test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cryptic connection issues

erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Made a pingtest before executing the launcher and:

81275586.png

Great! Time to play to NWO!
"Launcher autoupdate, please be patient." -> the game launcher didn't work 7 times.
At 8th time -> the game launcher finally opened but didn't load the page, always white loading screen (this issue 9 times.)
Finally i can login ingame and -> 3500 ping, 15890342 unpacked, then server not responding for 40 seconds and i dced LOL!
And now ofc the launcher is still not working...(btw if you ask i am already using the .exe file you applied into the launcher issues thread).
Ok Cryptic so it seems your connections gotta get fixed...
Post edited by erlucius on

Comments

• uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    it s normal, we need a european proxy that s all,
    Uriziel TR lev 60 Gear Rating 12400
    Uriziel GF Gear Rating 14800
    David Grave CW 10500 Gear Rating 6000 recovery(kripparian build)
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    uriziem wrote: »
    it s normal, we need a european proxy that s all,

And mods told me the connection would be fine for all of us <.<
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    That is not normal.

Try user the EU Proxy in the launcher selection. That might help.

If it doesn't there are a number of other issues which could cause that and sadly it's hard to prepare for until the problems arise. Players who are having high pings are not getting it due specifically because of locations. There are plenty of EU players who have 25-50 ping. There are also players in the US who have higher than expected ping.

It's not normal or expected. It's a problem that will get resolved and I promise you despite the common trend of though amongst MMO players the solution isn't to make location specific servers. :)
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    Made a pingtest before executing the launcher and:

81275586.png

Great! Time to play to NWO!
    "Launcher autoupdate, please be patient." -> the game launcher didn't work 7 times.
    At 8th time -> the game launcher finally opened but didn't load the page, always white loading screen (this issue 9 times.)
    Finally i can login ingame and -> 3500 ping, 15890342 unpacked, then server not responding for 40 seconds and i dced LOL!
    And now ofc the launcher is still not working...(btw if you ask i am already using the .exe file you applied into the launcher issues thread).
    Ok Cryptic so it seems your connections gotta get fixed...

1. You're testing with a random server in Rome, the game servers are in the US.

2. The issue doesn't have to be in your end or Cryptic's, if the problem is somewhere in the middle then Cryptic can't really do much about it.
  • erluciuserlucius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 213 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That is not normal.

If it doesn't there are a number of other issues which could cause that and sadly it's hard to prepare for until the problems arise. Players who are having high pings are not getting it due specifically because of locations. There are plenty of EU players who have 25-50 ping. There are also players in the US who have higher than expected ping.

It's not normal or expected. It's a problem that will get resolved and I promise you despite the common trend of though amongst MMO players the solution isn't to make location specific servers. :)

i'm already using a EU proxy :|
    If you have some more tips to make me try, then speak! cause i dunno what to do atm :|
    P.S.: If that might help, i've never had lag issues before
  • errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    That is not normal.

A lot of people are having lag issues after the patch and they all live in EU it seem. Here are 2 big threads about it.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?246291-Lag-Lag-and-lag&p=3251181#post3251181
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?240571-Pathetic-servers
  • uriziemuriziem Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 69
    edited May 2013
    That is not normal.

proxy EU doesn t work, u are a moderator and u not know this thing?
    Uriziem Monk Completionist 28 past life , DDO player since March 2006 (2006-2009 on Devourer server, 2009-2012 on Cannith server)
    ex officer and founder of Ordo Draconis, DDO Italian Elite Guild, now on NEVERWINTER
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    proxy EU doesn t work, u are a moderator and u not know this thing?

He's an unpaid volunteer, and I recommend trying the US proxy, I'm in the UK and the US proxy has halved my ping.
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    He's an unpaid volunteer, and I recommend trying the US proxy, I'm in the UK and the US proxy has halved my ping.
    with US ping i have 160/250 ms, in pve it s ok but in pvp is a real problem
    large.png
    picture sharing
    edited May 2013
    with US ping i have 160/250 ms, in pve it s ok but in pvp is a real problem

With US i cannot log, just like EU -.-'
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited May 2013
    The EU Proxy works for a portion of the players. I don't know why that's the case but I know some people in EU are positively effected by the EU Proxy and some people are negatively effected.

If you are using the EU Proxy and having high ping try to US one. Since the OP didn't specify I suggested the EU proxy considering that he may not have known to switch from the defaulted US Proxy. ;)
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    That is not normal.

Yes, as someone mentioned before, and I have several times also, using the EU proxy in fact causes FURTHER lag and more severe rubberbanding. You seem like a nice guy/gal with an interest in doing their job (thanks btw) so please in the interest in not getting leapt on and torn to shreds verbally and possibly mentally scarring some of the folks here, don't make suggestions which may worsen the problem without warning that it could also be the problem lol.

