test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hi! Relatively new player here, really enjoying the game, ran into three issues

koticgoodkoticgood Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hi all, I'm new to this game, playing quite casually and just enjoying the wonderful gameplay and setting. There are a few issues that are heavily impacting my ability to enjoy the game:

1) The daily quests are extremely inconvenient. To get a daily quest, I have to go back to protector's enclave. Then, I have to queue for a dungeon/skirmish (the two dailies that appeal to me), which can take 5-30 minutes. On top of all that, and something that has happened to me a few times already, the daily quests become incompletable after I level up once or twice. I traveled all the way back to protector's enclave, obtained the daily skirmish quests, traveled all the way back out to where I was interrupted during questing, and then after I leveled up, the skirmish was no longer available to queue for. So, if I want to do the daily, I have to repeat the process all over again. My suggestion:
-Make Rhix, similar to his wife, be able to communicate with players wherever they are in the world.
-Make daily quests automatically update to a new skirmish/dungeon if the previous one is now not available to queue for (moot point if Rhix is globally available to players)
-Try to reduce queue times for dungeons/skirmishes. The queue time for a skirmish is often as long or longer than the time it actually takes to complete the event.

2) Server not responding during load screens (usually when entering a new zone). This ranges anywhere from 20-130 seconds in my experience, and can be quite disruptive to immersion in the game.

3) The auction house is pretty much unusable. The search parameters don't seem to work, and you can't sort by buyout.

Hopefully these can be fixed, but even so, this game is very enjoyable, so thanks!
Post edited by koticgood on

Comments

• Options
    sormirsormir Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wait till you hit lvl 60 all your dailies are for content that isn't even in the game yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluedarkybluedarky Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    koticgood wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm new to this game, playing quite casually and just enjoying the wonderful gameplay and setting. There are a few issues that are heavily impacting my ability to enjoy the game:

1) The daily quests are extremely inconvenient. To get a daily quest, I have to go back to protector's enclave. Then, I have to queue for a dungeon/skirmish (the two dailies that appeal to me), which can take 5-30 minutes. On top of all that, and something that has happened to me a few times already, the daily quests become incompletable after I level up once or twice. I traveled all the way back to protector's enclave, obtained the daily skirmish quests, traveled all the way back out to where I was interrupted during questing, and then after I leveled up, the skirmish was no longer available to queue for. So, if I want to do the daily, I have to repeat the process all over again. My suggestion:
    -Make Rhix, similar to his wife, be able to communicate with players wherever they are in the world.
    -Make daily quests automatically update to a new skirmish/dungeon if the previous one is now not available to queue for (moot point if Rhix is globally available to players)
    -Try to reduce queue times for dungeons/skirmishes. The queue time for a skirmish is often as long or longer than the time it actually takes to complete the event.

The first part can be fixed by pressing L and clicking on the dailies image in the bottom right corner to pick up and hand in your daily missions. The rest is a combination of various issues.
    2) Server not responding during load screens (usually when entering a new zone). This ranges anywhere from 20-130 seconds in my experience, and can be quite disruptive to immersion in the game.

Close the game, open the launcher, click options, put a checkmark in "Disable on demand patching", click ok, exit launcher, restart the launcher, download the rest of the game, watch this issue vanish.
    3) The auction house is pretty much unusable. The search parameters don't seem to work, and you can't sort by buyout.

Can't give you much advice for this i'm afraid, except that the one in the gateway (gateway.playneverwinter.com) does allow you to sort by buyout.
    Hopefully these can be fixed, but even so, this game is very enjoyable, so thanks!

I hope my advice helps you too enjoy the game. Also I really would recommend trying some of the Foundry content especially for the daily, some of the best writing in the game can be found in there.
  • Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Since most of your questions seemed to be answered above, I'm only gonna add shameless advertising that you can join the NWO-Newbies channel from my guide if you have more questions in-game.
  • Options
    koticgoodkoticgood Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    bluedarky wrote: »
    I hope my advice helps you too enjoy the game. Also I really would recommend trying some of the Foundry content especially for the daily, some of the best writing in the game can be found in there.

Your advice really did help! I wish there hadn't been a several day buffer on new users posting, but I'm glad I made this thread. The AH not being usable was not as much an issue, but the other 2 really were crippling my enjoyment of the game, however small they may seem. Thanks :D
  • Options
    nasuradinnasuradin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Its almost impossible to find anything in the AH with all the broken filters unless you know the name of what you are looking for, for this, the auction broker really helps since he'll point out a few things, and you can search for them by name, better than going through 400 items that aren't remotely near your level (because the AH caps at 400 even if theres more)

I've also had times when checking "Usable by me" gave me less results than if I just filtered by class, even though the additional items that showed up when filtering by class were still "usable by me"

At least when you hit 60, and the broker no longer suggests anything useful, you can also filter by very rare, and only look at purples, most of them are lvl 60 only anyways.

Also when checking the broker at lower levels, half the time any time he suggests a blue item with multiple copies in the AH, it could be a seal item someone bought and put on the AH, if you don't want to farm seals, then perfect, buy it with diamonds. Otherwise check the seal vendors on each corner of the market to see if you can afford the item already with seals.