test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stuck Idiot

rezonedrezoned Member Posts: 30 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I am in the pirate kings lair to see how far I could get solo, Not realising I was low on pots,
I have no pots and can't continue and can't go back.

I did not realise tele scrolls did not work in dungeons, now this sound **** but how the feck do I get out.

No flames would be cool :-)
Post edited by rezoned on

Comments

• Options
    beaghan1beaghan1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    can't zone out the door?
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I haven't been in there yet, but what is stopping you going back?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dkcandydkcandy Member Posts: 1,555 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    They most likely sneaked past everything and stuck. /lol
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm pretty sure if you log out in the dungeon, when you log back in, you will be outside of the entrance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rezonedrezoned Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For some odd reason would not let me out
    relogged a few times and ok now must have just been an weird bug.
  • Options
    riven84riven84 Member, Banned Users Posts: 574 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    rezoned wrote: »

LOL yeah okay buddy ^_^
  • Options
    platinuplatinu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If you're that desperate you could always go to the Zen store (the 'y' key) and buy a health stone and finish or buy a Teleport Scroll and leave that way.
  • Options
    hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    just right click your character icon in upper left and chose 'Leave Party' to get booted out of dungeon.
  • Options
    norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    There is a door on your compass rose HUD widget to leave an instance, at least there is in some instances (esp foundry) not sure about 5 mans etc?

There is a /killme command that does just that: kills you so you can rez at the nearest campfire, which may be of no use.

If you log out for "long enough" when you log in you will be at the beginning of the instance, and the instance will be reset.

Maybe one of these is useful .
  • Options
    asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I am in the pirate kings lair to see how far I could get solo, Not realising I was low on pots,
    I have no pots and can't continue and can't go back.

I did not realise tele scrolls did not work in dungeons, now this sound **** but how the feck do I get out.

No flames would be cool :-)

lol this happened to me when i was lvl 35'ish or so, i thought i could solo Cloack tower as i had the daily quest for it but outleveled it and couldn't queue so i just enetered from the portal. I got owned by the last boss (is impossible to solo as cleric ROFLMAO :D) and i had to quit but no way to get out, no portal, no way to get back at the main entrance even if i tried to log out and back i found myself still on dungeon...i tried everything and was sooooo sooo frustrating lols!!
    In the final i decided to ask help from GM so i hit H and a window with more options poped up, and before asking help to a GM there was an unstuck options to leave the instance, thank god!!

So try that :D
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    hurk97 wrote: »
    just right click your character icon in upper left and chose 'Leave Party' to get booted out of dungeon.

if he is alone in the instance, there is no option "leave party" :P
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    lol this happened to me when i was lvl 35'ish or so, i thought i could solo Cloack tower as i had the daily quest for it but outleveled it and couldn't queue so i just enetered from the portal. I got owned by the last boss (is impossible to solo as cleric ROFLMAO :D) and i had to quit but no way to get out, no portal, no way to get back at the main entrance even if i tried to log out and back i found myself still on dungeon...i tried everything and was sooooo sooo frustrating lols!!
    In the final i decided to ask help from GM so i hit H and a window with more options poped up, and before asking help to a GM there was an unstuck options to leave the instance, thank god!!

So try that :D

Wow and they say GF's are bad. I solo'd Cloak Tower at level 20. Only died one time (the first time I tried the last boss) as a GF.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Wow and they say GF's are bad. I solo'd Cloak Tower at level 20. Only died one time (the first time I tried the last boss) as a GF.

are you sure we are talking about the same instance?? I doubt you solo-ed the last boss in Cloak Tower at lvl 20 when party of 5 get wiped around same level!

There is a solo instance named Clock tomb, that is easy to solo but i was talking about the party dungeon. You sure we talking about same dungeon? lol!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    Try right clicking your name and saying "leave party."

This will often result in removing you from the current instance. Otherwise if you log out after a period of time (within a half hour or so) the instance should be closed, progress lost and you will be placed back in front of the dungeon entrance upon logging in.
  • Options
    pressexpose1pressexpose1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

you soloed cloak tower, a level 16 5 man, at level 20? Well done, you must have a huge epeen. Or, in fact, you didn't.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    lycanthroat78lycanthroat78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 72
    edited May 2013
    asakochan wrote: »
    are you sure we are talking about the same instance?? I doubt you solo-ed the last boss in Cloak Tower at lvl 20 when party of 5 get wiped around same level!

