test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sugestion for threat fix/GF included

itheryelitheryel Member Posts: 335 Bounty Hunter
edited May 2013 in The Temple
Hiy all im pretty new to the game, so if i make some mistakes in my logic feel free to point them out.

Atm the threat seems to be really buggy for clerics, and people are handling it as it is, but i would like to make a sugestion to alture it.

What i was thinking was to change the "righteusnes" mechanic to a cast ability and it would do the following.

Cooldown = entire instance
Effect = reduce self heal to 50% and transfer 50% threat to a GWF/GF (wont include CW/TR/DC here because of obviues griefing)

They could change the name to "Righteus aliance" ore something funky :D

Once it is cast inside an instance it cannot be undone, for the obviues reason to not allow togling between 100% self heal and 50%, note that with this change solo play wil receive 100% self heal, however i dont think this is a bad thing ore should be heavily dismissed.

I feel that this change could both help out the cleric, and make the GF a more atractive team choice to actively tank more. If i fail to realise something about the game mechanics, please point it out.
Hope i made a contribution to the forums with my first post :) Cu all ingame
-Itheryel-
Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
Post edited by itheryel on

Comments

• Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    How about a toggle?

"You heal yourself for 40% less of your heals, but you do 40% more damage." <--- for soloing

"You heal yourself for 100% of your heals, but you do 40% less damage." <--- for grouping

I agree that a threat funnel would be awesome, but it shouldn't be tied to our heals, IMO.

"You transfer 50% of your threat to target ally." or whatever
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Atm we already have 40% self heal reduction, i was wondering why not link it with something beneficial? and fix an issue at the same time considering "tanks" in this game. If u where able to boost there threat as a cleric it would be a great synergy between them.

U sugest +40% damage? thats just rude sorry, we have no need for damage increase. The fact that u would get 100% self heal for soloing is already questionable with my proposition...
    But the threat issue is directly linked with how tanks are unable to perform there "duty" and become obsolete, and with this implemented u would fix 2 issue's at once.

1. threat issue
    2. tank viability lategame issue
    Petram Sacram - I am no devine cleric, i am a Gaurdian fighter in disguise with better threat and supportive spells -
  • Options
    deistikdeistik Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 658 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Wow, talk about going over your head. The WHOLE reason for a -40% heal reduction is because apparently clerics can solo too well. You knew that, right? So.... a 40% heal reduction makes sense when you're soloing, IF you get something beneficial in return. Quite obviously, I outlined I'd rather have full heals and **** offense in a group setting.

OMG sorry for offending you and/or being rude...
  • Options
    justiniand1justiniand1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    They could just change it so Righteousness doesn't apply in a group situation but I think for the greater good of the game they should just lower the threat on healing, right now its a double edged sword which is bad for us and bad for GFs.
  • Options
    uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Transferring threat to the tank would be useful. Though, if they just gave the tank better tools to do his job and toned down heal aggro it would be unnecessary.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Righteousness can only be truly justified if every class gets a self debuff that makes their class defining ability do 40% less, all of the time.

Or hell, let's just do this: every class but cleric gets -40% healing from potions/health stones. That oughta level the playing field.
  • Options
    uberguberuberguber Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 110 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    deistik wrote: »
    Righteousness can only be truly justified if every class gets a self debuff that makes their class defining ability do 40% less, all of the time.
    I agree with this statement.
    Noli sinere te ab improbis opprimi
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Deistik sorry if i reacted to firmly, but asking for +40% damage, i thought u where joking that's all.
    Personaly i am fine with the reduced heal on self, but like u mentioned there should be something oposite of it.

As it stands now, we get the least heal, and pull the most aggro.

with my idee this could be transfered to how it should be, we stil get less heal, but we have a private gaurdian taking all the aggro to him. I think this would benefit both cleric and tanks engame.
    From the story's that i read on the forums about GWF/GF they just get kicked in endgame dungeons for having no purpose and slowing down the run. Granting them a giant BULLS-EYE might allow them to be usefull and enjoy endgame...?

(also tossing mobs off the cliff? really? action rpg? fix the dungeon and GWF/GF wil suddenly become usefull in endgame '-.- but thats off-topic)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    No worries dude :)

I just feel if we're going to get such a massive debuff, we should get something good in return. Threat funnel would be awesome, I'd take it... it's just weird because I feel as the ONLY healing class in the game, we should at least be able to heal ourselves as well as the ally standing 10ft away.
  • Options
    doomsday22kdoomsday22k Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    uberguber wrote: »
    Transferring threat to the tank would be useful. Though, if they just gave the tank better tools to do his job and toned down heal aggro it would be unnecessary.

I've seen tanks go down faster than I do when all the agro transfers from me to them.

Kinda entertaining really. I might survive 12 seconds, they survive 2. lol
  • Options
    abradaxabradax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 64
    edited May 2013
    This could be accomplished with Divine power.

You enter Divine state, you drop aggro, and generate 50% less threat during the duration of Divine power.

GF raises his shield, it acts as an AE taunt and increases his threat generation for 50% during the duration of his shield ability.
    Lieutenant Johnathan "Seven" Abradax
    Liberated Borg -Captain USS Solstice
    Member of Starfleet Borg Task Force - Tactical Unit