test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

This must be watched by Dev's

spazy1spazy1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Explaining how badly PW is making this game bad and opinions on how they can fix it.

(If u dont want to watch the 11mins) tl;dr "pay to win aspect will wreck the games replay ability but balancing the time and effort to gaining things without having to pay real money will make it fair. because atm it is 100% pay to win."

Yes i know u can spend all day grinding out making AD to exchange for Zen but the time it takes to make $3 worth of Zen gear is far to long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z-3cFiJMCY
Post edited by spazy1 on

Comments

• lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I don't think I will even waste the time to click the link, thanks for tl;dr, it just proved that it is some clueless person rant as he clearly haven't see pay to win game yet if he thinks this one is it.

Its pay to safe time with the exception of coalescent wards, but hey! You can get these of AH too, so in practice its ALL about pay to safe time.

AND if you think you will make any decent AD to zen using only daily refined ADs, then you play it wrong. I've started from 0 from day 1, havent spent anything on the game, yet I had 2.700 ZEN total. Magic? Nope, AH&Crafting.

And no, 3 mil AD isn't that long if you know what you are doing. I've had probably 2-2.5 mil by now if I haven't spend it on gear/bags/zen, again without spending a single euro.

Moreover if you think the game is pay to win, then guess what, YOU are the target customer, because it will annoy you, unable to make decent ADs and will make you spend zen for convenience items as that is the only thing the shop provides.
  • itsafactitsafact Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    That's an "old" video already.
    Inb4 fanboys attacking Kripp because he's X/Y/Z things which are completely unrelated with his argument.
  • asakochanasakochan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    this is the third time a thread is open just to be posted that link. Is getting old...
  • lyokiralyokira Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I've yet to come across a convincing argument of why P2W is bad for anything but PvP anyway. (if someone posted one in reply to my query of a convincing argument in a different threat, please point me to it: I might have missed it)
  • spazy1spazy1 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    /snip
    So you're saying by removing any competitive aspect to the game and restrict it only to the people who pay to have the best gear is wrong. I think you're arguing the wrong point.

End game dungeons- If their will be a timing instead of a guild or group farming hard as they can to achieve the fastest time you merely spend $100 and clear it with ease.

Also sorry i have not seen this video posted i only come here with bug reports or suggestions. This is one of them.
    edited May 2013
    All i'm saying is make the aspect ratio of Zen buys to people that cant buy it a little closer. of course the person paying will be better off but atm its a landslide.
    edited May 2013
    spazy1 wrote: »
    So you're saying by removing any competitive aspect to the game and restrict it only to the people who pay to have the best gear is wrong. I think you're arguing the wrong point.

End game dungeons- If their will be a timing instead of a guild or group farming hard as they can to achieve the fastest time you merely spend $100 and clear it with ease.

Also sorry i have not seen this video posted i only come here with bug reports or suggestions. This is one of them.

You are so far from my point I begin to wonder if you have left solar system yet.
    I'm saying that $ gets you SOME things FASTER, you won't have anything better.
    Thats what I'm saying.
    Learn some reading comprehension.
  • mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    I don't generally agree with Kripparian but he has some solid points.

No point in arguing it though. Fanboys will always disagree (of which this forum has many) and PWE already has shoddy business ethics, why bother changing something when it makes them thousands of dollars?
    edited May 2013
    You are so far from my point I begin to wonder if you have left solar system yet.
    I'm saying that $ gets you SOME things FASTER, you won't have anything better.
    Thats what I'm saying.
    Learn some reading comprehension.

You're obviously not getting the point I'm trying to prove.(Even tho you stated you have spent nothing above) Enjoy your $200 mount lol

But yes lyokira you are right pve is where it will hit the hardest but i just cant see PW sitting in a board room thinking this is going to make people want to play this game more (more people playing more money) etcetc They cant really rely on lerdocix spending $200 each time he wants to look special.
  • callmedeuxcallmedeux Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    tl dr

I spent cash in this game because the games cool.

Didnt get a founder pack or anything but spent about 170$ on zen/other ish and im happy with the purchase. Get your money up.

Peace

And nubs thinking you can just "buy gear and clear"

K well whip out the credit card buy gear and then I want to see you clear CN with your group. Thats right you won't, because you actually need to have an understanding of this game and how to play your class to full clear CN, not just "haz gear".

Not using brain is no brain
  • mrtastixmrtastix Member Posts: 31
    edited May 2013
    callmedeux wrote: »
    tl dr

I spent cash in this game because the games cool.

Didnt get a founder pack or anything but spent about 170$ on zen/other ish and im happy with the purchase. Get your money up.

