test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Casual Friendly Solo Missions?

klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
I don't want to do anymore of the 'official' content. Rightly or wrongly, it's just too hard and frustrating for me. I'm a solo player and I'm convinced the 'difficulty scaling' feature just isn't working at the moment

So I'm looking for some fun 'single player' type experiences (something like the original Neverwinter Nights games). Something with a story and not too many crazy difficult fights.

Does the Foundry have any missions like that? Are there any Authors who are designing missions for the more 'casual' type of gamer? If you are, any chance you could put it in your descriptions? Cause it's a bit hard to tell which ones are suitable at the moment.

Anyway, if there are any missions you could recommend to me I would be most grateful.

Cheers.
Post edited by klixan on

Comments

• dugadadugada Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 77
    edited May 2013
    You can try my NW-DDJJA7X98 (the camp and bandits), hope you will like it. I have one better story foundry (with lot of side-quest, decision, etc), but its in Slovak language.. This one (the camp and bandits) have linear story.
    The Cry from the Past -(name changed from "The Camp and bandits")
    NW-DDJJA7X98
    Solo quest with a great story
    My foundry in Slovak language: NW-DOBV4VXBC
    Ezrianova skrysa
  • ashleydusenberyashleydusenbery Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Please try either of the two quests in my signature. But you might be particularly interested in "Axes for Everyone." It's meant to be a fun 20 min. dungeon crawl. All the codes are in my sig.
    Campaign: "At the End of the Cleft Rock" - NWS-DLV4Q9XLJ
    Ch. 1: "Driven to the Brink" - NW-DRYVJ3YMK

A Lighthearted Dungeon Crawl: "Axes for Everyone" - NW-DBA78LMOK
  • ruinedmirageruinedmirage Member Posts: 440 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I could suggest a lot of great single player RPGs available for any platform. They would all have better stories, less bugs, better mechanics and gameplay, more variety, wouldn't cost much or be blocked behind a paywall, etc., etc.

Unfortunately, it's against forum rules to advertise other games....
  • brymmstonebrymmstone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello! I just posted a new one here. I will be making a lot of solo quests for each zone. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?248412-Spellplague-Test-Subjects
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I could suggest a lot of great single player RPGs available for any platform. They would all have better stories, less bugs, better mechanics and gameplay, more variety, wouldn't cost much or be blocked behind a paywall, etc., etc.

Unfortunately, it's against forum rules to advertise other games....

Wow, thank you for that wonderfully insightful, thought-provoking post. I am so glad that I have read that, as now, I have changed my mind, and decided I would like to follow people like you, with your far superior intelligence and vast wisdom. I don't know what I would do with my life if there weren't people like you here to tell me what to follow, because your opinion is held in such high regard in my eyes....

But seriously....

There are quite a few short, solo quests. One place to look is in the sticky thread at the top of this forum titled "The Foundry: List of UGC and Authors" that has links where you can select quests geared for solo play. Have fun, and don't be afraid to try out the longer, more difficult foundry quests either!
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My quest Assassin Chronicles is designed to be like a single player game. You can choose to be good or evil. Plus I have a difficulty slider in so you can adjust from easy combat to very hard combat.
  • neurojamneurojam Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My quest Ye Old Chuckle Hut is solo friendly, is about 20% combat and lets you Heckle comedians as well as sacrifice the worst one at the end of the show. It takes about 10 min. Check it out. It's in the review section Code: NW-DQ1PGH6HW.
  • keylord02keylord02 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I mostly just do Foundry quests myself. I think the Cryptic default stuff's really combat heavy, personally!

It has a lot more secret treasure chests and such that we can't into Foundry quests, alas!
    Tomb of Wernar by @Lya
    Short code: NW-DJGYNI7NH

In this old school-style adventure, the hero(es) explore an old ruined castle while searching for a fabled magic item at the behest of a wizard.