test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Most non in game talking community ever!

john242424john242424 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have played many MMO's in my life and this is the most silent crowd (accept on the forums) I have ever experienced. Nobody says anything EVER, when you group, or do dungeons, or pvp, skirmishes etc. Does nobody have anything to say?

Oh that's right, you are all probably burned out on all the useless social media we have today. But seriously, very quiet in the Neverwinter game community when in groups. Just an observation of this game I have noticed and I'm wondering why?
Frosted Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious!
Post edited by john242424 on

Comments

• Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    john242424 wrote: »
    I have played many MMO's in my life and this is the most silent crowd (accept on the forums) I have ever experienced. Nobody says anything EVER, when you group, or do dungeons, or pvp, skirmishes etc. Does nobody have anything to say?

Oh that's right, you are all probably burned out on all the useless social media we have today. But seriously, very quiet in the Neverwinter game community when in groups. Just an observation of this game I have noticed and I'm wondering why?

Because most people in groups likely give no **** you exist and just want the purple at the end of the dungeon
  • Options
    lollielollie Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Communication is pointless - there is only loot rolls >.<
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    wingofbenu wrote: »
    Because most people in groups likely give no **** you exist and just want the purple at the end of the dungeon

Everybody should care that the healer exists otherwise there will be no purple at the end of the dungeon...:p
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If there is no purple at the end of the dungeon then it is the healer's fault.
  • Options
    granatargranatar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have seen the it very chatty. a few pugs people were talking and guilds appear very chatty as well. I won't even being to talk about the PE chat.
  • Options
    alchemydevilalchemydevil Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Defiance is worse than this :)
  • Options
    wingofbenuwingofbenu Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Everybody should care that the healer exists otherwise there will be no purple at the end of the dungeon...:p

My point was more a joke on the fact quite a few MMO players only care about loot, and acquiring loot. Not so much people.
  • Options
    hardway01hardway01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its the new breed of "rush to the end game purples" crowd. They have nothing to say because they won't know you or even be playing this game anymore in a few weeks.

Whats the point?
  • Options
    rhime2rhime2 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would chat more in groups, but apparently the ingame voip has been disabled until further notice(correct me if I'm wrong...) and typing more than a hello seems pointless and very tough when I'm busy slaying multiple mobs etc...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hardway01 wrote: »
    Its the new breed of "rush to the end game purples" crowd. They have nothing to say because they won't know you or even be playing this game anymore in a few weeks.

Whats the point?

The point is massively multiplayer online game. You can't tell me it's not more fun when you have a group that talks and communicates? I'm not making a big deal out of it, it's just something in this game that I have noticed.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Talking gets you killed, or behind the group who are running on up ahead. This game is not social, it's a race for the purples.

If you want to talk join a guild with some kind of voicechat ffs. Thread over.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The point is massively multiplayer online game. You can't tell me it's not more fun when you have a group that talks and communicates? I'm not making a big deal out of it, it's just something in this game that I have noticed.

I understand what your needs are, may I suggest a guild to fulfill that desire to communicate? Most mainstream players as mentioned by other replies are not interested in making friends or chatting, but, you will find the players that choose to join a guild are more likely to be sociable than those that don't.
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013

If the rest of the community is as bad as the forum community this might be a blessing.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I understand what your needs are, may I suggest a guild to fulfill that desire to communicate? Most mainstream players as mentioned by other replies are not interested in making friends or chatting, but, you will find the players that choose to join a guild are more likely to be sociable than those that don't.

I'm in a guild, a very good one with vent. I don't have any needs, this is just an observation by me of this game that seems a lot less talkative than most MMO's I have played.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm in a guild, a very good one with vent. I don't have any needs, this is just an observation by me of this game that seems a lot less talkative than most MMO's I have played.

