test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

In-game mail

lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was just curious if in-game mail is bugged because I have 2 characters and only 1 can see
all the mail in my mailbox even old mail from STO. Is that normal or should I contact support
about it?
Post edited by lordblackwolf2k on

Comments

• Options
    morbicmorbic Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It happens since a lot of Cryptic games are connected together for mail/custom channels in the same system. Only messages appear to be shared and not the items in the messages.
  • Options
    lordblackwolf2klordblackwolf2k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I should've been more clear. If I send mail to myself using @<handle> only the character that sent it can see it and when I check with the other character no new mail is shown.
  • Options
    runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry, I should've been more clear. If I send mail to myself using @<handle> only the character that sent it can see it and when I check with the other character no new mail is shown.

In my case all my characters can see anything sent to my @handle. Only mail bug I get is double messages when I delete something. So you might want to go ahead and contact support.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • Options
    dixa1dixa1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    'm more annoyed when the new mail thing is lit up all day but the only way i can see it is if i log into sto.

fleet mail almost never shows up in neverwinter, but the new email icon remains lit until i log into sto to check/delete it. so irritating with there being only one mailbox in the entire game.
  • Options
    sruursruur Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I have exactly the same problem. But then I've read the "extended FAQ" and it turns out you can't mail yourself between shards. I believe that's what's happening here. Since the mail can't be delivered, it just stays in the sender's inbox. If only I knew this earlier, before I leveled up my second character...

Edit: oh and what's interesting (and funny) is how exactly the same happens when you send the mail to othercharname@handle. It still stays in your inbox.