test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Review my awesome quest and I will review yours.

porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
edited May 2013 in The Foundry
Hello all. I just finished my first Foundry quest, and I think it's worth a share. It would be great to get it out of the "reviewing" stage. It's relatively easy and straightforward; 10 to 20 minutes-ish and perfectly soloable. Lots of adult humor. Info is below- post yours and I will review trade!

Mansion of Madness
NW-DMG5882j5
@porpoisealert
Post edited by porpoisealert on

Comments

• porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    Bumping for responses :P
  • shorlongshorlong Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 286 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I'll definitely take a look at it and add it to my list. Mine is in my sig.
    My quest was deleted in July of 2013. There were no issues, it had not violated any rules. Was deemed a bug. That quest is still missing.

RIP - Dirty Politics May 21st, 2013 - July 30th, 2013
  • aristarchos01aristarchos01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sure I will review it for you. Trying to get mine out of the Review Helltab also

Mine is
    Quest: "The Kidnapped Bride"
    Author @Aristarchos
    Short Code : NW-DP3KMHTRP
    Duration : About 17-20 minutes
    Average difficulty with a (hopefully) flowing storyline
    Quest : The Kidnapped Bride Short Code : NW-DP3KMHTRP Author : @Aristarchos
  • porpoisealertporpoisealert Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited May 2013
    I'll run through both of yours within the next hour (depending on how long they are.)
    edited May 2013
    Both your quests have been played and reviewed (positively, I might add.) Looking forward to your reviews!
  • zelrantzelrant Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'm gonna review yours, review mine too! It's my first foundry quest so I really want some feedback. Thanks!

NW-DFJR2DOH6 - The Epic: Secrets of Shiganshina
  • beeper917beeper917 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I just published my first foundry quest last night. I can't seem to search for it though. How long on average does it take before it shows up?
  • lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello all. I just finished my first Foundry quest, and I think it's worth a share. It would be great to get it out of the "reviewing" stage. It's relatively easy and straightforward; 10 to 20 minutes-ish and perfectly soloable. Lots of adult humor. Info is below- post yours and I will review trade!

Mansion of Madness
    NW-DMG5882j5
    @porpoisealert

Nice work on this quest. The ending was very cute. I would suggest maybe thinking about adding some dialog options for females who are playing the quest as well.
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
  • sirhc2sirhc2 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi, was wondering if anyone could review my campaign. I modeled it after the D&D Red Box beginner campaign if anyone has played it. The first quest of the campaign is pretty much just a prologue to lead you into the second. So it is short and simple. The second quest of the campaign is much harder, and I recommend bringing a group and lots of pots.

Campaign -D&D Red Box Campaign[COLOR=NWS-DCS2HQ27J
    Chapter I First Encounter: NW-DALZWIS9L
    Chapter II The Twisting Halls: NW-DHELEPLXV

Please be gentle. Constructive criticism is welcome. Flaming and trolling isn't. I will search for and review as many quests as i can.
  • crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    beeper917 wrote: »
    I just published my first foundry quest last night. I can't seem to search for it though. How long on average does it take before it shows up?

There are still a bunch of foundry bugs. If you can't locate it using the short code (found in the foundry on the quest) then make a minor change and republish. Usually it takes me 10 minutes ish to see the publish.

I HOPE they are fixing the problems with locating our quests that have been trapped in limbo since close to when Open Beta started. Many of us from the alpha had to suck it up and know that our quests will likely never get seen again unless people find it by accident (IE search by author or title) They don't live on any tab anymore and haven't for WEEKS.

edit: Mansion of madness added to our list to try later tonight :)
  • kyeo138kyeo138 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I'll give you a running commentary as I play through it. If you could play mine I'd appreciate it. 10-20min quest as well:
    Those Steamy Neverwinter Nights
    NW-DI8PEGHIB

Thanks!

1. Might want to add some kind of contact before the first objective of 'Go to the mansion of madness'. Maybe if you clicked on a book or one of the people in town who would tell you about the mansion first? It would give it a little backstory, and prep the player on what to expect. Ahh, just made it to the worried looking man saying he posted it on the board. What if you changed the objective to 'Respond to job board posting' or something like that? It's not really that big of a deal, just some ideas :)

2. I like the look of the front doors to the mansion. The torch on the right is just a little bit too deep (inside the door) than the one on the left. You can look at the x/y/z coords in the editor to make them match up.

3. Love the innuendos in the dialog, I literally lol'd. I really like how you could ask about each floor too.

4. The first floor is kinda sparse. Maybe you intended it that way. You could add some upturned furniture or paintings on the walls, or even have them crooked/lying on the ground like the place was ransacked.

5. The window is titled Cathedral Of Madness Windows 01 (may want to change the name)

6. The drow girl was hot haha. I like how you had the barrier there then disappear.

7. The trap level was very easy for me as a rogue. I just disabled a few and made it right past (appreciate the bonfire there).

8. Did I mention I love the dialog? The riddles and the insults are great. Very old-school & cheesy feel like kings/space quest games.

9. Nice job on those golems if you get an answer wrong. I was playing around and they're a perfect difficulty for getting an easy riddle wrong.