Peace

And nubs thinking you can just "buy gear and clear"

K well whip out the credit card buy gear and then I want to see you clear CN with your group. Thats right you won't, because you actually need to have an understanding of this game and how to play your class to full clear CN, not just "haz gear".

Not using brain is no brain

If you're rich enough you don't need skill, you can buy a Scroll of Life and keep using them to avoid death. Scrolls of Mass Life will help you and your party!

The biggest problem with the pay-to-win model is that it creates a huge rift between the rich who can afford to buy these items and those who cannot. We already have a rift between the rich and poor in real life, why do we need that emulated in a game?

This game will be inevitably split into two sides.

The elitist rich who believe that wealth is everything and don't mind wasting money (or having huge credit debts) on something that'll need replaced in a months time (that's how PWE/Cryptic will screw you for more money, by the way).

Then we have the cynical poor who are happy to play the game with their mates having fun but will forever despise those who can skip the queue and be awarded heavily for it. They will never get to experience the higher levels of content (which will be increased more rapidly as more people start buying ways to avoid most fights) and be forced to avoid PVP unless they enjoy being wiped by the elitist rich.

That's why pay-to-win is horrible.

The economy will eventually stabilize making it easier to reach higher/better content without paying but, knowing PWE, they will simply increase the rate (and difficulty) at which they release new content so that people keep paying.

Welcome to Perfect World Entertainment, where the world is anything but.
    edited May 2013
    mrtastix wrote: »
    If you're rich enough you don't need skill, you can buy a Scroll of Life and keep using them to avoid death. Scrolls of Mass Life will help you and your party!

The biggest problem with the pay-to-win model is that it creates a huge rift between the rich who can afford to buy these items and those who cannot. We already have a rift between the rich and poor in real life, why do we need that emulated in a game?

So go ahead and enjoy your version of the game with your parents credit card, your huge debt and your mates who think wealth is everything, whilst I sit on the side who refuses to pay that amount and absolutely despises the rift it creates.

Finally a convincing argument, the main issue of P2W is the rift it creates. However, there are many thing which can create a potential rift, P2W is but one of them. Skill level also creates a rift; should we cripple everyone who's skilled and buff everyone who's not so they can play together? Gear tiers creates a rift: should we remove all gear differences from the game? Levels creates a rift. Maybe we should remove all forms of level progression?
    edited May 2013
    You're obviously not getting the point I'm trying to prove.(Even tho you stated you have spent nothing above) Enjoy your $200 mount lol
    600k ADs more and guess what? I will. That will take me about a week since I got lazy now.
    And guess what? I still haven't spent a single $, while people like you will come, qq and go, because you are not the targeted audience, you are expendable server space.
    But yes lyokira you are right pve is where it will hit the hardest but i just cant see PW sitting in a board room thinking this is going to make people want to play this game more (more people playing more money) etcetc They cant really rely on lerdocix spending $200 each time he wants to look special.
    One thick of a skull we have on here, right?
    You might have missed where I mentioned few times already that I'm making Zen easily using games own economy without spending anything, but let me help you by giving you a free tissue and a pointer to next F2P mmo you will not understand and call P2W regardless of its model. Guess I'm just a better players since I can achieve anything I want in a reasonable amount of time without using my wallet, while you drawn in your own tears caused by inability to earn ADs. Well, good luck in the future, I'm sure you're prety successful in life as you clearly suck in game too much.
    edited May 2013
    I haven't stated if i was good or not at the game nor have i stated how much money I've put into the game. (sadly over $150) i merely am bringing up this point because pw has something good and if people continue to let it slide (like you) it will be wrecked for everyone.
    You are the one getting frustrated obviously just from the mere sight of this subject. Sensitive much?

Discussion/Argument/Debate maybe you need some revision. :)
    edited May 2013
    600k ADs more and guess what? I will. That will take me about a week since I got lazy now.
    And guess what? I still haven't spent a single $, while people like you will come, qq and go, because you are not the targeted audience, you are expendable server space.

One thick of a skull we have on here, right?
    You might have missed where I mentioned few times already that I'm making Zen easily using games own economy without spending anything, but let me help you by giving you a free tissue and a pointer to next F2P mmo you will not understand and call P2W regardless of its model. Guess I'm just a better players since I can achieve anything I want in a reasonable amount of time without using my wallet, while you drawn in your own tears caused by inability to earn ADs. Well, good luck in the future, I'm sure you're prety successful in life as you clearly suck in game too much.
    Except that it's the "P2W" people who provides Zen into the economy. I guess that does somewhat balances out the P2W aspect admittedly. (for each amount of Zen a "P2W" player spends in the exchange, a presumably non-"P2W" player gets the same amount of Zen to equalize the situation)
    edited May 2013
    I'm not letting anything slide, I'm being realistic, played way too many F2P games not to be.
    Game is free to play, you can get convinience items, targeted audience are the players who will pay, regardless of if they will stay or go, new will come and will pay, players who don't pay can manage(like me) or quit, PWE doesn't care for them, they don't bring profits. Key is to attract enough paying players to balance quitting ones.
    At the end PEW wins anyway.

