test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PWE Needs to Make This a Priority to fix

lyyfelyyfe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The dungeon queue system is a complete fail. They need to make sure there is a tank and healer in every group. I would rather wait longer to queue and only have to do it once than to have to queue multiple times to get a viable group. Secondly there needs to be a way to queue in another member if someone disconnects or leaves the group. This needs to happen asap.
On another note the afk'ing in pvp is simply out of control. Make the daily a win to progress and not just play PLEASE.
Post edited by lyyfe on

Comments

• rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lyyfe wrote: »
    On another note the afk'ing in pvp is simply out of control. Make the daily a win to progress and not just play PLEASE.

I really don't think that is the solution. Then you'll have griefers just joining random groups and sitting there so that others can't get the reward. Or others hoping they'll get in a group that can win despite them being AFK because hey it doesn't involve much effort. Don't think it wont happen because it will. There's other ways to address the issue and still give people that actually participate in the event as designed get something out of it. I'd start looking at those solutions first.
  • lyyfelyyfe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please fix this
  • sixvoltsixvolt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The dungeon queue system is a complete fail. They need to make sure there is a tank and healer in every group. I would rather wait longer to queue and only have to do it once than to have to queue multiple times to get a viable group. Secondly there needs to be a way to queue in another member if someone disconnects or leaves the group. This needs to happen asap.

Agree that the queue system is slightly lacking in certain areas. Though the whole making it a win to count for the daily wouldn't do a **** thing to stifle afk farming, that's putting a band aid on a 4 inch laceration since the whole point of afk glory farming isn't solely to do the daily.
  • dragonmage2010dragonmage2010 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    a good solution to the group queue system would to for people to be able to see what classes are in the group they were be joining rather than chance it and see who they get.
  • borneolborneol Member Posts: 174 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rapticor wrote: »
    I really don't think that is the solution. Then you'll have griefers just joining random groups and sitting there so that others can't get the reward. Or others hoping they'll get in a group that can win despite them being AFK because hey it doesn't involve much effort. Don't think it wont happen because it will. There's other ways to address the issue and still give people that actually participate in the event as designed get something out of it. I'd start looking at those solutions first.

What happened in SWTOR when they tried that was that people started quitting instantly if it didn't look like a win. It's definitely not the right solution. I think the only real way is to implement multiple mechanics that detect people being AFK. No automated system works against bots though so there will always be some of that going on.
  • chuckwolfchuckwolf Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I can live without having 1 of each in a dungeon instance. What I can't live with is the dungeon queues being limited to a certain narrow level range. I've outleveled 2 of the dungeons simply by doing the regular mission chain to queue for them when I actually got the mission for them. instead having to look for a group myself, it's annoying. I would understand if I was a level 60 doing dungeons but this is the regular mission chain dungeons.
    @Powerblast in game
  • deathyddeathyd Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Certain low level dungeons are very possible without a dedicated tank or healer, but at high end levels, it just doesn't work. And not being able to fill spots is also frustrating beyond belief.

I support this whole heartily.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

Let's not force a tank on groups out of pity. Entire player base doesn't need to be punished :D
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • fongadorfongador Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    chuckwolf wrote: »
    I can live without having 1 of each in a dungeon instance. What I can't live with is the dungeon queues being limited to a certain narrow level range. I've outleveled 2 of the dungeons simply by doing the regular mission chain to queue for them when I actually got the mission for them. instead having to look for a group myself, it's annoying. I would understand if I was a level 60 doing dungeons but this is the regular mission chain dungeons.

Yeah it is pretty annoying. You can easily outlevel them simply doing the other dailies and normal questing. You can still enter these on your own anywhow so not sure why they made such a small range on the levels possible to use the dungeon queue for them.
  • calaminthacalamintha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I still don't understand why skirmishes have to have a tank (unless you queue with a 5-man group) but instances don't.
  • supp1shsupp1sh Member Posts: 55
    edited May 2013
    bump for the dungeon queue fix.

and please just add vote kick for pvp and add in that you have to do so much damage or take so much damage to earn participation (wouldn't that fix it)
    MAKE MARK HIT ENEMY AND ALL ENEMIES AROUND IT.
    MAKE THREATENING RUSH A 2-3 SECOND TAUNT THAT STILL MARKS THE SAME WAY.
    REMOVE HEALING AGGRO.