test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HELP, PW Account hacked and no way to reach PW support any ideas?

immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
My brother's account appears to be hacked and the email address changed he asked me to open a ticket with PW for him but when I try to access their "Contact US" link it fails and a message about the rout to the sever does not exist or some such......

How can there be no way to actually reach support in the event of a compromised account?

Any help would be appreciated.
If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will end you.
Post edited by immagikman2 on

Comments

• xxhumorxxxxhumorxx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

PWE won't help you... Good one though!
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    xxhumorxx wrote: »
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

PWE won't help you... Good one though!

So very helpful. your userid is humor...and yet you have none....didnt realize it was a want ad :P
  • zolasuwarozolasuwaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    If the link isn't available, it could have several reasons. Worst reason of course that the PC is infected and of such poisoned your DNS cache aka "Type in a web adress and get relocated to somewhere else or nowere" but as I doubt it's that I'm sure it's might just a temporary issue. Try it later again or call PW on the Phone for that issue, they can help you out there aswell and I for once had positive experience with them. So... only needed them once.

If the issue persist I will assist you further on the topic.

I hope your friend get's his account back. : x
  • vatashavatasha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    For me I had to open the Launcher and then go to support from there.
  • dskiperdskiper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Strange I can access Contact Us just fine. Try again hopefully it was just a temporary thing.
  • zfttzftt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    somebody hacked me yesterday and pw didnt help me. their support is horrible.
  • zolasuwarozolasuwaro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zftt wrote: »
    somebody hacked me yesterday and pw didnt help me. their support is horrible.

What did they reply to you?

And usually account retrieval even in WoW cases took a week at last to get the Acc back.
  • pentegarnpentegarn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    zolasuwaro wrote: »
    What did they reply to you?

And usually account retrieval even in WoW cases took a week at last to get the Acc back.

I am first in line to bash WoW but in fairness when I got trojan'd for using a wintergrasp timer add on Blizzard got me back in game in less than 8 hours and in less than another 8 hours I got the 11k gold the hacker stole from my mage.

Though I did have to refarm my staff (it was the only piece of gear that was not a no sell item.)
    edited May 2013
    pentegarn wrote: »
    I am first in line to bash WoW but in fairness when I got trojan'd for using a wintergrasp timer add on Blizzard got me back in game in less than 8 hours and in less than another 8 hours I got the 11k gold the hacker stole from my mage.

Though I did have to refarm my staff (it was the only piece of gear that was not a no sell item.)

That sounds indeed like a inredible fast support! I guess you could say it really depends on the person you get on the phone/ticket submission.
  • morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Might wanna try posting in the bug forums or tech support forums versus the general forums if you are trying to report this on the forums seeking support....
  • immagikman2immagikman2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 180 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I tried the Support forums...the links to the "Contact Us" page is broken...which is what prompted me to post here as a last resort.

just got an email from my brother he has an email off to support at PWE, appears hsi entire PW accout is toast, meaning Neverwinter and STO and other games are inaccessible.....this kind of issue should always be fast tracked as it can lead to class action issues later if it becomes wide spread.
  • hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I tried the Support forums...the links to the "Contact Us" page is broken...which is what prompted me to post here as a last resort.

just got an email from my brother he has an email off to support at PWE, appears hsi entire PW accout is toast, meaning Neverwinter and STO and other games are inaccessible.....this kind of issue should always be fast tracked as it can lead to class action issues later if it becomes wide spread.

I hope you get this resolved but please spare us the "class action" nonsense
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    If you can't contact support through the ticketing system please send an e-mail to customersupport@perfectworld.com by using the e-mail tied to the PWE Account needing support.
    Also making another account can often bypass the redirect error bug which plagues a small amount of players.

Sadly they are backlogged and the response time is slower than it would be normally and slower than they wish. They are going through tickets as fast as possible but they are only human.

Unfortunately through the forums all I can do is give you my sincere hopes things are resolved as fast as possible. Neither myself or the other forum staff can solve account related issues.
This discussion has been closed.