10. Haha the chicken dialog, ahhahahaha. A tough fight b/c of the ogre & wizard. I killed the wizard right away, but the ogre took 10x as long to kill. It didn't feel totally balanced to me. I expected the wizard to be tougher. Maybe make the wizard a little harder and lose the ogre?

11. OK seriously the dialog had me laughing out loud again. Can I hire you to re-write the dialog in my quest? lol Just kidding, sort of... I'd pay you in some AD ;) I can't wait for the next quest where we have to rescue the beautiful pig-lady!

Aside from some interior decorating and minor item placement, the quest was a blast. Spruce up the mansion a bit, and you got a winner here. LOVED IT, subscribing.
    edited May 2013
    Zelrant, I will run through your quest tonight after I finish up Mt. Hotenow.
    edited May 2013
    sirhc2 wrote: »
    Hi, was wondering if anyone could review my campaign. I modeled it after the D&D Red Box beginner campaign if anyone has played it. The first quest of the campaign is pretty much just a prologue to lead you into the second. So it is short and simple. The second quest of the campaign is much harder, and I recommend bringing a group and lots of pots.

Campaign -D&D Red Box Campaign[COLOR=NWS-DCS2HQ27J
    Chapter I First Encounter: NW-DALZWIS9L
    Chapter II The Twisting Halls: NW-DHELEPLXV

Please be gentle. Constructive criticism is welcome. Flaming and trolling isn't. I will search for and review as many quests as i can.

I'll totally run through this in an hour or two. The first one anyway, I have no guild to run through the second one with :P
    edited May 2013
    crok2 wrote: »

edit: Mansion of madness added to our list to try later tonight :)

Rad, I will be glad to see your review.
    edited May 2013
    kyeo138 wrote: »
    I'll give you a running commentary as I play through it. If you could play mine I'd appreciate it. 10-20min quest as well:
    Those Steamy Neverwinter Nights
    NW-DI8PEGHIB

Thanks!

1. Might want to add some kind of contact before the first objective of 'Go to the mansion of madness'. Maybe if you clicked on a book or one of the people in town who would tell you about the mansion first? It would give it a little backstory, and prep the player on what to expect. Ahh, just made it to the worried looking man saying he posted it on the board. What if you changed the objective to 'Respond to job board posting' or something like that? It's not really that big of a deal, just some ideas :)

2. I like the look of the front doors to the mansion. The torch on the right is just a little bit too deep (inside the door) than the one on the left. You can look at the x/y/z coords in the editor to make them match up.

3. Love the innuendos in the dialog, I literally lol'd. I really like how you could ask about each floor too.

4. The first floor is kinda sparse. Maybe you intended it that way. You could add some upturned furniture or paintings on the walls, or even have them crooked/lying on the ground like the place was ransacked.

5. The window is titled Cathedral Of Madness Windows 01 (may want to change the name)

6. The drow girl was hot haha. I like how you had the barrier there then disappear.

7. The trap level was very easy for me as a rogue. I just disabled a few and made it right past (appreciate the bonfire there).

8. Did I mention I love the dialog? The riddles and the insults are great. Very old-school & cheesy feel like kings/space quest games.

9. Nice job on those golems if you get an answer wrong. I was playing around and they're a perfect difficulty for getting an easy riddle wrong.

10. Haha the chicken dialog, ahhahahaha. A tough fight b/c of the ogre & wizard. I killed the wizard right away, but the ogre took 10x as long to kill. It didn't feel totally balanced to me. I expected the wizard to be tougher. Maybe make the wizard a little harder and lose the ogre?

11. OK seriously the dialog had me laughing out loud again. Can I hire you to re-write the dialog in my quest? lol Just kidding, sort of... I'd pay you in some AD ;) I can't wait for the next quest where we have to rescue the beautiful pig-lady!

Aside from some interior decorating and minor item placement, the quest was a blast. Spruce up the mansion a bit, and you got a winner here. LOVED IT, subscribing.

Excellent feedback, kyeo. I'm going to go unsubmit my quest in a bit and make some of the changes you suggested. I'll run through your quest shortly!

Edit: And yes, I would totally help you with dialogue for a little AD and a writer's credit in the quest info :P I still haven't run through the quest yet, but I will be in contact.
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the review! I'll see what I can do to make the whole "motivated by sex" theme a bit more diverse.
    edited May 2013
    All right! All quests but kyeo's tested and reviewed. Kyeo, I will do yours soon. I was in the middle of it last night when my internet freaked out and booted me; now your quest won't show in my journal and I can't reaccept it until it's gone or finished :-/ But I will do it the moment I can!

In other news, I got my 5 reviews! I will continue to trade reviews anyway, so anyone else who sees this thread should be encouraged to post their info to trade. Hit me up! My reviews so far include:

"I really enjoyed the humor of the entire thing. The encounters were fun but the dialogue was the best! Great work."

"I loved this quest. Made me LOL more than a few times. Can't wait for more chapters of the story!"
  • notauriousnotaurious Member Posts: 156 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Checking it out now. The info for my quest is in the sig below.

