test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What exactly is my role as GF?

efioanaesefioanaes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
So my GF is only lvl 48 at the moment and i am enjoying leveling it so far but after readin some guides and countless threads on here im still unsure of my role.

Ill quote from Envy`s excellent guide.

Most fights are done with a Rogue solo'ing the boss, while you, the cleric, the wizard, and the weapon fighter are on add control. Your job is to gather up all the adds and make sure they're in one nice little spot to be AoE bursted. If you don't like that then I'm sorry, complain to Cryptic because it's the most efficient way of handling T2s at the moment.

Can someone in the know please advise me if the above quote is indeed still the case?
Its not that i dont Envy but id just like some more opinions on the matter.

Im really enjoying my time with the game so far but the two classes ive rolled and the classes i normally roll in my MMO`s seem to have major issues.

My other class the Cleric is lvl 39 right now and ive sort of benched her for now because im tired of being an agro magnet and runnign around trying to escape from mobs in dungeons.
Post edited by efioanaes on

Comments

• khail33khail33 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not really. It all depends on the team composition and coordination. He says most fights, but that's not the case with Karrundax the Red. On this fight your job is to gather all adds and tank them in the opposite side while the healer stays in the middle of the arena healing you and the group. The rest of the dps can handle the dragon dodging mechanics (Cone Breath, AoE Knockback and Fear). The adds spawn instantly so is kinda pointless to kill them over and over.
  • solresolsolresol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    In PvP, keep everyone busy long enough for some DPS allies to show up and assist. I feel like a giant Mammoth taking hit after hit, staggering and not going down lol! Then again for now I'm spec'd "all about hit points and defence"
  • seychirouseychirou Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait you benched someone for being a aggromagnet you go play a tank, wait what.
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Here you go my friend, 1v1 the boss because you are a GF and you can. :)

2Uybi.png

2UyAC.png

2Uz1A.jpg

Envy has timeless set which requires him to stack crit, I've got 3k crit without stacks and one heal from a cleric would give me 10k power due to feats/build.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • braemarbraemar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    one heal from a cleric would give me 10k power due to feats/build.

Can i ask you which feat/build can give you that 10k power when healed? i'm trying out two different specs, the one with full t1 (8k power for free) and one with the same items you've got there (almost) but i didnt see anything that gives you 10k power when healed xD
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I is the lazy, maiku@maiku217 pm me in-game.
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • khail33khail33 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Permission to quote maiku in every QQ thread from this forum? I am kidding, see that's the pure evidence that GF is highly viable and needed for T2. By the way do you get loot from the brain?
  • kadeikadei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maiku217 wrote: »
    Here you go my friend, 1v1 the boss because you are a GF and you can. :)

2Uybi.png

2UyAC.png

2Uz1A.jpg

Envy has timeless set which requires him to stack crit, I've got 3k crit without stacks and one heal from a cleric would give me 10k power due to feats/build.

this look a fake i cant understand how he has only 1800 def :/
  • thugmarthugmar Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Honestly your point in game is minimal. Once you have great gear at 60 you can produce high dps numbers, but simply put we are not NEEDED. That does not suggest that we can not play the class, but there is pretty much nothing that cant be done without you present. In many cases it is superior to include a second cleric rather than a GF, or a GWF who handles the "tanking" role.

And DPS is pretty pointless when ours is largely based on aoe dmg, and in many situations you can simply fling things off the board to avoid bothering with silly things like how many hit points the mob has.

You do however serve a purpose in pvp, it is the only place I enjoy playing my GF at 60 honestly.
    edited May 2013
    kadei wrote: »
    this look a fake i cant understand how he has only 1800 def :/

Let me tell you a secret but don't tell anyone else.. greater stone of health. :)
    ElfenLiedSig.gif