test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Leave a Dungeon in progress screw you whole group?

wyendotwyendot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Been playing the game for a couple days now and so far im loving it and to support the team i bought the 60$ founder pack.
But today as ive reached the 30's in level i decided to queue for the Dungeon to clear my daily. Lair of the Mad Dragon, wich take between 30mins and an hour depending on the grp, im playing a lvl35 CW, everything goes well were plowing though the dungeon and pretty much just before the last camp fire, healer DC or leave the group for the second time within the last 2 hours. BAM you're screwed no way to queue up again to get a new healer, and i dont even know if you can invite ppl manually since noone had any one (healer type) to invite.

So ive waisted (and 6 other party members) pretty much 2 hours (XP is not terrible from killing mobs but no way near the xp i would have gotten from questing), im sorry to say that if i had knew this before investing money in the game i would have waited a bit before doing it.

Anything as been said about adding a feature to requeue or w/e, cause yea... ill just avoid some funtastic content.
Post edited by wyendot on

Comments

• Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would agree. It's annoying when this happens. Even if you had a friend to invite, there is no way for them to warp to you.

That dungeon is hard. I still haven't beaten the boss yet.
  • Options
    wyendotwyendot Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well i finaly skipped the dungeon due to lvling, sad cause i would have liked to kill that dragon. I know there is more to come but oh well. :)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    You're not the only one. I waited on my friend to attempt to 4v5 the Wolf Den last night. For anybody who has tried that dungeon you should already know it didn't end positively.

Needless to say it has been passed on to the developers to look into a way to allow joining dungeons which are in progress or at least make the action easier to do. :)
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Id like to think it is a bit more complex then just allowing the queue system to fill in a missing slot. It needs to be a bit more selective. How would you feel if you simply queued up for a dungeon run. Only to end up as the fill in for a group that is 95% complete. You cant help but feel like you've missed out.

Conversely, think of how it could be abused. Get someone to run a dungeon solo, get to the end boss, invite all his friends for quick fun and profit. For best results do this during delve events for max seal gain. All it would take is a few stealth built mules.

There needs to be a system in place that allows the group leader to offer a open spot to the queue. And that open spot needs to come with a warning, that the dungeon is already in progress. And offer the person a choice to accept the invite or to keep waiting in the queue.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Id like to think it is a bit more complex then just allowing the queue system to fill in a missing slot. It needs to be a bit more selective. How would you feel if you simply queued up for a dungeon run. Only to end up as the fill in for a group that is 95% complete. You cant help but feel like you've missed out.

This is what was happening in Closed Beta I believe which is why it no longer does this. But in resolving this it also prevents players from being able to join up into a 4v5 dungeon easily.
  • Options
    nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yet another example of an unfinished game.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is what was happening in Closed Beta I believe which is why it no longer does this. But in resolving this it also prevents players from being able to join up into a 4v5 dungeon easily.

As a suggestion just offer a late joiner bonus some ad or seals or something people upset at late joining go away.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wyendot wrote: »
    Been playing the game for a couple days now and so far im loving it and to support the team i bought the 60$ founder pack.
    But today as ive reached the 30's in level i decided to queue for the Dungeon to clear my daily. Lair of the Mad Dragon, wich take between 30mins and an hour depending on the grp, im playing a lvl35 CW, everything goes well were plowing though the dungeon and pretty much just before the last camp fire, healer DC or leave the group for the second time within the last 2 hours. BAM you're screwed no way to queue up again to get a new healer, and i dont even know if you can invite ppl manually since noone had any one (healer type) to invite.

So ive waisted (and 6 other party members) pretty much 2 hours (XP is not terrible from killing mobs but no way near the xp i would have gotten from questing), im sorry to say that if i had knew this before investing money in the game i would have waited a bit before doing it.

Anything as been said about adding a feature to requeue or w/e, cause yea... ill just avoid some funtastic content.

