test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Players exploiting map to get in PvP spawn.

realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
edited September 2013 in PvE Discussion
I've seen a few ways where players had been getting on roof of the pvp maps, but most of the time it looks like an accident. Until recently i saw a group of players from the same guild use this exploit to spawn camp players as they enter the map. Cheating/exploiting is a breach of the Terms of Service. I was just wondering the communities view points. I've already submitted a ticket and will be adding this to the bug sections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcznVXcGCmE

List of players on youtube link.

Edit:
For all the players that believe it's okay to exploit because its openbeta, then take that risk. No where in the terms of service does it say that its okay to abuse exploits because it's open beta. Most mmo's that have an open beta do a fresh start on servers so there is more leeway.

Terms of Service

10. User Conduct

(k) Cheat or utilize unauthorized exploits in connection with the Games or the Service;
(l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players,

19. Disciplinary Action/Account Termination

PWE MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, BLOCK ACCESS TO OR DELETE THE SERVICE OR ANY ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
PWE may at its option issue warnings and temporary suspensions and permanent terminations of Accounts for user violations. We retain the sole discretion as to when and how to impose warnings, penalties and/or disciplinary actions. We consider the severity of the violation and the number of infractions in making our determination; however, any determination shall be under the absolute discretion of PWE. Notwithstanding the foregoing, PWE always retains the right to terminate or suspend your account at any time for any reason, or for no reason, with or without any warnings and with or without notice..
Post edited by realpureshadow on

Comments

• kynttilakynttila Member Posts: 109 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    people can be so low and pathetic as they abuse everything possible. :(
  • bboypockybboypocky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
  • foxwaterfoxwater Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, they will probably get banned and then they will probably come on the forums to say 'we wasnt exploiting its not fair' afterwards.

So it goes. Just add them to your ignore list and next time your in a game with them kick them from the team or just quit the match.

I also think naming and shaming is against the forum TOS, you might want to look at that.
    Kitsunami Lupo
    Head of PR
    http://www.gamersaurs.com/
  • paperpuppetpaperpuppet Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Bro, everyone knows the map jump, Cryptic just needs to fix it, plus rogues dont even need map jump we can just Deft Strike into your spawn anyways, its Beta, we are meant to find bugs so we can fix them, if accounts are going to get banned in a Beta doesnt really make sense for finding bugs in something we are testing for them. Easy fix, force field the spawn, easy as that
  • bboypockybboypocky Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Im pretty sure, some people have experienced this and have submitted tickets to the GM. You wouldn't be the first one. And with all the maintenance they have been doing, you would think they would fix it by now. Plus its open beta, just chill mang game is like newborn baby.
  • faithofnevrwintfaithofnevrwint Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    , and there is only one side of the map that does it in rivenscar, very simple to do so. for any player. it is not a cheat. all you have to do is jump, any player can do it. It is in noway hacking. it will be very simple for the game itself to fix.
  • luvdra69luvdra69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    LAWL complaining about bugs in beta, there was bound to be bugs like this and us beta players need to find and point out for them to fix
  • luvdra69luvdra69 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    MAN UP simple as
  • faithofnevrwintfaithofnevrwint Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously? i can show you how, just go to edge of spawn and jump. its a bug and ANY player can do it, its not like people are hacking or anything
  • bugs55678bugs55678 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've seen a few ways where players had been getting on roof of the pvp maps, but most of the time it looks like an accident. Until recently i saw a guild, Haven of Dragon server, use this exploit to spawn camp players as they enter the map. If anyone is curious cheating/exploiting is a breach of the Terms of Service. I was just wondering the communities view points. I've already submitted a ticket and will be adding this to the bug sections.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcznVXcGCmE

Here's the list of names if you prefer not to play with exploiters.
    Raiden@paperpuppet
    kitty tran@butteredtoastt
    Aglavia@silpharian93
    FrostGuard@wintersfox

"If anyone is curious" this guy doesnt know that no one will get banned for Exploiting in a Beta launch. Im not saying i'm for exploiting, im just stating that betas are for finding bugs like that. not getting the people that found them banned.
  • resilinresilin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Do u all even know a difference between:

1. find bug=> reporting it and continue playing game as intend. (Not jummping over again and gain advantage.)
    2. find bug=> (maybe reporting it) and continue to use it, so u can gain advantage over other players.

