test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to heal, tank and survive.

giantdoggiantdog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2013 in The Temple
I've healed all T1/2 instances solo and with double DC. People have been constantly asking me what I've been doing (atleast on my server) when I pug dungeon delves here and there. As a cleric you're going to have to learn how to kite, tank and heal all at the same time. My gear now is pretty much BiS and I'm sitting at 28000 hp, 4k power 3k crit 2.2k defense and 4k recovery. However, I started in tier 1 dungeons and worked my way into tier 2s doing the same thing so this is all doable for someone who just recently hit 60.

Heroic Feats:
The 2 main things that to me are most important are 3/3 Toughness for an extra 9% hp and 3/3 Holy Resolve. I personally wouldn't waste any points into Battlewise our threat reduction talent because you'll want the aggro on you anyway so you can kite mobs. The other feats are pretty easy you can just do w/e as long as long as you have Toughness and Holy resolve.

Paragon Feats:
I put 1 point into Rising Hope so 1/5 so whenever I go into Divine Mode and cast an encounter power I have a chance to get 15% power and recovery for 30 seconds. You go into Divine Mode and spam encounter powers so much that even at 1/5 I find that this proc is always on you anyway. Next I went 5/5 Divine Advantage (someone somewhere is getting hit by a mob with combat advantage on them) However, I feel that 5/5 Righteous Rage of Tempus is also a good choice so you can't really go wrong with either of these especially if you run 2 DCs in your group and do a little more damage Tempus is a good choice. Then of course 4/5 Ethereal Boon. This feat is AMAZING probably my favorite feat ever that's why I only do the 1 point into Rising hope so that I can make sure to get 4/5 Etheral Boon. Finally moving to Faithful Paragon line I went 5/5 Enduring Relief, 5/5 foresight, 5/5 Invigorated Healing (this is a must have for Sunburst Spam and for Astral Shield) 5/5 Moon Touched (on most fights I can keep Hallowed Ground up 24/7) and then 1/1 Greater Divine Power. That's pretty much the breakdown of my feats and what I feel is important for my play style.

Powers:
For my powers I'll have Astral Shield, Sunburst and depending on if I'm running a 2 DC group I'll use Daunting Light for my 3rd encounter power and if I'm the only DC in group I'll most likely run Forgemaster Flame. With a couple good Sunbursts your AP should be full and you can drop Hallowed Ground. For class features I run Foresight (I have feats into this) and Divine Fortune. I'll drop Divine Fortune if I have a second DC with me and throw in Holy Fervor. Daily powers are Hallowed Ground and Flame Strike (my guilty pleasure even though HG is always better :P)

Armor, Weapons and Enchants:
For my armor I use the 4 piece Miracle Healer set and with 28000 hit points whenever I pop off an encounter power I heal everyone around for 1400 hp. For my armor enchant I use Soulforged and just love it. This is probably the best armor enchant for like every class in the game. For weapon enchant I use Holy Avenger mainly because I haven't really found anything else that's good.

Healing:
For healing you're pretty much keeping Astral Shield up and giving people Invigorated Healing, spamming Sunburst for more Invigorated Healing which is healing 2.5% of peoples max health and the whole time your 4p miracle healer set is going off healing people for 1400 or w/e 5% of your max hp is. You're keeping Hallowed Ground up for damage resist and 5% of your max hp being healed every 3 seconds. I pretty much try to kite inside my Astral Shield as much as possible constantly sliding around to avoid big hits or AEs. I pretty much do this on most boss fights and it works well, minus the final boss of Frozen Heart where I kite all the adds and the 3rd boss of Castle Never where again I kite all the adds. I've found the best healing is constant preemptive heals that keep people topped off. Hopefully this helps some people or at least gives people some food for thought on any healing mechanics they may have overlooked.
Post edited by giantdog on

Comments

• Options
    theisingguytheisingguy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for posting this, do you mind posting a screenshot of your power page? What's attribute point distribution like? Thanks!
  • Options
    fugenchutenzfugenchutenz Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wall of text looses aggro and crits your DF for 50K.
  • Options
    octopusbreadguyoctopusbreadguy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    TLDR:Have Max gear and you'll be a good healer
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    TLDR:Have Max gear and you'll be a good healer

The gear isn't actually that critical, it just helps. Its accepting that you are the kite-tank and working with it instead of against it that makes you a good 'healer' (you're really more of a 'damage preventer' with some 'damage healer' on the side).

@OP
    I agree with what you said almost completely. The only thing I really have different at this point is some odd-ball gear choices that got me 1,411 regeneration while still having 3k power, 2.2k crit (33% crit chance total), 2k defense, 614 deflect, and 26,926 health. (working on a gear video to show how I got this).

I also put a Greater Vorpal in my weapon because the 60 second CD on Holy Avenger was a real turn off for me. Vorpal gets me bigger heal crits and crit-heals from Repurpose soul and Forgemaster's Flame. I also love Soulforged, such a wonderful armor enchant.
  • Options
    giantdoggiantdog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thank you for posting this, do you mind posting a screenshot of your power page? What's attribute point distribution like? Thanks!