And thats how you expand your ignore list.
  • Options
    zerokunoichi7zerokunoichi7 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    All these dungeons exist at lvl 60 which is something you should go for anyways. I don't see the point in doing the dungeon as it has nothing to do with the quest progression or story.
    The dungeon is optional so why the complains? Get to 60 and do it then.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ive been playing MMO for about 20 years now, and if we look at many of them, after several month they came with the ability to requeue and get the class that was needed. I know we are still in Beta but it's irritating to not be able to complete content because someone from your group leave and you dont have any other choice than quiting as well.

I love this game, it's addictive and has a lot more stuff to do than the usual MMO but still. Dungeons is an important part of a MMO, and if because im unable to complete them more than half the time other than being in a group with 4 friends i dont see any point for myself to even bother queueing with random ppl and even maybe make some new friends competent at their class that i wouldnt have met otherwise to be able to do epic later on because i know this may happend.

Im doing them at lower lvl to actually have an idea of whats going on, to take a break from lvling/questing, to meet new players or to complete daylis.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    ive been playing MMO for about 20 years now, and if we look at many of them, after several month they came with the ability to requeue and get the class that was needed. I know we are still in Beta but it's irritating to not be able to complete content because someone from your group leave and you dont have any other choice than quiting as well.

I love this game, it's addictive and has a lot more stuff to do than the usual MMO but still. Dungeons is an important part of a MMO, and if because im unable to complete them more than half the time other than being in a group with 4 friends i dont see any point for myself to even bother queueing with random ppl and even maybe make some new friends competent at their class that i wouldnt have met otherwise to be able to do epic later on because i know this may happend.

If you really played MMO's for 20 years then you should of realized in your first year that partying only people who are good and trustworthy is better than doing it with pubs.
    You don't seem to know anything then with that 20 years of MMO experience. Maybe 20 years of grinding.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If you really played MMO's for 20 years then you should of realized in your first year that partying only people who are good and trustworthy is better than doing it with pubs.
    You don't seem to know anything then with that 20 years of MMO experience. Maybe 20 years of grinding.

20 years of meeting new ppl and making good rl friends, even ppl ive never played with again since everquest that im still talking to everyday and i even met my wife playing Dark Age of Camelot, wich wouldnt have happened if i wouldnt have miss type in general chat something that was supposed to be send in whispers to a friend (wrote in french) while she was in my party she then whispered me something in french and we became good friend before everything else went on.
    So yea, playing with random ppl is a big part of an MMO and thats what i enjoy.
  • Options
    zophie#5279 zophie Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    How would you feel if you simply queued up for a dungeon run. Only to end up as the fill in for a group that is 95% complete. You cant help but feel like you've missed out.

If that means I finish the dungeon all the more quickly, and it still counts towards my Daily Dungeon, and I can just queue up again to do another dungeon right away, I don't think I'd feel as if I missed out. The best loot is at the end.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    20 years of meeting new ppl and making good rl friends, even ppl ive never played with again since everquest that im still talking to everyday and i even met my wife playing Dark Age of Camelot, wich wouldnt have happened if i wouldnt have miss type in general chat something that was supposed to be send in whispers to a friend (wrote in french) while she was in my party she then whispered me something in french and we became good friend before everything else went on.
    So yea, playing with random ppl is a big part of an MMO and thats what i enjoy.

Yeah but playing with random people and knowing you will run into people that will leave the instance is new to you?
    My point is that I don't believe you coming on here and complaining about the community being terrible as any MMO or anything that had to do with multiple users or people was ever 100% good. Every community, every game that supports many users will have those people. No game is 100% free from people who behave and act that way ever.
  • Options
    aaronjfaaronjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    wasabiburn wrote: »
    If that means I finish the dungeon all the more quickly, and it still counts towards my Daily Dungeon, and I can just queue up again to do another dungeon right away, I don't think I'd feel as if I missed out. The best loot is at the end.
    That was my view in WoW, esp as tank/healer. . I was happy to get in at the last boss because it was a quick sack of gold/valor points.. I mainly do the daily dungeon for the ad bonus.. The loot is an added bonus but really doesn't matter much to me until 60 since I outgrow it so quickly. Hopefully they will fix this soon. It is annoying to not be able to finish something you have a nice amount of time in.. Guessing they will though sooner or later...
  • Options
    kosmtecanhurkosmtecanhur Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    posting this here since it seems to be the most appropriate place will also post in "Report a bug".

