test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Renegade 2nd Racial?? Really?

dasvadanyadasvadanya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
First off I just wanna say I love this game. Interactive combat, unique (so far as my exp goes) crafting, cool pvp, love the in game currency, quests, foundry etc etc...

My only gripe so far (and admittedly its pretty minor) is the "Menzoberanzan Renegade's" secondary racial. The first one is pretty cool, debuff to power and defense, and it makes sense with what we know about the Drow race in general. The second one is terrible though. Faster campfire regen? Really? Thats honestly the best thing they could think of to make as the secondary racial for people who spent $200 on a founders pack? Pretty weak to be honest. I'm not saying they should have better racials than any of the others, based on the fact we had to pay to play as them, but something at least comperable as a secondary would be nice. Faster regen overall, slightly improved recovery, something like that. Could keep it along the same lines and not make it OP, but as it currently is, feels pretty junky.
Post edited by dasvadanya on

Comments

• Options
    infi321infi321 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I call your drow racial, and raise with GWF dps.
    "Your story may not last forever; but it will exist forever"
  • Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    It's not just the founders, standard drow are also going to have that "perk", but yeah, it is just laughably bad. It's not even situationally mediocre, like many other racial perks, it's just terribly, terribly useless. Whoever was in charged completely dropped the ball here. A replacement would be in order, preferrably one that does the same on normal and menzo drow, but maybe looks cooler for the founders so both can be happy.
  • Options
    nemesis788450nemesis788450 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    well...elves, what ya gonna do, right?
  • Options
    novronnovron Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Yea, and as I recall, drow are supposed to have innate 50% magic resistance. A little overpowered for gameplay but a head nod to the rules with some percentage would be in order.

Besides, all elves do the reverie thing, not just drow.
  • Options
    xophielxophiel Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You already have the best racial in the game, but I guess that is not enough for the cash shop kids.
  • Options
    maximiliousmaximilious Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes the campfire racial sucks... should have magic resist.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    freemind25freemind25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 68
    edited May 2013
    xophiel wrote: »
    You already have the best racial in the game, but I guess that is not enough for the cash shop kids.

"You have 5% chance when attacking a foe to apply Faerie Fire for 4 seconds, reducing its Power and Defense by 6%."
    It does sound nice for boss fights, but that's pretty much it then I guess.
  • Options
    lokaidraxmartislokaidraxmartis Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    novron wrote: »
    Yea, and as I recall, drow are supposed to have innate 50% magic resistance. A little overpowered for gameplay but a head nod to the rules with some percentage would be in order.

Besides, all elves do the reverie thing, not just drow.

Quoted from the monsters manual on drow

Drow
    Average Height: 5 4˝ – 6 0˝
    Average Weight: 130–170 lb.
    Ability Scores: +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma
    Size: Medium
    Speed: 6 squares
    Vision: Darkvision
    Languages: Common, Elven
    Skill Bonuses: +2 Intimidate, +2 Stealth
    Trance: Rather than sleep, drow enter a meditative state
    known as trance. You need to spend 4 hours in this state
    to gain the same benefits other races gain from taking a 6-
    hour extended rest. While in a trance, you are fully aware
    of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and
    other events as normal.
    Lolthtouched: Once per encounter, you can use either the
    cloud of darkness or darkfire power.

As you can see there is no spell resistance in 4e, that was 3.5. Trance is your regen so actually its fairly true to the source material hate it all you want but, this is accurate.
  • Options
    dasvadanyadasvadanya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sorry I can afford to buy a founders pack and you can't? Lol in any case, I'm not saying I want it to be overpowering, just not completely and totally 100% useless. Yea faerie fire is ok, I wouldn't say its anything amazing or special though
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Could save you a bundle on Injury kits.

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    pops000pops000 Member Posts: 250 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    Not to worry.

Soon your next favorite Gygax will be released for the amazing price of only $40.
  • Options
    daowacedaowace Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    As you can see there is no spell resistance in 4e, that was 3.5.
    I hate 4e, jesus.

Maybe I'm stuck in the old NWN/Baldur's Gate era of D&D that I played, but this 4e stuff just seems to have ruined what D&D was.
  • Options
    steampunkysteampunky Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Not really.

You've still got five people and a bag of dice for Friday Night's Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYMYakprTWg

-Rachel-
    Great Weapon Fighter tanks? Who are you kidding? Cleric tanks. They draw -all- the aggro.
  • Options
    dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    campfire regen is op, that means you will heal up faster and top the deeps meter in dungeons while the rest of use regen at our slow rates. Srsly, this tops all the other issues in the game!! NERF campfire regen!!! /slapintheface...FACE!
  • Options
    spyke2009spyke2009 Member Posts: 674 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    dasvadanya wrote: »
    Sorry I can afford to buy a founders pack and you can't? Lol

And no one read a single word past this part.
  • Options
    kronmyrkronmyr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3
    edited May 2013
    daowace wrote: »
    I hate 4e, jesus.

Maybe I'm stuck in the old NWN/Baldur's Gate era of D&D that I played, but this 4e stuff just seems to have ruined what D&D was.

Naa, 4E made Drow actually playable. Back in 2nd ED they were way too powerful to allow in normal campaigns (Spell Resistance, Innate Spell Abilities, Stat Bonuses), in 3.xE the Level Adjustment system nerfed them into oblivion, and finally 4E put them on par with other races.

Honestly, it makes sense. Spell Resistance and other Gygaxian abilities were simply tacked on to make Drow a high level monster, and didn't really fit into the overall theme.