test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which enchant would you use (Weapon / Tenebrous vs stats)

mienehmieneh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
I was wondering, was there any kind of calculation / theorycraft made for Weapon enchants ? Which one would be the most adapted for a Renegade CW ?

I've also read somewhere that people were using tenebrous enchants in pvp. Since these are using the offense enchant slots, wouldn't it mean way less stats ? If they're competitive for pvp, would they be also for pve ?
Post edited by mieneh on

Comments

• gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    The current situation is that you can either get power or critical strike in your offensive and stack defense or even recovery in your defense slots OR you can go full tenebrous in offense and hp in your defense.

At the moment, tenebrous damage beats power.
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • qryticalqrytical Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Tenebrous for PvP where burst damage is king. For PvE, it depends. Will you be sitting there doing sustained deeps 100% of the time? Or will you be moving around a lot? The more you have to move the better Tenebrous becomes because it does it's damage in short bursts instead of sustained. That's why it's so good for PvP.
  • mienehmieneh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What About weapon enchants ? Flaming and lightning both look pretty good, wich one would have you preference ?
  • gwasgwas Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 62
    edited May 2013
    mieneh wrote: »
    What About weapon enchants ? Flaming and lightning both look pretty good, wich one would have you preference ?

Plague Fire is better than flaming overall because it reduces defense. Lightning I am unable to get at the moment, but when/if I do, I might love it.
    Nessa@gwas - 10,500 Gearscore Control Wizard on Dragon Shard.
    4/4 Castle Never legit. 4/4 Shadow Weaver set. 1/2 Ancient Court Magister.
  • nodesyncplsnodesyncpls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've been primarily pvping on my CW, but at 9800 GS my enchants look like this:

Weapon: Lesser Vorpal - +Increased %Crit Severity

Armor: Lesser Thunderhead - 10% chance when struck to Shock and Stun, only once every 60 seconds

Offense: Azure - +Crit (until I get to 1200 Crit Rating, that's when DR starts to make it much less valuable, after that I slot for recovery)

Defense: Radiant - +Max Health

Utility: Dark - +movespeed (not really a better option here, since it's a 95% pvp toon)
    Elara@nodesyncpls - 9800 GS Control Wizard [Beholder]
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Armor: Lesser Thunderhead - 10% chance when struck to Shock and Stun, only once every 60 seconds

Offense: Azure - +Crit (until I get to 1200 Crit Rating, that's when DR starts to make it much less valuable, after that I slot for recovery)

Utility: Dark - +movespeed (not really a better option here, since it's a 95% pvp toon)

What do you slot after Crit? Tenebrous? Power?
  • nodesyncplsnodesyncpls Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm currently slotting Tenebrous just because I mostly pvp, but I could see myself carrying a second set of armor with power in it instead for PvE.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use 6 Greater Tenebrous and 1 Greater Plague Fire (for the 45% defense debuff, not to mention Tenebrous procs off the dots which is probably a bug). Having those in pvp are absolutely amazing, just 1 repel hitting people for 8-10k damage there goes half their health. I'm sure eventually they'll remove Tenebrous proc'ing off weapon dots, but it's fun for now.

In CN yesterday I ended up with 42mil dmg just as I'm set-up right now, and a good chunk of my dmg was due to Tenebrous proc'ing off my aoes (which hit mobs with the weapon enchantment dot). In all honesty, I don't see myself switching out of Tenebrous until they nerf it.
  • mienehmieneh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I use 6 Greater Tenebrous and 1 Greater Plague Fire
    Now I hate you a little bit :p
  • bacchirabacchira Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Can you confirm that Vorpal is working as intended? I have seen reports that it currntly does absolutely squat.
    edited May 2013
    bacchira wrote: »
    Can you confirm that Vorpal is working as intended? I have seen reports that it currntly does absolutely squat.

I cannot, but I have heard the same thing and I'm basically just holding out until it gets patched if it's not working currently.

(To be honest, I'm just too lazy to test to confirm)
  • justworknamejustworkname Member Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    gwas wrote: »
    Plague Fire is better than flaming overall because it reduces defense. Lightning I am unable to get at the moment, but when/if I do, I might love it.

Unless you take into account that if i stack 0 defense I just rendered that debuff useless, and hit you for a double whammy because not only is it not doing anything.. or very little if all I have is a small amt of base defense, but all that room you used to stack that useless stat could have been used to stack something else, but wasn't. So you end up with a useless debuff and lower damage potential. No serious pvp'er is gonna stack defense atm because so many skills end up reducing defense without a player even trying... or they ignore it all together (shocking ex for example.....)

So, not speaking about other benefits comparatively, just about the reality that number crunchers have really more or less dismissed armor pen, other defense reducing things quite a while ago. That being said, in PVE, in the fights that COUNT, like boss fights, any defense debuffing is nice. Just be aware the time and place where it finds its usefulness is kinda not where the conventional wisdom would find it.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Vorpal may or may not be better than Plaguefire depending on your crit%. Also besides the obvious debuff of plaguefire, its DoT procs Storm Spell, which does insane damage.

With the regards to Armor enchant: Soulforged BY FAR is the best enchant.

Defense enchant: I would go for Defense. For a CW who already has low Defense, any amount you put in there will give you the biggest yield.
    Unless you take into account that if i stack 0 defense I just rendered that debuff useless, and hit you for a double whammy because not only is it not doing anything.. or very little if all I have is a small amt of base defense, but all that room you used to stack that useless stat could have been used to stack something else, but wasn't. So you end up with a useless debuff and lower damage potential. No serious pvp'er is gonna stack defense atm because so many skills end up reducing defense without a player even trying... or they ignore it all together (shocking ex for example.....)

So you're saying that, assuming you have 0 defense, and I am using Plaguefire, that when the DoT hits you, which it will constantly proccing Storm Spell for 900-1700 per proc, that it wont bother you one bit? :P
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • unholy138unholy138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    bacchira wrote: »

I can not Confirm if it is but after sharding lesser vorpal, my crits on the test dummies did seem considerably higher.
    Interestingly after sharding second teir vorpal to my next weapon i didn't seem too see any increase in my crit damage.

Personaly i have sharded:
    Weapon - Normal Vorpal
    Armor - Lesser Soulforged (not sure if i like this enchant much)
    Offensive - Radiant (POWERRRRR!!!!!)
    Defensive - Radiant (HP seems the best bet defense wise)
    Utility - place hold lvl 4 Dark shards (considering trying out silvery)
  • unholy138unholy138 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    So you're saying that, assuming you have 0 defense, and I am using Plaguefire, that when the DoT hits you, which it will constantly proccing Storm Spell for 900-1700 per proc, that it wont bother you one bit? :P

In a situation with 0 defense wouldnt flaming shard be better than plaguefire?
  • honoraryorangehonoraryorange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have Greater Vorpal and it works great. With no procs or anything else, a Magic missile hits dummy for ~600, crits for 1250-1300 with no buffs (113% severity).
  • fogalmamsincsfogalmamsincs Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think all depends on build, encounters. There are a lot of good builds for CW, and this is why we cant say "this one is the best". There is no best. You can do a lot of dmg with crits+vorpal+weaver set, but you can do a lot of dmg with arp+plaguefire+vizier. I prefer the 2nd one, coz i debuff the mobs very well for the entire party.
  • nyghomanyghoma Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Does anyone know if tene enchants work with the gear in you Ioun stone? Do we get its benefit?
    tol-banner.png

NW-DT4OV7EXH

Every time they idiot-proof something...they make better idiots.