Cut/Paste code: NW-DJC4R9H3R
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Short Code Copy/Paste: NW-DJC4R9H3R
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I will take at look at your quest, always enjoy seeing peoples work :) Hopefully you will check out mine sometime as well.

Campaign: Resurrection of Xunvrae (4 parts)
    Quest Name: The bones of Xunvrae
    Author: Elimgarak83
    Short Code: NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    Tags: Story, Explore, Combat
    Tested: 14 GWF, 60 CW, 60 DC, 29 CW
    Quest forum post: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?235592-Resurrection-of-Xunvrae
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • zekrallmizzrymzekrallmizzrym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 101 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Just played your quest, rating and comment left in game.

Not bad, quick funny quest.

Notes

1. The test of endurance didn't seem much like an endurance test, only 2 packs of undead.
    2. Entrance door to the tower looks a little out of place, its a large metal door almost as big as the house.
    3. Trap level: Currently traps are worthless. Just walk over them all and take 10 damage. If traps were deadly, then only a rogue could complete that room. As they all overlap with no safe passage.
    Resurrection of Xunvrae - NWS-DNNZST5FJ
    House Arken'etts' power is shattered, to restore this once proud house Xunvrae must return.
  • voivodakvoivodak Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 147 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    My quest is in sign. I'm going to play yours in few minutes, then i'll review it. I'd be happy if you could return the favor ;)

edit : just played it. Well, what can i say? the dialogues are funny as well as the erotic interludes. Make the experience of a creepy dungeon with this irony can give an extra value to the quest. However I have found the rooms a little bare and finally, it lacks a real story that you can follow
    My Campaign and Quest :

Campaign - In The Streams of Inferno
    Act I : The Fear That Freeze - nw-dnuzsyeey
    Act II : Demons Never Sleep - nw-dbj2us96n
    edited May 2013
    All right. Everyone who posted in this thread has had their quest tried (and all but two cases I reviewed after.)

In "The Fear That Freeze" you put a sparkly door in that automatically ended your quest when I interacted with it. It was pretty near the end, too, which was both disappointing and relieving. You need to work on your dialogue a lot- maybe get someone else to do it for you who has English as a first language. The quest could have been good, but lines like "You are the stupid who want go into forest" broke it for me.

"The Resurrection of Xunvrae" was unfinishable because I couldn't find the altar that I was supposed to destroy. You didn't set a quest objective marker for it, so after searching through the entire dungeon and finding nothing, I just left. You need to do something with that.
    edited May 2013
    Since you were so kind to review mine...

I could not finish yours. Could not locate last portal.

Felt pretty hastily put together, not really challenging, riddles were not very riddling, didn't really laugh ever. I wanted to like your dungeon, but I just couldn't. I did like how you had "6 levels," but a mansion of all hallways and a few rooms seems deceptive. Not sure about ending, could not complete it. Either something is wrong with my computer or the last portal was removed or placed in a weird spot at some edit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Possibly it bugged out for you. Nobody else so far has had any trouble finishing it.
    edited May 2013
    Possibly it bugged out for you. Nobody else so far has had any trouble finishing it.

Possibly. I tried logging out/in. Started back at first room and went through all of the rooms. No portal. I even scaled the wall in the back and accessed the portal to the last room again, in case that was a mechanism, and all it did was take me back to the 5th room.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, strange. In the final room there is no portal, just an exit door that becomes available after the final two set of dialogue and the reward chest.

Edit: I mean, other than the portal that takes you into the room.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Done, 5 stars for having a great sense of humor, good stuff. Mine is in my signature.
  • pavvopavvo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hi have just rated and reviewed your quest. Love the ending. The questions and traps part was also very innovative. Appreciate a review in return.

Campaign Name: The Tale of the 3 Suns NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    Quest 1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    Quest 2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    Author: @pavvo
    Est. Time per quest: 19min Solo. Can be duoed.
    Note: Quest 2 presents you with choices that determine how the quest will play out. This gives the quest an amount of replayability depending on the choice you make :)

Campaign Name: The Legend of Khyber NWS-DK33EIYMY
    Quest 1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    Quest 2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Author: @pavvo
    Est Time per quest: 15 min solo. Can be duoed
    Notes: These 2 quests are heavy combay with light story. If you like waves of enemies with a story to tie it all in, this is for you.

Cheers
    The Tale of the 3 Suns - NWS-DA9XX8WIV
    #1: 3 Suns Aligned NW-DFEKZANXF
    #2: The Amulet of the Shining Sun NW-DRKKGUI26
    #2 has choices that give a high amount of replayability

The Legend of Khyber - NWS-DK33EIYMY
    #1: The Holy Symbol of Khyber NW-DU3HEVWJ7
    #2: The Gauntlets of Khyber NW-DN0006FAZ
    Heavy combat/light story
  • vold316vold316 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I will review you quest.
    The info about my quest is in my signature. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The harder the game, the better."
  • g2fhouliganzg2fhouliganz Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

Just finished my first quest also. Would appreciate any feedback thanks :)

NW-DFOZ7YWL6 - Betrayed: Reclaim the Castle