To remind u there is no wipe after this beta...
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How is your team losing by so much with the entire enemy team in your spawn and only you appearing to be stuck there?
  • harbingerdrumharbingerdrum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    ONE way of dealing with the PvP'ers camping out in the spawn zone instead of leaving to fight perhaps !?

Not judging - but it would force folks to toss a few skills around instead of jumping in one spot for duration.
    the Book Binding series by @HarbingerDrum ----> Help Defeat Lolth's Minions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

1- 20, 2- 35, 3- 18, 4- 20 min
    Comments to ->
    the Book Binding
  • kriszbkriszb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its funny because the roof top exploit can be done in both spawns lool.
  • realpureshadowrealpureshadow Member Posts: 90
    edited May 2013
    luvdra69 wrote: »
    MAN UP simple as

Man up to exploiting? So if i somehow activated godmode in game, i can just say man up?
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    ONE way of dealing with the PvP'ers camping out in the spawn zone instead of leaving to fight perhaps !?

When it happened in a match i was in, i couldn't leave, i was chained controlled, stunned and killed too fast to leave. I couldn't even teleport dodge out, much less fight back.

The area should be higher up, so you can't do it, and even toss in an instant death zone or kick from match if you go there. That last one would be pretty funny to watch before people learned to not do it. ;)
  • mourilssmourilss Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    all i can say about this topic:

QQ
  • silentnights1silentnights1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2013
    Was on my GWF the other day, and the whole other team was afk'ing. Jumped into their camp with a rogue and a controller wizard and began the slaughter. It was kinda fun.
  • ceonnynceonnyn Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What is wrong with you guys?

Why do you think it is a bug to get into the other team's spawn?

It's a ledge.

There is NO invisible wall set to block enemies. They have INVISIBLE WALLS in the FOUNDRY, so the mechanic is possible.

The devs were AWARE when they built the maps that many classes have teleports/charges/etc. I am sure they intentionally set things this way.
  • krewcifykrewcify Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You got destroyed in that match. hahaha
  • wintersfoxwintersfox Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    umm yea u only got killed cause we got bored after start cause u guys went afk

plus we only just found that out and haven't been using it that much
  • yasha00yasha00 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 479 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I really object that the OP calls out several players names in this thread, especially considering his team appears to have gone afk at the spawn point-I think he and his team are the ones that should be banned or whatever punishment the OP is calling for not the team that was actually trying to play the game.

Your thread is truely in bad taste OP.
  • servosiservosi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try pvping outside spawn and maybe this wouldn't happen.
  • kaseopiakaseopia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    My question is, how can you say that team was afk when the gates hadn't yet dropped when you were in there? If a team was truly afk then i see no issue with going to the spawn point and hitting them. And yes it is our job in open beta to find the faults and loop holes to be fixed, but is it necessary to keep using it after you have discovered it?
  • siameasysiameasy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    this is happening more and more, so i report it....

So there you have it, the developers fix issues as quickly as possible ???
    I'm no AAA game developer but the little i know from unity and UDK development is that this is at most a few hours work for ONE developer, may, june, july and august has passed. All i can say is that if there was a pay 1000 zen to fix a bug you hate button on the homepage they'd resolve it in minutes if a few people clicked it.

<<Edited for the following:
    Rule 3.03 - No Posting of Personal Conversations or Personal Information
    . . . . Topics such as these are considered breaches of privacy. Please refrain from posting such items including, but not limited to, email exchanges with GMs, admins, moderators, PWE Customer Service or personal communications with other members.
  • rraglerragle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    No all I found funny with this video was a premade rolling in pugs because to bad to fight other premades, then the premade needing to jump Into the players base before start of match.

Rofl, bugger what they doing, it's the fact that as a premade they have to ha ha ha ha.

Rename that guild to BAD please.

Hilarious they got busted also.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2013
    This is indeed a necro.

I'm sure a discussion of this matter may still be relevant in some regards but most of this discussion has been corrected by the developers. If somebody wishes create a new constructive thread on the matter. :)

This thread, however, is going to rest.
This discussion has been closed.