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 49
    edited May 2013
    thewobey wrote: »
    That seems silly the bonus you get is pretty good, plus enchants drop like candy everywhere.. I put enchants in all my stuff as leveling because having every gear sloted with an echant is a good chunk of stats makes leveling even easier/faster

Not silly when you keep trying to combine them to make them more powerful. You did realize that didn't you? And the more powerful the enchantment the more AD it cost to remove (Placing one echantment over the old destroys the current slotted enchantment), so with adding them to slots and upgrading items often when levelling it costs a lot of AD. Simple.
  • girraxgirrax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, after getting my main at 30 down to like 500 AD, mostly from unbinding enchants on gear and my pets, I've pretty much decided to just toss level 1 enchants in everything and then say goodbye to them. The pricing scale is just waaaaaaaaay too high right now.