test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about Wiz Race

rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
edited May 2013 in The Library
so i want to start leveling a CW but i'm stuck on the race lol, trying to choose between human and Tefling.so my question is does the 5% bounus damage for tefling Stack with "Tempest magic" that gives another 10%? if not i think human maybe the best choice for the extra feats.
Post edited by rubberduckie3 on

Comments

• Options
    papashongo53papashongo53 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Personally I went with the always bad *** Halfling CW.
  • Options
    edgeofthorns79edgeofthorns79 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What im confused about is why I like never see anyone mention Elf, I went with an elf and I sort of feel like the oddball since I only see people mention human and tiefling, did I make a mistake?
  • Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    so i want to start leveling a CW but i'm stuck on the race lol, trying to choose between human and Tefling.so my question is does the 5% bounus damage for tefling Stack with "Tempest magic" that gives another 10%? if not i think human maybe the best choice for the extra feats.
    Last I heard this was not working for tieflings, I haven't seen anything further on it, so I could be wrong.
  • Options
    rubberduckie3rubberduckie3 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    hmm may go human then since the 5% wont matter once i get that feat...but if they do change it to where it stacks making it a 15% would be quite a increase
  • Options
    gunbahahagunbahaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 139
    edited May 2013
    Human is probably better than Tiefling, even if the Tiefling racials worked.
  • Options
    streethawkestreethawke Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Half Orc is the way to go :P
    b_ro.png
    When you want to break the mold

BETA Tips and Tricks
    Never saw Pants in beta?
  • Options
    lexthegreatlexthegreat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

I can confirm that it does not. Tried it with 3 different spells using ACT on a very controlled group of mobs in the Foundry.

But IMHO you should also consider the Drow. From a powergamer perspective, they quite possibly have the best racial in the game. An almost permanent debuff to their target's Power and Defense (6%), is nothing short of amazing (remember, there are no resists in the game - so less defense = more magic damage as well). And the fact that EVERYONE in your group benefits from this is even more ridiculous.