There is a solo instance named Clock tomb, that is easy to solo but i was talking about the party dungeon. You sure we talking about same dungeon? lol!

Nope I am talking about Cloak Tower. It took me a long time to clear it and I did die once to the boss, but in the end I beat him. I did have a cleric companion with me though (npc companion)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    you soloed cloak tower, a level 16 5 man, at level 20? Well done, you must have a huge epeen. Or, in fact, you didn't.

I don't normally feed trolls and you are the second biggest troll on these forums, but I'll bite. I did indeed solo it. Believe me or not as I could really care less. I didn't expect to be able to and I was surprised when I finished it. The last boss is actually easy to beat with a GF if you know how to block. When he kills your companion (he killed mine about 12 times) just wait til he gets stuck in his aoe animation and run over and revive it. It also helps that he wastes a bunch of attacks on the companion (his charge) if you can keep reviving it. The fight took about 15 mins or so all by itself to solo.

The entire run (including breaks for this and that) took around 3 hours.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I don't normally feed trolls and you are the second biggest troll on these forums, but I'll bite. I did indeed solo it. Believe me or not as I could really care less. I didn't expect to be able to and I was surprised when I finished it. The last boss is actually easy to beat with a GF if you know how to block. When he kills your companion (he killed mine about 12 times) just wait til he gets stuck in his aoe animation and run over and revive it. It also helps that he wastes a bunch of attacks on the companion (his charge) if you can keep reviving it. The fight took about 15 mins or so all by itself to solo.

The entire run (including breaks for this and that) took around 3 hours.

Troll? Are you even sure you know what that means? I don't debate with people to get some kind of gratification. I try to correct people when they are clearly wrong or ill-informed. Trolling? please. I'm a grown man.
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I've soloed it at 21 as a Rogue with Cleric companion. I had tried to queue for it, but it told me I wasn't the right level. Missed it by thaaat much. So I went to the entrance to see if I could still go in, and, expecting more of a WoW experience where I wouldn't be able to even kill one or two guys, I was surprised that regular trash mobs felt much like normal mobs, but with much more hit points. So, I can believe that a level 20 could do it.

It takes a lot of patience and a lot of potions. I died once, at one of the first bosses, but I blame that on fumbling my fingers and hitting the Windows key, which took me to the Windows 8 interface. When I got back, I was almost dead, the mid-boss guy was at like 1% life. I died. I was angry at my wayward finger.

Most of the battles basically relied on having to take out the Eye of Gruumsh guys first. Beyond that it was just a matter of keeping cool and pacing stuff, and being patient, and of course, chugging the potions. In addition, using Bait and Switch and/or Stealth to revive my companion helped quite a lot.

The final boss was more of the same, easily dodged the big attacks, keep reviving my companion, take out adds when they spawn, then back to the boss.
  • Options
    mountain45mountain45 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    just log out ..works for me all the time :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "He'll go home to his mom's basement and tell his imaginary kids how he's been saving souls on the internet and St Peter will be waiting at them all at the pearly gates with a huge bag of epeen to share out."

"kids? A woman let you near her? Is she a bit simple?

get it all out at church. Extra jesus praising will no doubt cleanse you of your impure thoughts and your kids? Well, they won't grow up naive and closeted at all. Well-rounded individuals in the making for sure. :/ "

That's a few of the gems you've posted to "correct people when they are clearly wrong or misinformed". Not to mention that in several of your other posts YOU were the one who was wrong and misinformed. You are correct about one thing though. you don't debate with people to some kind of gratification. You don't debate at all. You argue until people accept your position whether it's right or wrong or until you give up.

BTW epeen? Who even says that anymore? Another example. I say I solo'd Cloak Tower at 20. You don't have to believe me, but who are you to tell me what I did and didn't do when I was sitting right here watching myself do it? What kind of insight did that post create? Did it correct misinformation that I must surely have? You're a troll whether you know it or not.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    "He'll go home to his mom's basement and tell his imaginary kids how he's been saving souls on the internet and St Peter will be waiting at them all at the pearly gates with a huge bag of epeen to share out."

