test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just wanted an opinion

seventhpawnseventhpawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys,

Just got into this game now and missed all the fun with beta and what not. Just wanted an opinion or two on what might work class wise for me. I like doing a lot of solo stuff because I don't have a ton of time and so have to do stuff here and there. I like things a bit fast paced. Didn't know what people have found so far with their classes and no one responds in the game. Figured I would try here. Hope you guys can help me find something fun to latch onto.

Cheers
Post edited by seventhpawn on

Comments

• stratxzzstratxzz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 56
    edited May 2013
    If you are focused on Max Level Content - There is nothing that accommodates solo play, at least not anything worth while.

Tricker Rogue or Control Wizard is going to be your best bet if you only plan on leveling one class.
    Strat@stratxzz on the Dragon Shard

Strat - Great Weapon Fighter - Level 60 ( Retired for now )
    Strattwo - Control Wizard - Level 60
    Stratx - Devoted Cleric - Level 60
    Stratt - Trickster Rogue - Level 18

http://theeoi.com - Visit for more information on our gaming community.
  • xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Opinion on what? You didn't really ask for an opinion on anything. But as I'm sure you mean what class is suited for solo, I'll answer that anyways.

Any class can solo, it just a matter of how you setup your skills. For example, while some skills for a Rogue early on are incredibly useful, you'll find it's not all about DPS later on when monsters literally start lubing you up, and... Well, if you don't understand the rest after that, I'm afraid I can't help you. Point is, Rogue's need to change skills later on, or from what I've experienced, you'll just get destroyed.

As for a Control Wizard, I'm not particularly sure what to say about them have only played one for "so long". But from my experiences , and from what I've "heard", they pretty much have no problems soloing.

Clerics have probably the best survivability out of any class, which is definitely expected as a cleric, and their DPS is far different from many mmorpg's out there, meaning that they're not just meant for healing, they can actually deal out a good amount of damage, and I've had no problem soloing with my Cleric. But... if you don't have "Astral Shield", don't expect to get into any T2-3 dungeons, because as soon as people find out you don't have THE BEST skill in the game, you'll get kicked!

Great weapon fighters are definitely awesome for Solo as well, of course this only seems to be true AFTER level 35. The Great Weapon Fighter starts off stupidly slow, and can't even beat a Cleric 1 vs 1 in PvP, until they start getting their skills.

Guardian Fighters are pretty good from what I've seen Solo, however, come time to do a dungeon, they're so broken, they can't even hold agro, nor do as much DPS as any other class, so, expect to be insta-kicked. No one needs a "Tank" as of now, because that's seriously how broken they really are. Which is a shame too, because their skills, and class in general is pretty fun to play.

And if you don't have a whole lot of time... I'm not going to say this to be a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> or anything. But PvP hands out half of a levels experience for winning, or losing. So...If you simply go AFK in PvP, like a lot of people do... You'll solo your way up to level 60 in no time! Of course... I can't imagine anyone enjoying the game a whole heck of a lot just rushing to level 60 that way. But, until PWE/Cryptic fixes their sh_t. Right now, it's the easiest, and fastest way to level.
  • seventhpawnseventhpawn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cool. Thanks for the info. ;)
  • speedhaakspeedhaak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The fact that you get companions makes it much easier. Although, from my own experience I wouldn't say Neverwinter's Trickster Rogue is as self sufficient as other MMo Rogues.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Rogue, mage, and cleric are all highly recommended for solo play.

Rogue is fairly easy: ultra high dps output means you kill bosses fast, taking less damage, and you have a variety of powerful skills that are perfect for solo play. Downside is you are lightly squishy if you build for full bore dps, so you either have to play with a lot of skill or lower your dps to have some defenses on your gear (both methods work). Recommended: half orc, 18 str and 18 dex roll, gives you the potent critical hits.

Mage: squishy, you MUST play well to avoid being overwhelmed, but quite fun and powerful. After you get the shield spell in the mid 20s, it is much easier to stay alive. Recommended: tiefling with 18 int and 18 cha, doing extra damage to enemy once the enemy has taken damage is nice.

Cleric: very easy, with strong AOE damage and acceptable single target damage, self healing, able to use a dps companion (the other 2 choices it is highly recommended to have a cleric companion), tough, and generally awesome for solo play. Recommended: Dwarf maybe, 18 or 20 wisdom build and generally tougher for easier solo play?
  • glanniganglannigan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 463 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Cleric can solo anything but it takes much longer than other classes. I suppose that could be said about all the classes.

Rogue is probably best for you. But keep in mind Rogues are a dime a dozen so you will have a much harder time getting groups because frankly you won't be needed.

If you want to be in demand whenever you log in and this is pretty much true in any MMO, Roll a healer.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Cleric dps is pretty good. You can one (or two)-shot the boss adds (in solo content), and that is worth a lot at higher levels.