test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GWF - "Powerful Challenge" vs "Disciple of War" (?)

daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I'm rolling the "standard" GWF Dps feat build with Destroyer's Purpose and all that jazz, now my question is regarding these two feats as my final 5 points spent (see the title^). I haven't done much lvl 60 PvE yet so I don't have a good feel of which moves are the best, however from what I can tell, using Flourish and Indomitable Battle Strike as 2/3 encounters seems pretty mandatory, now I can't decide which 3rd to use and therefore I'm in doubt when it comes to placing my 5 final feat points.

The two things I have in mind is:
Roar as the 3rd ability and the Arp-Recovery feat (DoW)
Or
Daring Shout and the 15% more damage to mark targets feat (PC).

So if there's any long-term lvl 60 PvE GWF's out there do share your knowledge, heck if you happen to have an even better 3rd ecnounter/feat lineup than the above written do tell :)
GM aka "Mafia Boss" of <Midget Mafia> Danish guild @ Beholder.

Main: "Daxt", Trickster Rogue @ Beholder.
Alt: "Daxt-Two", Great Weapon Fighter @ Beholder

Tune in @ http://da.twitch.tv/daxt86
Post edited by daxtax86 on

Comments

• daxtax86daxtax86 Member Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Come on.... There has got to be at least a few of you out there who can help me out here :s

edited May 2013
    zzzzzzzz t_t

• laijinlaijin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Both are good, but powerful challenge is situational at best. daring shout in a solo environment wont last long at all cause they are focusing you. but when your in a dungeon and a GF is using his mark, well thats 15% more dmg right there. so its good in a group setting, i have 5 pts in this.

Disciple of War is a lil bit less situational. all it requires is you having alot of recovery. and you will and you should have recovery on most, if not all your gear. add that with gear that gives you both arp+recovery and a offensive slot, well your just gonna be wrecking stuff. i have 5 pts in this as well, im at 15.9% arp atm.
    edited May 2013
    laijin wrote: »
    Both are good, but powerful challenge is situational at best. daring shout in a solo environment wont last long at all cause they are focusing you. but when your in a dungeon and a GF is using his mark, well thats 15% more dmg right there. so its good in a group setting, i have 5 pts in this.

Disciple of War is a lil bit less situational. all it requires is you having alot of recovery. and you will and you should have recovery on most, if not all your gear. add that with gear that gives you both arp+recovery and a offensive slot, well your just gonna be wrecking stuff. i have 5 pts in this as well, im at 15.9% arp atm.

Thanks for your reply broski but the fact that you have both tells me that you have some sort of clunky build where you miss out on something essential. I'm pondering either or here, not a scenario where I could get both as there's simply not points for that :)

• laijinlaijin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    daxtax86 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply broski but the fact that you have both tells me that you have some sort of clunky build where you miss out on something essential. I'm pondering either or here, not a scenario where I could get both as there's simply not points for that :)

nah i dont think my build is clunky, i do effectively in both pvp and pve. i dont wanna spill all my secrets tho lol. i wasnt saying get both i was just telling you where each feat wud be helpful. everyone is entitled to their own build.