"kids? A woman let you near her? Is she a bit simple?

get it all out at church. Extra jesus praising will no doubt cleanse you of your impure thoughts and your kids? Well, they won't grow up naive and closeted at all. Well-rounded individuals in the making for sure. :/ "

That's a few of the gems you've posted to "correct people when they are clearly wrong or misinformed". Not to mention that in several of your other posts YOU were the one who was wrong and misinformed. You are correct about one thing though. you don't debate with people to some kind of gratification. You don't debate at all. You argue until people accept your position whether it's right or wrong or until you give up.

BTW epeen? Who even says that anymore? Another example. I say I solo'd Cloak Tower at 20. You don't have to believe me, but who are you to tell me what I did and didn't do when I was sitting right here watching myself do it? What kind of insight did that post create? Did it correct misinformation that I must surely have? You're a troll whether you know it or not.

I respond in kind. If I'm abused by someone then they will get the kind of response that they deserve. Educating idiots with a little humiliation is just as much an education as maths.

As for your last comment? I said that you did it or maybe you didn't. i made no accusation, you just got a little bit defensive there mister. Aww bless. Might be nap time?
    fs_lastplayed.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I've soloed it at 21 as a Rogue with Cleric companion. I had tried to queue for it, but it told me I wasn't the right level. Missed it by thaaat much. So I went to the entrance to see if I could still go in, and, expecting more of a WoW experience where I wouldn't be able to even kill one or two guys, I was surprised that regular trash mobs felt much like normal mobs, but with much more hit points. So, I can believe that a level 20 could do it.

It takes a lot of patience and a lot of potions. I died once, at one of the first bosses, but I blame that on fumbling my fingers and hitting the Windows key, which took me to the Windows 8 interface. When I got back, I was almost dead, the mid-boss guy was at like 1% life. I died. I was angry at my wayward finger.

Most of the battles basically relied on having to take out the Eye of Gruumsh guys first. Beyond that it was just a matter of keeping cool and pacing stuff, and being patient, and of course, chugging the potions. In addition, using Bait and Switch and/or Stealth to revive my companion helped quite a lot.

The final boss was more of the same, easily dodged the big attacks, keep reviving my companion, take out adds when they spawn, then back to the boss.

Yeah the Eye of Grummsh has to die first. The hardest packs are the ones with him and the berserkers. Heck the berserkers are just hard period. I had a harder time with the packs of zerkers than I did either of the bosses.

I say either of them because when I ran it I didn't know there was another boss under that bridge thing. I had only done it once in a group before that and the group missed him too. I seen him on my second toon in a group.
  • Options
    askopdkapokaskopdkapok Member Posts: 648 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I actually had that happen to me in one of the early instances. Logging out didn't fix it. I submitted a ticket. Never got a response that day but the next day was a patch and afterwards I logged in and was back in Pro. Enclave.
  • Options
    biffsmackwellbiffsmackwell Member Posts: 3,514 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yeah the Eye of Grummsh has to die first. The hardest packs are the ones with him and the berserkers. Heck the berserkers are just hard period. I had a harder time with the packs of zerkers than I did either of the bosses.

I say either of them because when I ran it I didn't know there was another boss under that bridge thing. I had only done it once in a group before that and the group missed him too. I seen him on my second toon in a group.

First time I'd ran the dungeon, one of my buddies had already done it and told us about him, that's how I knew to get down there. He also drops one of the ingredient things for one of the two chests at the end.

But yeah as far as the berserkers go, if I'm thinking of the right guys, I'd just wait til they did their AoE move and then dodge out of the way and hit the Eye while the doofuses swing away at the air.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I respond in kind. If I'm abused by someone then they will get the kind of response that they deserve. Educating idiots with a little humiliation is just as much an education as maths.

As for your last comment? I said that you did it or maybe you didn't. i made no accusation, you just got a little bit defensive there mister. Aww bless. Might be nap time?

Do you know who says things like "Aww bless. Might be nap time?" Trolls. I'm not going to continue this any longer though. Like all the other topics you've commented in you will just keep it going with the insults. I'm better than that. Grown man indeed. Maybe physically.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Do you know who says things like "Aww bless. Might be nap time?" Trolls. I'm not going to continue this any longer though. Like all the other topics you've commented in you will just keep it going with the insults. I'm better than that. Grown man indeed. Maybe physically.

aww bless.
    fs_lastplayed.png