That is all.
    Nothing more, nothing less. Simple business model that catches in its net people who are deluded with "F2P" mark.

I might have angry troll attitude sometimes, just have to put up with it.
    lyokira wrote: »
    Except that it's the "P2W" people who provides Zen into the economy. I guess that does somewhat balances out the P2W aspect admittedly. (for each amount of Zen a "P2W" player spends in the exchange, a presumably non-"P2W" player gets the same amount of Zen to equalize the situation)
    Exactly. I don't see why I would want to use my wallet, when I can use my time and economy skills.
    At the end both players win, me for getting healthy quantity of zen without spending anything and player who invested money gets what he wanted. Win win situation for free to play player(me), paying player(ones who put Zen into games eco) and PWE who got the players money.
    And thats pretty much how it goes and how it will go.

The only players who loose here are the ones who try to make their in game living only by RAD conversion but even them can get account wide green mount in about 6 weeks of playing(assuming they get 100% rad conversion rate).
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Explaining how badly PW is making this game bad and opinions on how they can fix it.

(If u dont want to watch the 11mins) tl;dr "pay to win aspect will wreck the games replay ability but balancing the time and effort to gaining things without having to pay real money will make it fair. because atm it is 100% pay to win."

Yes i know u can spend all day grinding out making AD to exchange for Zen but the time it takes to make $3 worth of Zen gear is far to long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z-3cFiJMCY

Nice,a repost video of a known exploit abuser that broadcasts exploits to thousands world wide,who in turn abuse same exploits.

You actually hurt your case by producing this rehash of kripparains.A no-life,exploit early and exploit often view holder.

I'd maybe even have been interested in discussion had you relied on your own opinion and view,rather than using someone elses for weight.

EDIT:Maybe the devs should also watch his stream and see first hand how their game is exploited and said exploits shown to thousands ?

Cheers
  • wrenaqwrenaq Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have spent the grand total of 10$ on this game so far and I have a level 60 with a gear score of over 10k, opened around 20 nightmare boxes (got sod all in them though).
    I sell wards and enhancements mostly on the AH to get my stuff.
    PTW it is not pay to save time it is.
    edited May 2013
    datemper wrote: »
    Nice,a repost video of a known exploit abuser that broadcasts exploits to thousands world wide,who in turn abuse same exploits.

You actually hurt your case by producing this rehash of kripparains.A no-life,exploit early and exploit often view holder.

I'd maybe even have been interested in discussion had relied on your own opinion and view,rathet than using someone elses for weight.

EDIT:Maybe the devs should also watch his stream and see first hand how their game is exploited and said exploits shown to thousands ?

Cheers

Sharing exploits enough will make the devs see them. Although he does find alot of them maybe pw should be paying him to find them dont see you making videos highlighting flaws in games? Again if you read up i have said sorry for the repost..

Also i like that statement it is a pay to save time. But its really really pay to save time.
  • datemperdatemper Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 210 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Sharing exploits enough will make the devs see them. Although he does find alot of them maybe pw should be paying him to find them dont see you making videos highlighting flaws in games? Again if you read up i have said sorry for the repost..

Also i like that statement it is a pay to save time. But its really really pay to save time.

Firstly devs see exploits by them being reported,not by being distributed amongst thousands of abusers.

Secondly.Krip doesn't find these bugs/exploits and in fact I've seen him actively reading up on the know how of one particular bugged boss fight while trying to exploit it with his party.Do some research mate,all the bugs/exploits he has abused are already well documented/reported.He actively seeks them out or is given the information by like minded players/fans.

Thirdly if I was to make videos of myself actively abusing exploits,I'd fully expect to be getting a perma ban from the games devs for knowingly distributing exploitable content for personal gain. (Kripparian does make money from his Twitch Stream)

I'll stick with reporting bugs and then not abusing them thankyou. =P

About the repost,no problem,I jumped cause sick of seeing the same vid is all.
  • spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    It was a first impression video. He was going by a lot of second hand information and general feedback

*tries to hold straight face... and visibly struggles*

It was a "BETA" of his review folks...