For several days there have been issues with queueing up for dungeons, skirmishes and pvp. people are not getting transfered to the maps. Once this problem happens people who have party lead do not want to kick players and players do not want to leave party voluntarily. I've been kicked myself when in the map cause I tell the party leader to boot those not in the instance. this causes a lot of stress on me as a gamer cause that is not fun when someone decides to be an (improper word of your choice goes here), my ignore list is getting bigger and bigger. I recommend you take away party leaders in a PVP match so no one can kick anyone as well as auto remove from group if not in map instance after a set amount of time. The auto boot for AFK's will not work in this situation since players outside the map will not be afk but rather questing or doing something else entirely. Then again I may be incorrect in this matter seeing how is I have not the slightest clue how you have it set up. If you do keep it as is as far as party leader being able to boot anyone he wants when he wants, then I also recomend you set up a vote kick feature where majority rules.
    In previous MMO's I've been kicked for petty things such as being the second rogue that needs the same item as another rogue and booted right before boss dies so that I am not a contender for the item. This has not happened to me yet in Neverwinter but I do not have the slightest doubt that it has happened already to many others.
  • Options
    joshmaaaaaaansjoshmaaaaaaans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited May 2013
  • Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You're not the only one. I waited on my friend to attempt to 4v5 the Wolf Den last night. For anybody who has tried that dungeon you should already know it didn't end positively.

Needless to say it has been passed on to the developers to look into a way to allow joining dungeons which are in progress or at least make the action easier to do. :)

its funny everybody says WD is super hard...Ive done it lots of times in pugs and though we had wipes we completed the dungeon multiple times.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    unimatrixalpha1unimatrixalpha1 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    People will leave the dungeons for various reasons, thereby leaving the rest of the party stranded. I can't count the number of times one person left because they died and rage quit. There are times when someone's game client or computer crashes and they don't reconnect. Some people have to leave the dungeon due to real life circumstances.

At least allow us to ask for a certain class to join via zone chat and invite others to join a dungeon already in progress since we can't always find a friend or guildie to join.
  • Options
    hardway01hardway01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah but playing with random people and knowing you will run into people that will leave the instance is new to you?
    My point is that I don't believe you coming on here and complaining about the community being terrible as any MMO or anything that had to do with multiple users or people was ever 100% good. Every community, every game that supports many users will have those people. No game is 100% free from people who behave and act that way ever.

I've also beeing playing MMO's for 20ish years and NO... it was not always like this. The player base was much smaller and more dedicated in years gone by. It took time and commitment to reach tiers of prior mmo's. The players that we see these days wouldn't make it to the higher tiers and as such would be weeded out. The people you'd "randomly" meet for instance runs would be basically ALL solid and generally well mannered players. Players had reputations to worry about and being a jerk or a failure would quickly limit the people who would interact with you on your server. Back then you HAD to work well with others or you just couldn't play the game beyond the beginning few levels. Player bases did not cycle in and out like rats from a sinking ship, quickly jumping from game to game. People stuck with one game for much longer and grew to know a good chunk of the other players on their server.

I could go on and on about how it was "better" then or how different it is now. I could honestly, if I took the time write a post so long that most people wouldn't even bother to read it. However the long and the short of it is that it WAS different and he (Wyendot) has a valid point. When you get to our age and have had the chance to see just how things have changed over the years you gain a understanding about this sort of thing that younger players just do not understand. The typical MMO player now is purely in it for the quick fix and rush of rapid advancement and reward. Opening up the MMO market to casual players may have made it bigger and flashy but it also let all the a$$holes in as well.