In fact, the EU proxy IS potentially CAUSING this problem xD

Edit: I did read that last post there, I find that odd has anyone of the "powers that be" made any comment on what could possibly be causing that to happen?

Seems weird that it's worse for some and better for others, I'd be concerned if the Underperforming EU proxy was ever an "improvement" lol as comparatively it's always underperformed for most folks and telling them to turn it off fixed their issues every time I've seen someone complain about lag when connecting from the EU (anecdotal I know)

edit 2: cos it looked like I was bloody threatening you if you misread my post XD fixed up now.
    edited May 2013
    The EU Proxy works for a portion of the players. I don't know why that's the case but I know some people in EU are positively effected by the EU Proxy and some people are negatively effected.

If you are using the EU and having high ping try to US one. Since the OP didn't specify I suggested the EU proxy considering that he may not have known to switch from the defaulted US Proxy. ;)

Yep you're right. but nope, none is working or fixing :|
    edited May 2013

If you are using the EU Proxy and having high ping try to US one. Since the OP didn't specify I suggested the EU proxy considering that he may not have known to switch from the defaulted US Proxy. ;)
    I m in swiss and proxy EU doesn t work
    large.png
    picture sharing
  • squall785squall785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm from Italy too and i'm having the same problem, i've played since 2 hours ago without any trouble but now it take ages even to pop me up th "play" button on the Launcher...
    lhytav2.png
    edited May 2013
    squall785 wrote: »
    I'm from Italy too and i'm having the same problem, i've played since 2 hours ago without any trouble but now it take ages even to pop me up th "play" button on the Launcher...

bump i'm italian too
  • maho4200maho4200 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 526 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I just tried the EU proxy and I couldn't even connect using that, is it working?

(I can connect without it but the last couple of days it has been laggy).
    Neverwinter Online Open Beta is an ongoing success
    edited May 2013
    When the CM's get on I'll ask them to relay some questions on the matter and see if I can get any more in depth knowledge on the subject.

For now all I know is what users on the forums tell me. And while many have issues with the EU Proxy others swear by it.
    And as a tech geek myself that doesn't make sense...but why would they lie? *shrugs*

As to the working nature of the proxies you've all truly exhausted my knowledge for the time being. All I can do is relay the information to the CM's so they can contact the powers that be.
    edited May 2013
    When the CM's get on I'll ask them to relay some questions on the matter and see if I can get any more in depth knowledge on the subject.

For now all I know is what users on the forums tell me. And while many have issues with the EU Proxy others swear by it.
    And as a tech geek myself that doesn't make sense...but why would they lie? *shrugs*

Because everyone is interested in selfish playing. if you can play then why bothering for others? :P
    It's not lying, it's just not giving a ***t about the game stability, just like what happened with dungeons bugs
  • errornametaken69errornametaken69 Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2013
    (Edit: didn't mean to quote that post)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?246291-Lag-Lag-and-lag/page5

...seem to have found the cause. A cut cable in the Atlantic. Link in the other thread.
    edited May 2013
    (Edit: didn't mean to quote that post)

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?246291-Lag-Lag-and-lag/page5

...seem to have found the cause. A cut cable in the Atlantic. Link in the other thread.

20000 leagues above the sea.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013

As to the working nature of the proxies you've all truly exhausted my knowledge for the time being. All I can do is relay the information to the CM's so they can contact the powers that be.

Well going by the tracerts in the other thread it's a routing issue which is resulting in a packet loss at the boston hop.
    Pretty sure those without issue probably have different tracert results which don't hit the same problem hop. (heh bunnies)
    Then again I'm NOT an expert and I'm going by my understanding of it.

Every time I've tried to use a proxy all I've seemed to be doing is adding more steps to communicating with the server, and increasing my ping by about 50ms overall. Anyways, hopefully you got to read the edit and not the early afternoon slightly lethargic original post I made which came across horribly like a bloomin pseudo threat, as opposed to a simple personal request to somewhat stem the tide of inevitable hyperbolic outrage xD

i'm sure you've noticed that green writing on your name reads to some as "aim flame and blame here" XD
  • squall785squall785 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    erlucius wrote: »
    20000 leagues above the sea.
    lol **** captain Nemo! XD
    lhytav2.png
  • v1ctor2kv1ctor2k Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    spyke2009 wrote: »
    Well going by the tracerts in the other thread it's a routing issue which is resulting in a packet loss at the boston hop.
    Pretty sure those without issue probably have different tracert results which don't hit the same problem hop. (heh bunnies)
    Then again I'm NOT an expert and I'm going by my understanding of it.
    It's not a routing issue. I ran a tracert to the Cryptic patch server and guess what, 130ms and zero PL.