test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quick fix for low fps/spikes

khraktikhrakti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since it's an ongoing issue with almost everyone, and I personally took a huge hit every since I think may 13 or 14th...at least if you use windows 7 set the game to run in win xp sp3 compatibility. You won't have any sound (wont matter if you listen to music really) and I don't have anymore hangups and can run on max settings. Normally both sliders to the left doesn't do anything but make me gain 2 fps compared to settings at full. Read this over on the other forums so credit to whoever it was.
Post edited by khrakti on

Comments

• infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously I kid you not. I got nearly 3 level 60ies, and on each every run, ive had HUGE spikes once ive encountered Mimics.

yeah frickin Mimics!

I would open the chest, and BOOM I drop to like 10 frames and its nearly killing me!

weird man
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • thehadrielthehadriel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Playing in Windows XP compatibility mode actually lowers my FPS.
  • jacopinenjacopinen Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this doesn't work for me.... i have a "recent" computer he can run skyrim at 60 fps with no problem but this not i have huge lag of fps and i dont know why
  • khraktikhrakti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    guess it wont work for anyone. I don't have a decent computer, just has an updated graphics card but yea it could run crysis 3 and skyrim with 100+ addons but they did something to it around may 13/14th when everyone took hits that didnt care about your computer. Hopefully they are working on it but they seem awfully quiet about things like that. Hopefully a fix comes soon as I love the game but find it very hard to play for more than 20 minutes =(