test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How was this CW immune to daze?

hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Library
I fought a CW in PvP and neither my Smoke Bomb nor Dazing Strike would daze him(swirlies over his head preventing using abilities for set amount of time 3s+).

Was he cheating or is there a legit way to be immune to these effects?
Post edited by hurk97 on

Comments

• qryticalqrytical Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Did he dodge them?
  • gremio87gremio87 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might be desync, latency issues or he simply dodged it.
    I have that all the time when I try to CC people.
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    1 time he did, other 3 or 4 times i started with smoke bomb out of stealth just to make sure and he still was not dazed. I really think there is something fishy going on but it could just be server lag.

Frustrating to fight a CW when he can CC you all day long and you cannot do anything to him.
  • harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    As a CW I can verify we have no CC immunities, the only class that I know of that does is GWF.
    What I can say tho is our dodge "shift key" can completely nullify all but the rogue daily and CW's rice rays attacks.
    Also for smoke bomb ive found that we cannot use abilities but right on the red outlined edge of the ability we can teleport before we can use abilities again, this allows us to dodge before we start doing damage again. Hope that helps.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    harming18 wrote: »
    As a CW I can verify we have no CC immunities, the only class that I know of that does is GWF.
    What I can say tho is our dodge "shift key" can completely nullify all but the rogue daily and CW's rice rays attacks.
    Also for smoke bomb ive found that we cannot use abilities but right on the red outlined edge of the ability we can teleport before we can use abilities again, this allows us to dodge before we start doing damage again. Hope that helps.

That's really not quite true. We do actually have a Daily that would make us immune to effects while casting it, namely Maelstorm of Chaos.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • harming18harming18 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 74
    edited May 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    That's really not quite true. We do actually have a Daily that would make us immune to effects while casting it, namely Maelstorm of Chaos.

That's true, it also reduces damage during the cast duration.
    I don't have a lot of experience with this though because its not viable in pvp. Roots you too long to be useful and the damage is meh.
  • degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Would Shield prevent it?
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
    edited May 2013
    Would Shield prevent it?

No. Shield simply reduces the first hit of a chain by 60% in damage. It doesn't prevent any type of CC. It also has a pushback when double tapped but for pvp its unreliable imo.