Unfortunately, what you are observing is the future of online gaming. A sad realization I know, but a simple truth none the less.
  • Options
    hardway01hardway01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Its way more fun when people talk. However the average player does NOT want to talk. They are not playing the game to play with other people. They want the thrill of seeing their level go up or acquiring that new piece of gear. Me and a buddy came up with the term the "pursuit of uberness" and its all most player really even turn the game on for. Its also why these games allow players quick and easy access to levels, gear, content and generally anything that covers that progression based style of quick reward for minor work style of game play.

Talking just slows that down. Add in that the average player is also most likely listening to music, watching a video on another monitor, talking to friends on Skype/voice chat or generally not providing the game more then 65% of their attention and now in game text chat is more annoying to have to pay attention to then not. Its our culture in and out of games. People don't want to talk anymore. Some do... most do not. Talking just slows down the progress towards whatever self interest the individual is currently perusing.

Its not for the better but the attitude isn't going to change anytime soon. In fact its getting worse and worse over time. Its things like this that remind me being "old" is honestly better then being a 20 something or heaven forbid a teenager these days.
  • Options
    dynamicdyanmitedynamicdyanmite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    My problem is that I talk TOO much :S

I end up falling behind because of my furious typing.
  • Options
    tikorumbleguttikorumblegut Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Unfortunately, what you are observing is the future of online gaming. A sad realization I know, but a simple truth none the less.

And quite a shame it is. As society becomes more "me, me", "gimmie now!" and "you don't matter, only me!" it becomes more depressing. You can even see it with some of the replies in this thread.

This is why I never pug, which is a shame since we used to meet a lot of neat people from around the world that way.
    Oh well, such is life I guess. But that doesn't mean we have to settle!

Tiko
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Then the PS4 is screwed. Their big selling point is the social aspects of the console. And I didn't say I don't understand this trend, I quit keeping a friends list 3 years ago, I had already had enough dealing with the (insert whatever you want here)
  • Options
    pilf3rpilf3r Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Whats the point?

This is accentuated by the fact that the group system sucks badly, You never know who is going to be in your party or much less if you will ever group with these people again so why give a frack? At least this is what most people think I beleive.

If we had a better grouping system like DDO I think this might not be so bad as you could "choose" which groups you join and come to recognize people that pug often etc.

On the whole the system seems designed to make you rush to cap spend some cash and then goodbye and on to next!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Neverwinter Thieves Guild
  • Options
    callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Havent noticed this when i pug which is rarely..

Typing ingame is fine but im used to voice comm.. Thats just how it goes.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Its way more fun when people talk. However the average player does NOT want to talk. They are not playing the game to play with other people. They want the thrill of seeing their level go up or acquiring that new piece of gear. Me and a buddy came up with the term the "pursuit of uberness" and its all most player really even turn the game on for. Its also why these games allow players quick and easy access to levels, gear, content and generally anything that covers that progression based style of quick reward for minor work style of game play.

Talking just slows that down. Add in that the average player is also most likely listening to music, watching a video on another monitor, talking to friends on Skype/voice chat or generally not providing the game more then 65% of their attention and now in game text chat is more annoying to have to pay attention to then not. Its our culture in and out of games. People don't want to talk anymore. Some do... most do not. Talking just slows down the progress towards whatever self interest the individual is currently perusing.

Its not for the better but the attitude isn't going to change anytime soon. In fact its getting worse and worse over time. Its things like this that remind me being "old" is honestly better then being a 20 something or heaven forbid a teenager these days.

Amen

/10char.
  • Options
    arrowmaticarrowmatic Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lollie wrote: »
    This game is not social, it's a race for the purples. If you want to talk join a guild with some kind of voicechat ffs. Thread over.

OP, say hello to the problem. The more MMO games tend toward being amusement park rides where they hold your hand and lead you from Fun A to Fun B, the more people like this become the target audience. There's not much to be done about it except to find a guild populated by social, actual people.
  • Options
    mic281mic281 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 115 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Defiance is worse than this :)

Yea it is. I didn't even know that game had a chat window at first.