test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dungeon delve time! > One man disconnects > One ragequits, can't invite or queue

iamphausiamphaus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Seriously, I don't know why there isn't an option to invite a guild member or queue again..
Two times I've tried the pug route during dungeon delves, both times someone either rage quits, disconnects or both.
This is only making an even worse reputation on what's already been done.
Please use a little common sense and get this implemented, or at the least, let us know what's to come.
Common sense is hard to come by around here it seems..
Post edited by iamphaus on

Comments

• zarkheszarkhes Member Posts: 59
    edited May 2013
    From my experience you could keep people joining as long you are not somewhat deep in a dungeon.Maybe at first campfire of something?

One time we lost healer, and i have to kick like 20 DPS before Cleric showed up.Still feeling bad about it :D
  • forumalterforumalter Member Posts: 34
    edited May 2013
    Ya, I've had to finish dungeons many times short players in groups cause one dropped or dc'd. Sucks when the system doesn't work and most of the time ANY player would work, just a warm body really doing something.
  • gunmangunman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 51
    edited May 2013
    1). I'd rather not, then people could just kick PUG members and invite guildies just as the last boss dies or smthg. Seen it happen in tons of MMOs. Maybe disable the *kick* feature, then implement the *invite* idea.

2). People who **** the queue by keeping the party open and kicking players until they get whatever class they want should be banned imo.
  • madcrow89madcrow89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    iamphaus wrote: »
    Seriously, I don't know why there isn't an option to invite a guild member or queue again..
    Two times I've tried the pug route during dungeon delves, both times someone either rage quits, disconnects or both.
    This is only making an even worse reputation on what's already been done.
    Please use a little common sense and get this implemented, or at the least, let us know what's to come.

Totally agree.
  • floral821floral821 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    gunman wrote: »
    1). I'd rather not, then people could just kick PUG members and invite guildies just as the last boss dies or smthg. Seen it happen in tons of MMOs. Maybe disable the *kick* feature, then implement the *invite* idea.

2). People who **** the queue by keeping the party open and kicking players until they get whatever class they want should be banned imo.

1) The entire kick system is stupid. Yes, there needs to be a way to get rid of someone who is either AFK or horribly bad, but it should be a group decision not one random moron clicking kick kick kick

2) Depending on your group make up and the dungeon itself, it may be virtually impossible to complete a dungeon in a PUG without X class. Now, I am pretty sure that most content can be cleared with no healer if the group has even a shred of skill - after seeing the way most PUGs are in this game, it makes more sense to stream kick 20 crappy dps to get 1 mediocre healer and have a CHANCE to finish the dungeon.
  • novoihelvettinovoihelvetti Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 46
    edited May 2013
    For my experience dungeon finder does work at the start by placing cleric/gw into the group. Problem is that if someone declines, the system gets broken and then you see groups with 5 rogues.

When it finds for replacement, it takes "any available" and completely breaks the idea of having tank/healer/3xdps

Also clerics can troll the system by queue:ing and declining, creating a huge amount of fail groups.