I'm human and my final stats are 24 wisdom 22 charisma
  • Options
    blahblahseanblahblahsean Member Posts: 94
    edited May 2013
    Mind posting a screenshot of your feat build?
  • Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Healers shouldn't have to tank broken mechanics healers should be healers.
  • Options
    sakeeeesakeeee Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol. thats like nearly the same stuff i use.
    but i would like to add that you use brand of the sun as an at-will to give you superior DP production. seems to be way better since the cast is shorter than sacred flame and it gives you DP with every dot-tick. you mostly dont have the time to autoattack that much in bossfights anyways.
  • Options
    littleomelittleome Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Healers shouldn't have to tank broken mechanics healers should be healers.
    This is D&D baby! This isn't your typical MMO. If you have ever played D&D table top you should know that healers can't heal the same as a healer like as ..... lets say WoW. It's all about battle heals, figuring out how to get the most out of your offensive skills as heals. Take the aggro, kite, and heal as well as you can. Throw up your Astral Seal on everything you can so the other party members can help heal them selves. Keep your HP high as well as your def that way the dps can smack them in the head while healing from your Astral Seal.

Just my opinion but it works for me!

Thanks
  • Options
    vornado71vornado71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 67
    edited May 2013
    giantdog wrote: »
    For my armor I use the 4 piece Miracle Healer set .

Can you tell me where your Miracle Healer Arms dropped? Also, would you elaborate on the rest of your gear? I am way over in Recovery and Power at this point and trying to figure out how/where I can add some defense and HPs.
  • Options
    smacktrick5smacktrick5 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    @OP
    I agree with what you said almost completely. The only thing I really have different at this point is some odd-ball gear choices that got me 1,411 regeneration while still having 3k power, 2.2k crit (33% crit chance total), 2k defense, 614 deflect, and 26,926 health. (working on a gear video to show how I got this).
    Mind sharing your gear? I've looked into more regen heavy gear options, but came to conclusion that there are only a few items that are really "worth it", most of them being blue items. I'm guessing you included cat/stone items aswell, because unless there is alot of b-o-p regen gear I am not aware of, breaking 1k regen without pet stats is almost impossible without seriously gimping your stats.
  • Options
    knoteskadknoteskad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    littleome wrote: »
    This is D&D baby! This isn't your typical MMO. If you have ever played D&D table top you should know that healers can't heal the same as a healer like as ..... lets say WoW. It's all about battle heals, figuring out how to get the most out of your offensive skills as heals. Take the aggro, kite, and heal as well as you can. Throw up your Astral Seal on everything you can so the other party members can help heal them selves. Keep your HP high as well as your def that way the dps can smack them in the head while healing from your Astral Seal.

Thanks

That has literally NOTHING to do what he just said.

Clerics are tanks right now, not healers.
  • Options
    unspecifiederrorunspecifiederror Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 315 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Mind sharing your gear? I've looked into more regen heavy gear options, but came to conclusion that there are only a few items that are really "worth it", most of them being blue items. I'm guessing you included cat/stone items aswell, because unless there is alot of b-o-p regen gear I am not aware of, breaking 1k regen without pet stats is almost impossible without seriously gimping your stats.

I most definitely included pet stats. In the process of uploading a video showing my gear/build right now which I'll be posting in a new thread here shortly. It does involve some blues but I didn't have to seriously gimp my stats to do it.
  • Options
    octopusbreadguyoctopusbreadguy Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thanks

You typed a lot to say nothing helpful
  • Options
    drokthirdrokthir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Thanks

I soooo want to hit you round the back of the head....
  • Options
    stisti86stisti86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That has literally NOTHING to do what he just said.

Clerics are tanks right now, not healers.

I agree! it is supposed that the healer should cure, not tanking! GF is useless right now!
    Im cleric not gf.
  • Options
    kissell19kissell19 Member Posts: 57
    edited May 2013
    stisti86 wrote: »
    I agree! it is supposed that the healer should cure, not tanking! GF is useless right now!
    Im cleric not gf.

You are a battle cleric though, not a cleric in the sense of other mmo's or games. We are not a stand there and spam a heal button class.
  • Options
    sylvaaanesssylvaaaness Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kissell19 wrote: »
    You are a battle cleric though, not a cleric in the sense of other mmo's or games. We are not a stand there and spam a heal button class.
    I actually love the fact that we have something more to do than just press 2 healing buttons like on any other mmo ...
    It makes the game actually more fun that way.
    Some people just want to stand afk on 1 spot, press 2 buttons and drink a cup of coffee at the same time ...

@topic
    I think getting 5/5 Etheral Boon or 2/5 Rising Hope is better than 4th pip of divine power as it does not increase our DP generation and you are spending DP continously rather than building 4 stacks of DP and then unleashing them.